Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

lol CNN is the shittiest news network jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
how did they doxx anyone? You assholes don't actually know what doxx means do you?

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
I think Trump should hire this guy personally to send out scathing tweets on a daily basis

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

how did they doxx anyone? You assholes don't actually know what doxx means do you?

I didn't realize they only threatened to doxx him if he ever expresses wrongthink again, sorry

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
They really are. The other cable news orgs are pretty bad but drat... "Apologize for making a gif or we slander your name" is pretty beyond the pale

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Pawn 17 posted:

Look at what happened to Ken Bone. Dude made some pretty innocuous comments on Reddit and the media treated him like the reincarnation of Hitler. The media dragging a private citizen's name through the mud will mean they will almost certainly be fired and unhireable, could gently caress up the lives of their family/kids and make them an outcast in their community.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

new phone who dis posted:

Haha yeah, doxxing and blackmail is cool!

Talk poo poo, get hit? :shrug:

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Doxxing is illegal, CNN. I'm calling my lawyer.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
#cnnblackmail is blowing up nicely on Twitter

well played, CNN

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
I really hope this becomes a thing.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I wonder if there are any civil rights groups that would take up a meme frogger's case against a CNN slander campaign

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Blue Train posted:

I didn't realize they only threatened to doxx him if he ever expresses wrongthink again, sorry

the literal president of the united states tweeted his .gif. (I cannot believe that happened, and now I am in an argument about it)

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

old fat bird posted:

the blowback from this is gonna be way more hilarious, sorry

Yep.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

yeah but SA doxxed the goatse guy

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Pawn 17 posted:

Look at what happened to Ken Bone. Dude made some pretty innocuous comments on Reddit and the media treated him like the reincarnation of Hitler. The media dragging a private citizen's name through the mud will mean they will almost certainly be fired and unhireable, could gently caress up the lives of their family/kids and make them an outcast in their community.

hah he called some pregnant women "beautiful human submarines." Pretty funny stuff.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

the literal president of the united states tweeted his .gif. (I cannot believe that happened, and now I am in an argument about it)

its an interesting time to be alive.

Head North
May 19, 2017

by zen death robot

Pawn 17 posted:

:lol: CNN doxxed him for making a meme

yeah it owns :D

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Blue Train posted:

America is poo poo

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

Fallen Rib
Thanks to all this coverage I looked up the dudes memes and the one about how CNN is controlled by an almost 100% jewish allstar team of editors is loving weird

like, if the biggest media outlet in town was run by 100% dutch people i'd be loving weirded out too

thanks han rear end in a top hat solo for bringing this to my attention

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Cthulu Carl posted:

Talk poo poo, get hit? :shrug:

Either reveal his name or don't and I support it, don't openly blackmail him in the article. It's extremely petty and borderline illegal. All it's going to do is make Trump stronger and CNN look worse. Big shock that the dude behind it used to work for Gawker.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Orkin Mang posted:

its an interesting time to be alive.

I am honestly not sure that I'm not in a coma having a bad dream

Head North
May 19, 2017

by zen death robot

Either reveal his name or don't and I support it, don't openly blackmail him in the article. It's extremely petty and borderline illegal. All it's going to do is make Trump stronger and CNN look worse. Big shock that the dude behind it used to work for Gawker.

:cry:

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

This is going well!

Journalist Who Exposed The Racist Creator Of Trump’s CNN Tweet Gets Death Threats

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_595a6656e4b0da2c7324d3d6?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

lol the liberal media has been running around making GBS threads its pants for the past year and will continue to do so until someone puts a bullet in its skull and throws it down a storm drain

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

It's going to be way worse for CNN and their supporters.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
CNN: we like doxxing

the internet: hold my beer

https://twitter.com/JulianAssange/status/882427557718700035

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
Everybody gets death threats these days. It's so passe.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
The President of the United States Tweeted a .gif that someone made of himself pro wrestling CNN. This is the goddam world we live in now.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

We better careful now when we create funny photoshops or gifs. Trump might find it and tweet it.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

likes to dox photoshoppers. empty rap sheet. grotesque

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
Didn't one of the silent majority av dudes make a gif of trump clothes lining hillary a few months back from similar wwe footage or did I just imagine that?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

LOL, how is it in anyway blackmail?

"Hey apologize or we'll tell people you did something completely legal." - a nefarious threat, apparently.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

Fallen Rib
Don't post a pic or comment (even in jest) that CNN doesn't like otherwise they'll publicly out you for you sins

hey CNN here is a top tip, people say poo poo on the internet they would never say in real life

you are proposing that these people be driven underground and form offline communities in order to hide their satirical comments in case you get wind of them

get hosed you cunts, if you're going to identify people why won't you I.D those who make supportive comments of ISIS on social media?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Grant DaNasty posted:

We better careful now when we create funny photoshops or gifs. Trump might find it and tweet it.

you joke, but that is reality.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

lol shut the gently caress up wikileaks doxxed random women in turkey

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Cthulu Carl posted:

LOL, how is it in anyway blackmail?

"Hey apologize or we'll tell people you did something completely legal." - a nefarious threat, apparently.

This is the world where people call the swat team when someone they don't like is playing video games & their dog gets killed on camera

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
is CNN loving serious? why is everyone loving retarded in this new age bizarro world we now live in

Head North
May 19, 2017

by zen death robot

It's going to be way worse for CNN and their supporters.

I know, it owns.

Doxx everyone.

Burn this country to the ground.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
Accountability on the internet. What a concept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Read on other sites it's a veteran in his 40s, so the "they're protecting a kid" angle kinda goes out the window. They should have just named the dude.

• Locked thread