Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
what the h*ck rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Ribs. His James Bond song was ok.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Well, I guess I know what my Facebook feed is gonna look like today. Ugh.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
he wast the best of man

he was the blurst of man

u stupid monkey

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Nice guy, great voice, 12-inch cock. RIP Chris Cornell. Show me how to die.

DadJokeGenerator
Feb 15, 2015

Snatch Duster posted:

you sound superunknown

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

i do not appreciate you misquoting me

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

gallilee posted:

Sure Soundgarden was good, but his solo stuff was mediocre at best. Still I will miss the dude.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/news/chris-cornell-audioslave-soundgarden-singer-has-died-aged-52/

What singer from the grunge era is still alive now?

Its just Vedder and Rossdale left.

TOOT BOOT posted:

courtney love will live to be 90

The real crime of a cold and uncaring god.

luncheon meat posted:

It's times like these I'm like "oh, those white people and their music" but then realise I'm white too but not apparently not white enough because who the gently caress was this dude?

Its not that you aren't white enough. Its that you are loving 12.

God drat kids.

sauer kraut posted:

R.I.P. another piece of my 90's :smith:

He was the dude on the right

Seriously under rated movie.

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

:(

titty fat pizza
Jan 1, 2013
loving sad news

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

Genocide Tendency posted:

Its not that you aren't white enough. Its that you are loving 12.

God drat kids.

I'm 38 and the 90s was full of mistakes

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

luncheon meat posted:

I'm 38 and the 90s was full of mistakes

a 38 year old white male that doesn't know soundgarden

you a liar.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

drat... can't believe the guy from Jane's Addiction is dead... :rip: my childhood

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004
Wow who would have thought that Tad would be one of the last left standing from that era
(Just a cool obscure PNW grunge reference for all you old fart gen-x'ers out there)

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Nick Rivers posted:

Wow who would have thought that Tad would be one of the last left standing from that era
(Just a cool obscure PNW grunge reference for all you old fart gen-x'ers out there)

Buzzo is still kicking.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I knew his name.:rip:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

say hello 2 heaven

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Chris may have shot first, but looks like Kurt Cobain finally finished the job.

CptSpaulding
Feb 19, 2013

His album sales will go up for a week now. All the people that have to listen to his music for a week b/c he died. The poo poo is dated and I can't listen to more than 2 songs on Badmotorfinger now w/out turning it off. Audioslave was mediocre at best and his solo stuff was awful. His best work was in Singles when dude was cranking the car stereo and he was standing there silent.

RIP Chris Cornell

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Suicide ain't no way to go about things. I guess we've all fallen on ab black day today.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
They found him in a pretty noose while his body was drawing flies

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

ruddiger posted:

I always get this guy and the guy who hosed Carmen Electra confused. Dave Navarro? They're both pretty greasy looking.

Black hole sun was a pretty good song tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mbBbFH9fAg
RIP one hit wonder man.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

CptSpaulding posted:

The poo poo is dated and I can't listen to more than 2 songs on Badmotorfinger now w/out turning it off. Audioslave was mediocre at best and his solo stuff was awful. His best work was in Singles when dude was cranking the car stereo and he was standing there silent.

RIP Chris Cornell

Well tbh the first two songs of Badmotorfinger are all that anyone should listen to.
You can make a kickass playlist if you pick 2-3 songs from each of his albums. What more can you ask from a musician :confused:

If you wanna talk about dated, enter Nirvana and college girl poprock sensation Foo Fighters.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Cornell was an awesome rock vocalist and it's a shame he's dead.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Soundgarden was pretty good. Not great not bad, but pretty good. I think we, as a society, need to face the fact that some things are just pretty good.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Something something like a stone?

CptSpaulding
Feb 19, 2013

sauer kraut posted:

Well tbh the first two songs of Badmotorfinger are all that anyone should listen to.
You can make a kickass playlist if you pick 2-3 songs from each of his albums. What more can you ask from a musician :confused:

If you wanna talk about dated, enter Nirvana and college girl poprock sensation Foo Fighters.

Like I said, 2 songs in, Hahaha. He was a great singer in his time, the 90's. He had some OK songs on each album. Maybe it's me getting older? And yea, I can't listen to Nirvana. Never really could. Foo Fighters have a few songs I can dig. The whole Seattle scene or grunge is dead. IMO it barely lived. AIC was about the only band from there that I can listen to. Don't get me started on PJ. A guy mumbling at best in a mic and everyone thinks he's god....

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Say hello to heaven

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I still love this just as much as I did the first time I heard it, which is to say, a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8nkHrv_4Mg

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I still love this just as much as I did the first time I heard it, which is to say, a lot.

Yeah, one hell of a good song. I tended to like that album more than any of their others, which is a minority opinion I know, but oh well.

Also, Audioslave was loving garbage. RIP.

lil bip
Mar 13, 2004

That ain't workin', that's the way you do it
Quite like pretty good things, RIP Chris. May you always be warm and tanned.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
hmm radio just said a suicide but the cnn article said the family would be working with the ME office to determine a cause of death...

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

EX250 Type R posted:

hmm radio just said a suicide but the cnn article said the family would be working with the ME office to determine a cause of death...

Possible suicide, apparently there was a band around his neck.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Possible suicide, apparently there was a band around his neck.

Courtney Love strikes again

cnut
May 3, 2016

EX250 Type R posted:

Courtney Love strikes again

:argh:

3DHouseofBeef
May 10, 2006

He must have been feeling Minnesota.

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

whiter than a Wilco show posted:

Pearl Jam will be the last remaining grunge band just like Paul McCartney will be the last living Beatle for one simple reason: we live in the worst possible time line.

Um you mean ringo will be there is simply no limit to the number of dumb horseshit songs that can ooze out of his stupid brain

lets rock out! :downs:

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
blilly corgan, gay at 52

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

ProperCoochie posted:

blilly corgan, gay at 52

lol

Adbot