Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

good show, i really liked it

a couple of the creators went on to be producers but they've also written the lego movies and cloudy with a chance of meatballs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Undergrads sucked.
It's a guilty pleasure.

hard counter posted:

a couple of the creators went on to be producers but they've also written the lego movies and cloudy with a chance of meatballs

One of the creators was the guy who did Spin City and Scrubs, the other two directed Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, the 21 Jump Street movies, and the Lego Movie. They good.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

i am talking backwards. and telling yoooou to watch clone high. and for us to get an emmy. i'm saying that backwards. 'cause it's sneaky

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

hard counter posted:

They even had Will Forte reprise his role as Abraham Lincoln for the Lego Movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua61e3dog0s

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah but they didn't let him do the same voice so it's garbage

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

mind the walrus posted:

One of the creators was the guy who did Spin City and Scrubs, the other two directed Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, the 21 Jump Street movies, and the Lego Movie. They good.

:agreed:

Light Gun Man posted:

Yep, good show. Too bad it (supposedly?) Pissed off India and got cancelled.

there was some controversy in india over the show's comedic use of gandhi yeah but it's my understanding that its mixed critical reception and low ratings was what did it in

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

That Stan-Grade is such a motherfucking show boat; he's been that way sinceAmherst

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

and when you eat your sweets, make sure you try
to limit your servings, or you'll DDDDIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEE

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Undergrads sucked.

I thought I remembered liking that show but I tried to rewatch an episode like a year ago and the theme song beginning actually made me embarrassed to have it on my computer. That's as far as I got

To be fair I was like 14 when it came out

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Aesop Poprock posted:

I thought I remembered liking that show but I tried to rewatch an episode like a year ago and the theme song beginning actually made me embarrassed to have it on my computer. That's as far as I got

To be fair I was like 14 when it came out

Good Charlotte were all like 25 when they wrote that song lol

Mormon Mother
Jan 23, 2008
Self diagnosed!

You've got crabs, rear end-face!

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
i err-uh

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I just remembered the ridiculous amount of entirely unnecessary mouth injuries.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Good Charlotte were all like 25 when they wrote that song lol

Yeah but I don't think Good Charlotte ever saw themselves as anything other than a money press that processes teenage girls

xsuperkidx
Sep 21, 2000

Bread Liar
Wa-oh! Scholar Dancers... Do you think this bad boy's a hit?

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Rick and morty blows goats

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Who Is Paul Blart posted:

I will fight you in real life

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Nah it's really good. Clone High was OK but it's at best 1/3 the quality of R&M

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Rick and morty is loving stupid poo poo for idiots.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Rick and morty is loving stupid poo poo for idiots.

I own a gun and can find out were you live

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
ponce de leon's death, followed by jfk's emotional breakdown, was the funniest thing i'd ever seen at the time

i hated all the joan/abe poo poo though

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
STAMOS!!!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I'm an albatross

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

YeahTubaMike posted:

i hated all the joan/abe poo poo though
I grew up around people who loved the late-90s WB teen stuff like Dawson's Creek, Buffy, Felicity, and Gilmore Girls so the Joan/Abe stuff had me in goddamn stitches.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmZGwtPVwN0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU-ISZOBngQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr4gZb33l3U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgSl53h-90Y

It's good but occupies that same weird real estate as South Park where the lowest common denominators are painfully stunted teenage boys and manchildren who overhype it.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

hard counter posted:

And also a Star Wars movie

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

mind the walrus posted:

I grew up around people who loved the late-90s WB teen stuff like Dawson's Creek, Buffy, Felicity, and Gilmore Girls so the Joan/Abe stuff had me in goddamn stitches.

i hated it because it hit way way way way way way way way way too close to home, as i too was a quasi mall-goth with several unreciprocated crushes on lanky dudes with prominent adam's apples

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
YOU SHOULD SEE MY CAR. IT'S A MESS.
I'M A MESS

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

YeahTubaMike posted:

i hated it because it hit way way way way way way way way way too close to home, as i too was a quasi mall-goth with several unreciprocated crushes on lanky dudes with prominent adam's apples
That sounds way more specific than it probably is.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hi I'm Ottawa's Tom Green. I live in Hollywood. Thank you.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

mind the walrus posted:

That sounds way more specific than it probably is.

I don't think he's talking about Clone High

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

mind the walrus posted:

It's good but occupies that same weird real estate as South Park where the lowest common denominators are painfully stunted teenage boys and manchildren who overhype it.

Apparently this is a thing, and a lot of people say it and it's probably true. I can imagine lonely atheist pretend nihilists identifying with Rick even though he's essentially the series main antagonist.

Also they probably get way too into the multi dimension thing like trek nerds do. Still a way better show than south park probably ever was only two seasons in

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I don't think he's talking about Clone High
I meant the demographic.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Apparently this is a thing, and a lot of people say it and it's probably true. I can imagine lonely atheist pretend nihilists identifying with Rick even though he's essentially the series main antagonist.

Also they probably get way too into the multi dimension thing like trek nerds do. Still a way better show than south park probably ever was only two seasons in
As someone who fits into that category way more than he doesn't, that's how I know it's true. If I were 13 again I'd be 100% unironically on-board with Rick's schtick and champion South Park as the greatest social commentary of our times.

R&M is genuinely good writing and storytelling though, even if the dissonance between how much it wants you to know how little it cares about its mythology vs. how deeply it cares about showcasing its characters' emotional worldviews is vast enough to cause whiplash.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Aesop Poprock posted:

wait? people identify with Rick?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

People who fancy themselves the smartest guy in the room and are too socially insulated to know differently, yeah.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Streak posted:

Hi I'm Ottawa's Tom Green. I live in Hollywood. Thank you.

tom green owns, his show got me through high school before jackass replaced him on mtv. he was the only thing in popular entertainment that was weird and silly enough for me to relate to

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

He's basically a genius omnipotent space god throughout multiple universes and specifically rick c-137 is the most powerful of all ricks and not even Morty believes he'll ever be beat. It's part of the plot line and sounds exactly like what a 12 year unhappy fat kid would dream about

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Haverchuck posted:

tom green owns, his show got me through high school before jackass replaced him on mtv. he was the only thing in popular entertainment that was weird and silly enough for me to relate to

That was me. Wait no, mystery science theater already existed that was closer to me

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Aesop Poprock posted:

That was me. Wait no, mystery science theater already existed that was closer to me

mst was good too but there was nothing like a guy with a camera crew busting into a convenience store and drinking a whole bottle of mustard or bringing a bunch of farm animals into his parents home

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Haverchuck posted:

jackass had like two seasons before Tom Green got a show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

jackass had like two seasons before Tom Green got a show

Wait really? I know the CKY stuff was out before Tom green but I always viewed jackass as like a year or two later than him

• Locked thread