Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Woo! So SGDQ starts at noon with Halfco's Nier:Automata run? A wonderful birthday present :coolfish:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

KennyMan666 posted:

The Yetee SGDQ shirts are up. I am absolutely getting Phazon Glitch.

Sweet!

I like Automatons, Knightmare, and Phazon Glitch.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I think the shirts are pretty weak this time. Only one I'd buy is Knightmare but I already have the Dark Souls shirt from AGDQ.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

there are a lot of 2017 games in this mix

hollow knight
nier automata
poi
alwa's awakening
splasher
shantae half-genie hero (released dec 20 2016)

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Demicol posted:

I think the shirts are pretty weak this time. Only one I'd buy is Knightmare but I already have the Dark Souls shirt from AGDQ.

I like the FF7 shirt but not in white. Same with the AGDQ character shirt, I'd buy it if it wasn't bright green.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Bah, I'm gonna miss the opening of SGDQ. Well, good luck Halfco, I'll be eagerly anticipating the archive!

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

We are liiiiiiive!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Whoops, almost forgot to install Streamlink and the GUI. These programs are great!

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
hope they don't get the botw bonus because I want to watch it, but I haven't played it and don't want to spoil myself

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Doorknob Slobber posted:

hope they don't get the botw bonus because I want to watch it, but I haven't played it and don't want to spoil myself

I don't see any scenario where they won't get it.

That pre-show made me go and clear my schedule for tuesday afternoon so I can watch I am bread.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Are we doing the split live thread and chill thread like we did for AGDQ? Because that was a good idea.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

iospace posted:

Are we doing the split live thread and chill thread like we did for AGDQ? Because that was a good idea.

Yeah, this is the serious thread and this is the live reaction thread.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Pakled posted:

Yeah, this is the serious thread and this is the live reaction thread.

What I thought! :getin:

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The biggest reason for two threads at least for me is probably just to have an easier time recommending runs and reading "what was good last night" posts from my US bros. So do make those here, and update recommendation lists. I'll be keeping mine updated from the euro side, I'm on summer holiday so should have time to watch stuff.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Obviously this is one that'll get recommended by me, because he's trashing the game.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Was there an explanation I missed for what Half did to infinitely climb up that bridge?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Thank you to the mod who stickied this thread as well.

Nero Tomato looks like a fun game but it's hard to follow speedruns for games I haven't played yet.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I haven't played Nier either and wasn't sure if I'd dig this run, but Halfcoordinated is having just so much fun and all the puns rolling in, it's been a real strong opener.

e: #got2Bradical is on fire right now.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jul 2, 2017

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The puns are going to continue all week now. They have cursed it all.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Where can I get a Hollow Knight plush like they had on the pre-show table?

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

This Halo run is really good.

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

It was a great run. That multi grenade jump was cool as hell

Ten Wasted Dollars
Oct 24, 2010

TeaJay posted:

Where can I get a Hollow Knight plush like they had on the pre-show table?

You have to get 20 KOs in Cruel Melee and then Sonic and Tails will send you one in the mail

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Worldshatter posted:

It was a great run. That multi grenade jump was cool as hell

Yeah that was some serious ~math~. I also got some reflected catharsis seeing him completely skip Keyes. I hate that level.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Definitely looking forward to doom 2016, I just played it for the first time recently and bet it makes for a fun watch

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Digirat posted:

Definitely looking forward to doom 2016, I just played it for the first time recently and bet it makes for a fun watch

Oh it's super fun. Doom 2016 is a great speedgame. Last AGDQ had a great any% run. This one's 100% secrets so I imagine it'll be good too.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Digirat posted:

The Any% is mostly just some dude jumping around out of bounds and not ripping and tearing

Caros
May 14, 2008

On stream world record for SOTN. Cool beans.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Really? That's rad. Nowadays I just wait for the archives unless it's a run I REALLY have to see, like the undertale run.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Not just WR but a very fun run. Crazy movement tech for those into that sort of thing.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

Really? That's rad. Nowadays I just wait for the archives unless it's a run I REALLY have to see, like the undertale run.

Yeah, was pretty baller. Diddy Kong Racing came alarmingly close as well.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

And Luigi's Mansion too

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Your Computer posted:

Not just WR but a very fun run. Crazy movement tech for those into that sort of thing.

That's great, I love SOTN. Too bad I couldn't catch it live, but I gotta put it on my to-watch list for sure.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

My recommendations so far, will update after I've caught up on runs I've missed (might be after the actual marathon too)

- NieR with Halfcoordinated - solid opener, HC just had so much fun and the PUNS, the PUNS
- Strider HD - very fast paced action, execution, mashing, OOB - that's what a speedrun is about

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

MDK sure was a video game. Definitely watch that.

Also Assault Android Cactus had a great couch.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

EVO: The search for Darkwing Duck?

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

EVO: The search for Darkwing Duck?

didnt know they made a turok spin off for gameboy???

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

EVO goes on my recommendations list for sure.

- E.V.O. Search for Eden - a history lesson with Darkwing Duck featuring kung-fu Dino-People and a caveman SpikeVegeta

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Where any of the runs between Castlevania and now good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Guacamelee, Strider, E.V.O. were very good, but really, a real solid morning/afternoon, even ones I didn't mention were perfectly watchable

• Locked thread