Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Stranger Danger Ranger posted:

i like pineapple on my burgers

i made sausages on the grill last night (keilbasa and chorizo) and i grilled some pineapple along with them. now i can never have sausages without grilled pineapple again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Tumble posted:

i made sausages on the grill last night (keilbasa and chorizo) and i grilled some pineapple along with them. now i can never have sausages without grilled pineapple again

The sickness is spreading

Soon you'll all be like rcman and glazing your pizzas and hotdogs with honey and also in an unrelated note fat as gently caress

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
to make a good burger here are the requirements:

at least 1/3 of a pound

only salt and pepper to season. season the outside heavily

dont press it too tight, there should be lots of air pockets inside for grease to accumulate

a good bun is key

as mentioned if you can find a good tomato it is also key. PROTIP: cherry tomatoes often have a much better flavour. quarter a bunch of those and toss them on instead of the cardboard greenhouse roma you were looking at.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
grilled pineapple and pork is a delight.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

The sickness is spreading

Soon you'll all be like rcman and glazing your pizzas and hotdogs with honey and also in an unrelated note fat as gently caress

I use honey in my home made pizza sauce already. It's too late.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Big Beef City posted:

I use honey in my home made pizza sauce already. It's too late.

why

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Tomato sauce with sugar sucks might as well just crack a jar of Ragu at that point

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
or worse, order papa john's

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I had to do cast iron stove burgers last night because it was pissing rain all day yesterday. I just got the cast iron pan really hot and seared both sides for 2 min or so, then in the oven for a few minutes.

They turned out ok, better than I expected but I feel like I'm missing out on burger season. Also, just salt and pepper was ok, but I want a journey to flavor-town. Mayo, bbq sauce, bacon, and grilled onion.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Worcestershire sauce really compliments the flavor of ground beef in a burger

Mixing other stuff in is good too, but that's more of a meat-patty/meatloaf kinda thing at that point

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I use a jar of fire roasted tomatoes, red wine, garlic, fresh basil, and a little honey as the ingredients. It's good I guess. Idk. I don't go hog wild with it.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Big Beef City posted:

I use a jar of fire roasted tomatoes, red wine, garlic, fresh basil, and a little honey as the ingredients. It's good I guess. Idk. I don't go hog wild with it.

its probably fine, i aint no food purist so who gives a poo poo as long as it tastes good.

hell i mix an egg yolk into my burger if i'm gonna be adding diced onions and worcestershire sauce. you just gotta make sure you aren't mixing the burger around too much or it becomes too dense

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
adding honey to a tomato sauce would be vile but that's not a tomato sauce so w/e

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The best burger toppings are pepper jack cheese and a bunch of green chiles on it. Ketchup/mustard/mayo/etc overpower and ruin burgers.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Mmmmm mmmm mmmmm that's a good lookin burger, time to drown it in corn syrup and red food coloring because I am an idiot baby retard

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I'm sort of a burger snob so the only condiment I use are mayo ketchup spicey mustard coldslaw jalapeños Tabasco potato chips and cheddar cheese op

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I like to season my burger with cum and poo poo flakes OP

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
A burger with guacamole and/or sriracha owns.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Pepper jack is an acceptable burg cheese I'm but don't get too fancy with gouda or whatever. Unless it's smoked

ketchup and mustard don't belong on a burg imo

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im gonna make a brat with so much kraut and tard

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I like cheese, lettuce, tomato and avacado with just a little ketchup on extra lean ground round or sirloin. If i'm feeling like something unhealthy and greasy maybe some bacon and bbq sauce!

The only burgs that are going to be juicy enough to eat dry are the ones with super high fat content 30%+. No wonder goons like them.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Jukeboxblues posted:

I like to season my burger with cum and poo poo flakes OP

Maybe you should just clean your kitchen?

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
Peanut butter is the only thing that belongs on a burger imo

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I commonly use spinach instead of lettuce in p much any food or dish that calls for leafy greens.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Space Race Riot posted:

Peanut butter is the only thing that belongs on a burger imo

PB&J burgers are the best.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
Burgers are for people with the palate of an ingrate and also ignorant or willing to destroy the planet with their consumption of beef agriculture.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Proper burgs have ketchup and cheddar cheese only.

If you eat burgs with other crap on it you're a degenerate

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Snatch Duster posted:

Yeah no ketchup is loving gross on anything except maybe fries

Pleb bastard

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

wide stance posted:

Burgers are for people with the palate of an ingrate and also ignorant or willing to destroy the planet with their consumption of beef agriculture.
lots of dumb opinions, mostly regarding the liberal use of ketchup where none belongs, but out of dumb opinions this one takes the cake!!!!

congrats heres your prize now find yourself out

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
eat my goddamn burger dick, mustard is delicious and goes on everything especially burgers

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

like a cigarette should posted:

eat my goddamn burger dick, mustard is delicious and goes on everything especially burgers
mustard is the King of Condiments

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Snatch Duster posted:

this is how you do it. I call it the "grade school style" burg.

uber_stoat fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jun 17, 2017

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Anyone else a big fan of turkey burgs? Winco sells 2pound rolls of 80/20 ground turkey for 4 bucks round here and I love that poo poo. I typically get about 6 burgs from it, as 1/3rd pound is the ideal burg size, and i tend to combine it with a bit of garlic, parsley, and basil, then season the outside with salt/pepper. If you've never tried it I'd recommend, it's not like some substitute for beef it's good on it's own rights.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

ArbitraryC posted:

Anyone else a big fan of turkey burgs? Winco sells 2pound rolls of 80/20 ground turkey for 4 bucks round here and I love that poo poo. I typically get about 6 burgs from it, as 1/3rd pound is the ideal burg size, and i tend to combine it with a bit of garlic, parsley, and basil, then season the outside with salt/pepper. If you've never tried it I'd recommend, it's not like some substitute for beef it's good on it's own rights.

Ugh. Just saying turkey burger doesn't feel right.
Turkey burger.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

My favourite burger is designed to offend purists and be secretly delicious. I will show you it in a diagram:

Cheap burger bun top
Big blob of sweet BBQ sauce
Cheap burger patty cooked from frozen in a pan, unseasoned.
Square and a half of processed Swiss cheese, the kind in the plastic envelope
Big blob of mayo
Cheap burger bun bottom

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

WatermelonGun posted:

Ugh. Just saying turkey burger doesn't feel right.
Turkey burger.

Yeah I'm not trying to hawk it as the sort of garbage replacement that poo poo like turkey bacon is I'm just saying it's this other separate thing that is also p good.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

ArbitraryC posted:

Yeah I'm not trying to hawk it as the sort of garbage replacement that poo poo like turkey bacon is I'm just saying it's this other separate thing that is also p good.

Hey now turkey bacon is good for me to poop on

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
what about lamb burger?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Les Os posted:

what about lamb burger?

Usually dry as hell, but in theory can be pretty good if they manage to get it in that very narrow window between raw and overcooked.

Salmon burgers are an abomination though. Just make a salmon sandwich, something they do when they burgerize it just doesn't taste right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Maybe you should just clean your kitchen?

Why would I throw out all the free seasoning???

• Locked thread