Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
cancer is sexy you pussy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Wizgot posted:

I have 2 25oz cans of bud and a pack of Winstons. As soon as I start drinking those 5 days are going down the shitter. Give me a reason not to smoke.

Your sinuses get hosed up and then you spend every morning hacking up dark brown phlegm that gets increasingly more unwelcome. Plus you'll end up doing gross things like snoring a lot or having weird coughs or always clearing your throat.

Quit cigarettes, smoke unhealthy amounts of weed instead

stop drinking too, sorry but it's also honestly gross

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Smoke weed every day.

Doctors can prescribe that in many US states.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Chinatown posted:

i got something you can smoke on OP!
is it gouda????

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
Just don't think about giving an oak barrel full of your cancerous aunt's breath a rimjob and you won't crave the taste of it, honestly

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
Maybe if I got more rim jobs I might not smoke so much, bet ya didn't think of that you arrogant bastard didja?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Please do not smoke cigarettes. Not for me; do it for you.

Jihad Me At Hello
Apr 23, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
You're never gonna quit if you don't stop your triggers long enough to adapt to not smoking. One is obviously drinking. If you feel it's too much to not drink then there are two issues. One is you have a drinking problem, the other is that you're a huge vagina. Stop drinking.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Pow wow time op. :colbert:

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Lock yourself away for one night and drink without smoking. If you can do that you're on track to separating the two, making it easier to stop all together.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I don't know what modern equivalent is but smoking a cigarette is like smoking Jesse Helms's dick.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

numberoneposter posted:

is it gouda????

it aint easy bein cheezy :grin:

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

"Don't be nice. Be good."
I have a plan. I'm going to get blackout drunk and hide the cigarettes somewhere. Tomorrow I won't know where they are. It's fail proof.

Seriously though, I really don't think I'm going to smoke that pack. The last month I have cut back a lot. I used to finish a pack in about three to four days. I switch to rollies and started having a cig an hour before bedtime. Now I just get a craving about once a day.

Would it be cheating if I only smoke when I drink?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

give the cigs to the next passing guy in a tattered jean jacket.

hes probably been asked so many times if someone could bum a smoke he will appreciate karma finally getting him back.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Wizgot posted:

nah its fine but good luck not smoking the pack you buy when your drunk

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I haven't smoked in 32 years. Why do people smoke?

All the cool kids do it

dk2m
May 6, 2009
i had a friend go "drat dude, that's really gross" when i lit a cig and at first i laughed it off cause i thought he was a square

but he's loving right, it is, and if you're around people that just normalize it and make it a part of their identity, you'll never stop

just throw it out op, get gum for a while and once it's gross again you'll want to stop forever

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

Wizgot posted:

I have a plan. I'm going to get blackout drunk and hide the cigarettes somewhere. Tomorrow I won't know where they are. It's fail proof.

Seriously though, I really don't think I'm going to smoke that pack. The last month I have cut back a lot. I used to finish a pack in about three to four days. I switch to rollies and started having a cig an hour before bedtime. Now I just get a craving about once a day.

drat, I wish I could get blackout off 50oz of Bud

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

Squashing Machine posted:

drat, I wish I could get blackout off 50oz of Bud

No you don't

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I haven't smoked in 32 years. Why do people smoke?

Because life sucks and is obnoxiously long

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

VikingSkull posted:

you're gonna die anyway OP so you might as well go out swinging

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Smoke a dust bowl, OP

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

Drank the beers and didn't smoke. Thanks guys.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

I never smoked, because I have some god damned self control...

... I'm fat.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Wizgot posted:

Ideally, you just want to stop smoking all together. However, the primary goal is to stop habitually smoking, and that requires not smoking at all for a minimum of, like, two weeks.

Just don't drink for that period total. But you are going to hit a situation after where you have a few drinks -- or a really stressful day -- and you're going to want to smoke again. A relapse is not the end of the world; it's inevitable something unexpected will make you want for an old habit. Just don't allow yourself to purchase and keep cigarette packs. If you can't bum a cigarette, maybe don't get any at all; it's a great deterrent if you make it more inconvenient for yourself to smoke. And if you do buy a pack, don't smoke the whole pack. Throw it away in the morning.

The best part is, after several non-smoking weeks, you're going to be feeling much better, particularly when you wake up, that the first time you smoke a bunch and then sleep on it, you're going to wake up feeling like dogshit and that will hopefully convince you to dislike cigarettes more.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Just drink to the point that you're so hungover every day so you don't give a poo poo about cigarettes

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Wizgot posted:

Drank the beers and didn't smoke. Thanks guys.

Nice job!

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
I've started vaping.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Smoke weed op

some guy i guess
Jan 31, 2011
I've never seen the appeal of regular smoking but when I'm out partying I'll happily suck a dick for 2 drags off a rollie. What else are you supposed to do when you go to the smoking area for fresh air and to chat with cure girls?

Jihad Me At Hello
Apr 23, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I love cure girls. Papi is sick.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

unpleasantly turgid posted:

I've started vaping.
i like to play a game where if a vape lord is vaping up a storm i like to guess what horrible flavor hes vaping

pina colada seems like a popular flavor lol

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

numberoneposter posted:

pina colada seems like a popular flavor lol

Eh, a friend gave me some juice as a gift and it's really sweet. Not too big a fan. I honestly just want the most neutral flavor possible because I vape for the headrush and because the action of smoking itself is really nice and calming.

I've been thinking about starting a youtube channel where I face-track vapelords doing smoke-tricks poorly and adding really compressed heavy-metal music samples over the top. Based on what's popular in the 'tube scene, I think I will soon be making millions. Would anyone like to join me in my business venture?

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Wizgot posted:

I have 2 25oz cans of bud and a pack of Winstons. As soon as I start drinking those 5 days are going down the shitter. Give me a reason not to smoke.

I haven't smoked for three years now. The craving never truly passes.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

ditty bout my clitty posted:

I haven't smoked for three years now. The craving never truly passes.

It does get easier to ignore them though

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
i quit smoking 3 weeks ago op and let me tell you how awesome it is now that my still-smoking gf's kisses taste like an ash tray.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

communism bitch posted:

i quit smoking 3 weeks ago op and let me tell you how awesome it is now that my still-smoking gf's kisses taste like an ash tray.

I was laughing at joining smokers for fresh air.

I grew up around smokers but when I finally quit I started noticing it smells really bad.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
the one good reason to stop is not for your loving health, no one cares about your shriveling baby dick, its because then youll stop smelling like a loving garbage can full of hobo secretions. smokers SMELL. LIKE. poo poo. its agressive to the other humans around you. stop smoking. stop being a smelly rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Smokers don't mind the smell mostly.

• Locked thread