Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Three Olives posted:

:lol: If your groceries are not delivered. Amazon Prime Fresh, Instacart, Google Express, WTF man?
I'm not going to trust some random duff to pick out my meat and produce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

It doesn't suck. Maybe you do. Sorry.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Neukoln19 posted:

but if you spring for C be sure to make your crazy youtube partially animated vlog/suicide note under 40 minutes and easy to understand tia hth

After considering this, I'm not sure the murder/suicide vlog is of any value anymore. Who cares anymore why any particular dude goes on a killing spree. Every kind of frustration can be used as a pretense for mass murder. If people didn't care about it before, current events tells us people will still not care about it even if you achieve an active killer high score.

Vanity of vanities, even active killing is vain.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsrEAWcAvRg
OK.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_ZQOP23L1Y

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Three Olives posted:

I normally have them delivered before I get up or right before I get home and just have the porter leave them outside my front door so the dogs aren't disturbed.

I'm not going to lie that looks pretty awesome.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Goddamn it, we use Peapod and Amazon Prime Fresh and now they've been tainted by 3O.

I mean I'm not gonna stop using them or generously tipping the delivery people but still

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

The people who deliver you groceries via an app like you even less than the people who you call.

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe

Three-Phase posted:

UNEXPECTED ITEM IN BAGGING AREA... PLEASE WAIT FOR ASSISTANCE...

I had that stupid drat thing go off twice in a row once. It's like all the major retailers bought from the exact same company and all their self-checkouts suck. It still beats the alternative of getting in line behind:

• Person with a completely full cart
  • Person with a bag full of a hundred coupons
  • Person who insists on letting their toddler put all the items on the conveyor belt, do the credit card reader, and frankly anything other than sit in the cart and keep quiet
  • Person with a bag full of a hundred coupons who argues with the cashier about which items are accepted and which aren't
  • Person who initiates long, personal conversation with the cashier
  • Combinations of the above

When there's fifteen regular checkouts, fifty customers, and three lines are open while a sleepy teenage floor manager listlessly calls for team members to come up to the front... if they feel like it.

Oops I brought this clearly damaged/open item to the checkout, can you have someone go get a better one for me? Yes of course I'll wait.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
Going to the grocery store doesn't bother me at all, if there's a line I'll just chat with someone in front or behind me, but you know what I do hate? Going to the bank. It's always a huge pain in my rear end but luckily it's pretty rare that I have to actually go inside for whatever reason.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6cylwiWBSs

Bag it, tag it...

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

i like to just chill in post offices cockin my head at babes and saying, 'suuuuup? mailin somethin?'

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Grocery stores have a lot more leverage than most stores you shop at (can treat customers less well than many other stores before it has a serious impact) because they sell straight-up necessities and for a lot of people there's only one specific grocery store they can reasonably buy from (e.g. only one store within reasonable distance).

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

i like to just chill in post offices cockin my head at babes and saying, 'suuuuup? mailin somethin?'

You're supposed to say, "I got a package for you. Special D!"
Just a suggestion.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

univbee posted:

Grocery stores have a lot more leverage than most stores you shop at (can treat customers less well than many other stores before it has a serious impact) because they sell straight-up necessities and for a lot of people there's only one specific grocery store they can reasonably buy from (e.g. only one store within reasonable distance).

This is why I love suburbia. There's like 7 grocery stores within a couple miles of my apartment and two bulk places within 5 or 10

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I'm not buying groceries from you Mr amazon man shill op eat the rich only

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

It doesn't suck that bad OP, you loving baby. Go to a decent grocery store at a time of day when it's not insanely loving busy. And stop crying about loading/unloading groceries you pussy. They're like 15-20 lbs on the heaviest bags, at most.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

I.C. posted:

You're supposed to say, "I got a package for you. Special D!"
Just a suggestion.

oh, you mean like mny dick is the package i have for her? perfect, i like it becauser it could also mean like a mail package! she'll be all ,'uh what oh wait, dude!' thsanks for the protip.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
lol, just lol, if you're too weak to carry in all your groceries in one trip.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Jim Barris posted:

lol, just lol, if you're too weak to carry in all your groceries in one trip.

This. If you can't you're not shopping often enough, having to get a shitload of stuff each trip, and prolly aren't keeping things at peak freshness. I hit the grocery every four or five days. If you are going to the grocery often and still can't take all your poo poo inside with one load then loving lmao you godamn noodley-armed bitch.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

oh, you mean like mny dick is the package i have for her? perfect, i like it becauser it could also mean like a mail package! she'll be all ,'uh what oh wait, dude!' thsanks for the protip.

Yes, I do mean that.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
The worst part is going past the dwarf who lives under the pickles on Aisle 3. He always looks so sad.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Zorodius posted:

The worst part is going past the dwarf who lives under the pickles on Aisle 3. He always looks so sad.

He's just angry because he can't reach the olives on the shelves above the pickles. Hand him down a jar or two and he'll perk right up.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I shop exclusively at local, privately owned stores that don't allow the riff-raff in.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
I go to the grocery store at 9am on Sunday morning so I don't have to deal with all the church goers. Because, holy poo poo, if you go at 11 o'clock, the place is a poo poo show.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
We used to go on Sundays but I'd wanna go early. My fiancee wouldn't get up til the afternoon and we'd go out at 3 or 4 and gently caress me what a disaster

naem
May 29, 2011

People who stand really really close behind you so that they are physically touching you

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Krycek posted:

I go to the grocery store at 9am on Sunday morning so I don't have to deal with all the church goers. Because, holy poo poo, if you go at 11 o'clock, the place is a poo poo show.

This is the way to do it. I work nights so I usually go around 8 am. Nobody around, and I'm usually in and out in half an hour. It's a completely stress free experience.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
grocery store is good what are you talking about

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

naem posted:

People who stand really really close behind you so that they are physically touching you

All of these people should die. In basic training in the military I often had to stand heel-to-toe in line and it's the loving wooooorst. I'll never do that poo poo again and when somebody is touching me in a line I'll turn around and (not in an rear end in a top hat fashion, but firmly) ask them to please back up.

Seriously though guys, only keep certain things frozen and just go to the grocery every four or five days, planning the next few days accordingly. It's nice to just go "What do I wanna eat in the next few days?" and just get what you need rather than making huge trips and planning meals around what you already have/need to use.

Gungan Sex Toys
Jun 21, 2017

get drunk at the store, its not stealing until the booze leaves the premises

you can't leave then

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Sounds like the OP has never been to a Wegmans.

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012
The grocery store does suck, which is why things like Hy Vee Aisles exists. Free delivery if your order is > 100 or free pickup if its not. WTF would you ever go to the grocery store again when they will bring the poo poo to you?

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Keystoned posted:

The grocery store does suck, which is why things like Hy Vee Aisles exists. Free delivery if your order is > 100 or free pickup if its not. WTF would you ever go to the grocery store again when they will bring the poo poo to you?

I don't wanna get too weird about things, but...where do you think this stuff comes from?

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Keystoned posted:

I refuse to believe you're not paying for the convenience somehow, be it through marked up items or a straight fee. I wouldn't be surprised if sale prices don't apply either since they often depend on getting multiples of the item.

naem
May 29, 2011

Honky Dong Country posted:

All of these people should die. In basic training in the military I often had to stand heel-to-toe in line and it's the loving wooooorst. I'll never do that poo poo again and when somebody is touching me in a line I'll turn around and (not in an rear end in a top hat fashion, but firmly) ask them to please back up

I like to turn very slowly around and stand so that our noses are basically touching, really emphasizing how weirdly close we are, open my eyes REALLY wide, and go "HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" in the highest pitch possible voice. It works especially well at night

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

naem posted:

I like to turn very slowly around and stand so that our noses are basically touching, really emphasizing how weirdly close we are, open my eyes REALLY wide, and go "HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" in the highest pitch possible voice. It works especially well at night

lmao I got a strong mental image of this and I can't stop laughing.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Sounds like the OP has never been to a Wegmans.

I miss Wegmans. Their fresh bread was sooooo goooood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Three-Phase posted:

I miss Wegmans. Their fresh bread was sooooo goooood.

We go to Wegmans every time we visit my fiancée's family. They have just amazing poo poo and I would kill to have one here

• Locked thread