Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Percelus posted:

almost a dozen people have tried doing my job but none for as long and successfully as myself. in the end, i am the one true batman - i am the batman

So your Michael Keaton? :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

So your Michael Keaton? :smug:

i do possess one michael keaton

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Percelus posted:

i do possess one michael keaton

Use it wisely, friend. :stare:

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
My job's easy as gently caress except for the days that management figures out that a project is behind or someone hosed up and I'm suddenly finding more poo poo on my plate because I've gotten my own work done. and am free.

If I'm not covering someone else's rear end I generally only have like 2-4 hours of work to do max in an 8 hour day on average.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
My trade isn't particularly easy. It varies from job to job but Im always doing some sort of physical labor. For example, I spent most of this last week seven feet up on a ladder operating a sazaw. That wasn't easy and lots of people would not be able to do it.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

ChickenHeart posted:

This guy is a real cutie

Robot: "What is my purpose?"

Rick: "pass the bomb"

"what is my purpose?"

"you pass the bombs"

*robot looks down at only claw*

"oh my god"

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ChickenHeart posted:

This guy is a real cutie

Bring me a coke.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Im literally a professional shitposter irl.

Word to all goons, if you're good at something, dont do it for free

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot
some dude told me waiting tables was hard and I had to resist the urge to slap the poo poo of him for being so weak.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

some dude told me waiting tables was hard and I had to resist the urge to slap the poo poo of him for being so weak.

I've never waited tables but I can totally see that as a stressful and difficult job during the lunch and dinner rushes.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Ride The Gravitron posted:

I've never waited tables but I can totally see that as a stressful and difficult job during the lunch and dinner rushes.

waiting tables was harder for me than repairing computers or spraying pesticides.

You gotta have balance, strength, alertness, social skills, being able to rush around on your feet all day, and be able to work in a fast and stressful environment.

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!

Percelus posted:

almost a dozen people have tried doing my job but none for as long and successfully as myself. in the end, i am the one true batman - i am the batman

milkrun
Mar 7, 2007

I work in a lab which isn't hard if you can follow procedures but there's thousands of little things to gently caress-up on a daily basis and any mistake you make has to be written up in exhaustive detail and submitted to the boss

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
waiting tables is one job I know i could never do, a good waiter is a hero

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
its really easy except for the few times that its not and a computer is super hosed or something but other than that i usually solve 95% of problems by googling for how to fix the problem and then go back to sitting here posting

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler

milkrun posted:

I work in a lab which isn't hard if you can follow procedures but there's thousands of little things to gently caress-up on a daily basis and any mistake you make has to be written up in exhaustive detail and submitted to the boss

the lab life is a good life

Not just anyone can plate turds this well :smugmrgw:

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

What a wimpansy, amirite?

Lucian
Apr 4, 2009
I make $40k/year opening boxes and operating a forklift. Any ape can do my job, but this ape just got real lucky landing it.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
My job is super easy for me. I spend most of my time making sure the tech assets (iPads, routers/switches, desktop PCs, pin pads, printers, etc) for my company's stores are accurate.

It's really easy for people who suck to mess up though!

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
On a scale from 'a monkey could do my job' up to 'a monkey is doing my job': 1.

murex
Apr 30, 2009

by Lowtax

hey welcome to the show! posted:

On a good day I'm payed to just sit around and be a house wife for a living (cooking, cleaning, emotional support, van driving for a group home)

On a bad day I'm payed to get spit on, hold down aggressive Autistic people, clean up bodily fluids/solids, get yelled at by pissed off parents and try my best to convince the higher functioning client of the house not to freak out and pull fire alarms / call 911 for no reason.

whose mod alt account are you?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Supreme Allah posted:

For me, pretty easy

For any normal idiot off the street, the type of people I run into every day and cant figure out how they manage to live, very very hard

this I guess, it's something I have done for a long time and do very well at, but I regularly run into people in my company who technically have the same job who struggle and do terribly at it. I don't think it's anything that special.

day to day, I have days like today where I'm doing basically nothing but warming a chair, and some days I have "oh gently caress" days where I'm going for 10 hours straight. It balances out I think and overall is pretty good

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Apparently it's easy but a really big deal when I don't do it?

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
My new job owns and I have a lot of downtime. The only thing that sucks is getting up at three am but people need bread

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I work in the Big Dogs Department of Relaxation

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Spinster posted:

What a wimpansy, amirite?

well yea. Carrying things across a room and possibly remembering a couple things at time, all while being polite to people. Sounds like slavery.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Blockade posted:

Im literally a professional shitposter irl.

Word to all goons, if you're good at something, dont do it for free

so that explains this sites quality of moderation heh heh heh

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I spend about 90% of my day sitting around doing nothing. I recently got offered a job that pays more than double what I'm making now but I'm thinking about turning it down because they'd expect me to work.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
i'm cutting the cord man, i'm getting off the grid. Permanently.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Security guard

lock the doors at night, unlock them in the morning. spend the intervening ten hours watching TV and posting on the forums

if they ever invent robots that can lock doors and watch television, I'm out of a job

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

I work in arctic conditions operating 5,000+ pound vehicles that expect to be driven with more precision than anything approaching a car. An inch is too much variance frequently. It takes a lot of mental focus and knowing the procedures and most people could do it I guess but pulling it off safely without knocking over thousands and thousands and thousands of pounds of free-stacked product while enduring -25f is pretty binary. But if you can get past probie and into the union you can be a gently caress up for a while. Who loving knows.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Ein cooler Typ posted:

if they ever invent robots that can lock doors and watch television, I'm out of a job

Lmao

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

I make internets and phones happen, sometimes it's pretty hard. I fell through a ceiling and broke my femur once, that was bad times. The pay and benefits are pretty good for someone with no degree, however.

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice

ColoradoCleric posted:

Could it be done by another person? Are you just paid to sit around all day?

My job is literally this. I've been here for six hours now and I have only left this couch to smoke/piss/get more coffee.
In three hours I'll be checking in on an apartment, then it's back to watching TV for another two hours.

Chippzz
Mar 22, 2008
I took a 16 hour flight to tell asians that they are not doing their jobs right. These asians know way more about the issue at hand, what they need to do and have no need of me yelling poo poo at them in English. Since I don't really need to be here it's easy and frustrating as gently caress.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Due to the social nature of my job it'll be awhile before a robot is capable of replacing me completely, but there's a lot of other less tech-sexy ways that my job is slowly being taken over by automation. Otherwise I have done it long enough that I can practically do it in my sleep.

drans
Sep 1, 2016
Ramrod XTreme
I used to work as a psych nurse which was loving terrible but now I work as an alcohol and other drug worker at a residential adolescent rehab centre and its way worse. I spend most days getting verbally dunked on by 15 year old junkies and making sure they don't gently caress each other. The other day one of them smuggled a bunch of bunephorine and shared it out amongst the other kids. 3 hours later half of them were vomiting everywhere and the other half started fighting each other and broke all the windows in the house. hosed up

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i want that really sweet job where you just tweet and play golf

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I essentially just fill in pre-built spreadsheets with information sent to us by clients. Probably the only time it gets hard is when there are lots at once, as we have a 24 hour turnaround deadline and as it relates to payroll there's basically no room for mistakes. I'm no genius and I find it pretty easy, but I think you need to be a certain kind of person to do it well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReapersTouch
Nov 25, 2004

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
My job is easy on most days, but there are times where I get doused in jet fuel :toot:

• Locked thread