Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Magnitogorsk. posted:

John Romero did a lot of the non-engine programming, made the level editor, and designed most of the levels. He is responsible for the overall design of Doom being what it is, instead of the gay crap Tom Hall wanted it to be. He was also by far the least autistic person on the team and thus was able to communicate with other humans, make deals with them, and turn the games into an actual business that made everyone rich.

If you have any other questions about legendary game designer John Romero don't hesitate to ask

What did Tom Hall want?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh gently caress really

are we still his bitch

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
You can't look up and down in the original DOOM, much like how John Romero can't look up how to get a haircut :newlol:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
X-COM was so good, I don't know if I can make it through the day lord jesus help me :smith:

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah john romero was responsible for coherent art design as seen in quake 1. if u have anymore questions pls forward them to my rear end

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Oh good, I needed a Daikatana 2.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Derek Smart
Derek Smart
Derek Smart

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

CharlesM posted:

What did Tom Hall want?

A story-driven cinematic shooter

Look up the "doom bible"

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]

numberoneposter posted:

Derek Smart
Derek Smart
Derek Smart

i don't get why saying star citizen is bad made him more popular. like duh everyone already knew that

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Hell Yeah posted:

did patton oswald kill john romero in order to usurp his throne as King of All Nerds? I'm just asking questions but i think the evidence speaks for itself.

you will have to find out in my lets play of minecraft story mode starring murderer patton oswalt

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
isstant

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anyone getting any lag?

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Putty posted:

John how did you cheat death?

iddqd

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wish warren spector would suck john carmacks dick and there'd be all this cyberpunk jizz everywhere

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Good joke post, op.

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

Romero couldn't leave this mortal plane without his buddy, Superfly.

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
idk the guy that designed thief is better than this guy at every level, if anyone wants to make an oldschool game designers deathmatch game ill play 1 round. i call cliffy b

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

marijuanamancer posted:

guy that designed thief

none other than the great John Romero. May he rest in peace for all time designing games for angels in heaven

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Putty posted:

lets play of minecraft story mode

oh sht

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
omg ur so fuckin wrong

u ready to fite

whats ur favorite weapon, im torn between the rocket launcher and your mom's house

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I'm gonna play through Starcraft as tribute, that was one of his best games :smith:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Why do this to a lady :cry:

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

meat police posted:

Romero couldn't leave this mortal plane without his buddy, Superfly.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Someone post the pic comparing romero's harcuts to jc denton's model and also the protagonost for deus ex 2 a couple years later.

Just do it ok

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

john romero made that himself, btw

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Pallid Mask posted:

Romero, romero,
Wherefor art thow my sweet romero

-john carmack at facebook hq playing around with his stereoscopic goggle screens

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

]

Pallid Mask posted:

Romero, romero,
Wherefor art thow my sweet romero

-john carmack at facebook hq playing around with his stereoscopic goggle screens

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
john romero aka "the original zombieman"

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

custom twin turbochargers as I recall.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

weak wrists big dick posted:

i don't get why saying star citizen is bad made him more popular. like duh everyone already knew that
Wrong

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Satan's gonna make him his bitch now.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I can't die without my buddy Superfly.

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
Oh man I loved Epic Mickey :( super sad. Didn't he also create the super majority?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Okay, I've never told anyone my entire hair routine before, but if you follow my advice, you too can have glorious hair -- just like me! (j/k)

Here are the steps, in order:

(1) Shampoo hair (I use Finesse, sometimes Pantene) and make sure it lathers up good before rinsing.

(2) Rinse shampoo out of hair.

(3) Condition hair (use conditioner that's the same brand as the shampoo) and make sure you apply the conditioner at the ends first so they get the most amount of conditioner because with long hair, usually the ends are the most neglected.

(4) Wait 3 minutes. I usually brush my teeth during this period. :)

(5) Completely rinse out all conditioner

(6) When you get out of the shower, towel-dry your hair as much as possible

(7) The next step is optional, but I sometime put a hair straightener in because my hair is naturally wavy. I use Get It Straight (Sebastian). Just a small amount that you apply to your waviest sections (I usually apply it near the ends).

(8) These last three steps are the most important ones in the whole routine and are what make all the difference: Blow-dry your hair until it's completely dry. Don't half-dry your hair, you gotta go all the way. I always flip my hair over in front of my face and look at the floor while using a brush and hair dryer to slowly dry all my hair. Brushing downward while drying will help straighten your hair and completely drying it will make sure it doesn't kink up or curl up.

(9) When you're done drying, put your hair back in a ponytail holder for at least 5 minutes. This allows all the hot air trapped in your hair to get out so your hair isn't too puffy.

(10) After 5 minutes or more you will still have a bunch of frizzy hair strands sticking up thanks to the magnetic field that was emanating from the hair dryer. At this final step, I take my hair out of the ponytail holder, apply one drop of Laminates Drops (Sebastian) to one palm, rub the Laminates in a circular motion between my hands so they are both covered in it, then start applying it to the back of my head with both hands first because a lot of it will come off at first application and you don't want a bunch on the top of your head because it will look wet or greasy. Rub it into your ends, then finally get back to the top of your head and rub it in and make sure you get the frizzy strands so they will lie down. Keep rubbing it into your hair until your hands have no
more Laminates on them. Wash your hands, brush your hair and you're done!

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8SC7z8W134

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
there's a similar pic with the lead designer of the new deus ex games and jensen is like a handsome version of him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
rip...

quote:

John Romero Dies in Car Accident on Route 116 in Jackson Township, PA

John Romero,died in a car accident. He made the notorious video game, Daikatana. It means large katana, which is a kind of sword

quote:

York County officials say that John Romero was killed in a car accident on Route 116 in Jackson Township, PA

To be fair there are far worse places to die.

quote:

Police say that a minivan lost control and overturned. John Romero was pronounced dead at the scene.
I'm not really sure why John Romero was driving a minivan but maybe it's like a like Keanu Reeves thing and he chose to lead an austere private life. Clearly we can conclude that minivans are not fit to be driven by anyone.

Drugs and alcohol are not suspected in having been a contributing factor in this case.

I never really played your games, John... but you will be missed :(

source.

• Locked thread