Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Cephalectomy posted:

what kind of posting battle would it be? The Magamen and Hillarymen have been slinging the same insults at each other since last year it cant be a comic insult rap battle theyd all lose

The Hillarymen have NO honor and even brag about using ignore, a cardinal goon sin! You expect an agreement with the likes of them?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Hell Yeah posted:

people should avoid posting about politics in gbs because it's not funny. please ban both groups on sight

Nah, the thought of people seriousposting about politics in GBS is loving hilarious.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

how does he keep up with the news like that?

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

T.S. Smelliot posted:

The Hillarymen have NO honor and even brag about using ignore, a cardinal goon sin! You expect an agreement with the likes of them?!

I never ignored you :3:

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Tim Curry's It kinda looks like Hillary Clinton, and also the new It looks a bit like Bernie Sanders when It's smiling.

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l
I didn't even bother voting in 2016. who cares. if Climate Change is even remotely halfway true, it sounds like we're on borrowed time as it is, and that's when the real wolves will come out

cheers

:cheers:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Another successful goon project. Close thread.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Finally, peace in our time.

Let's discuss our favorite alcohol. I'm not really a beer guy, but I like a good red wine. I especially like port because I have a bad sweet tooth. Chambord is amazing and I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't had it.

I'm a beer guy, specifically stouts, but every once in a while my gayness kicks in and I could really go for a vodka cranberry rn

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Cubone posted:

I'm a beer guy, specifically stouts, but every once in a while my gayness kicks in and I could really go for a vodka cranberry rn

IDK how some drinks became inherently "gay."

Oh it's colorful and sweet and tastes really good? "GAY!"

I'm sure there's plenty of gay men who like "manly" drinks such as beer. What if a majority of them like beer? Does that make beer gay?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I'm sure there's plenty of gay men who like "manly" drinks such as beer. What if a majority of them like beer? Does that make beer gay?
gay just means anything that straight boys are afraid will compromise their machismo

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
check this out op: coxx (cocks) battle

GBS ROCKS!!!!!!!!!
Sep 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Idgi

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Check this idea out: put all politics threads in the politics forums.

GBS ROCKS!!!!!!!!!
Sep 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

satanic splash-back posted:

Check this idea out: put all politics threads in the politics forums.

No

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Nooner posted:

I don't like posting political stuff but I wish we would all just be friends and everyone would chill the gently caress out globally and we could all shitpost in harmony (:

This man is correct and he should be made GBS mod.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Nooner posted:

I don't like posting political stuff but I wish we would all just be friends and everyone would chill the gently caress out globally and we could all shitpost in harmony (:

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Let's discuss our favorite alcohol. I'm not really a beer guy, but I like a good red wine. I especially like port because I have a bad sweet tooth. Chambord is amazing and I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't had it.

Hell Yeah posted:

people should avoid posting about politics in gbs because it's not funny. please ban both groups on sight

Sand Dan posted:

I didn't even bother voting in 2016. who cares. if Climate Change is even remotely halfway true, it sounds like we're on borrowed time as it is, and that's when the real wolves will come out

cheers

:cheers:

Cubone posted:

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Cubone posted:

gay just means anything that straight boys are afraid will compromise their machismo

i ordered a strawberry daquiri at a buffalo wild wings and my boyfriend got real mad at me and wanted to go home :( i didnt know it was a macho place although the server and i confused each other when she brought me the channel list and i asked her if it had bravo or oxygen on it

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

i ordered a strawberry daquiri at a buffalo wild wings and my boyfriend got real mad at me and wanted to go home :( i didnt know it was a macho place although the server and i confused each other when she brought me the channel list and i asked her if it had bravo or oxygen on it

I got a cider at BWW a few months ago and I wanted to know if I could get a small shot of Fireball in it for taste. They said it would be an extra $6 to an already $7 drink. :psyduck:

Voltraine
Feb 8, 2017

by Smythe

Blast of Confetti posted:

you first, rereg
Why does everyone keep using rereg as an own? Isn't the whole history tangentially at play here that the Hillfolk cat lady mods drove out a horde of funny posters we'd love to see back? You can't blame a guy for not wanting to be attached to a persona and comedy styling he hasn't embodied in five or six years.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

i'll always be a scotch whisky man (still can't get into peaty stuff though) but failing that i like ultrapales. light on flavor, a little grassy... it's like drinking carbonated water except it fucks u up

if we're talking mixed drinks--you ever had shave ice? i guess mainlanders call it hawaiian snow because they're uncultured. there's only one way to do a proper blue hawaii, which is you make vanilla shave ice, splash of pineapple juice, plenty vodka, and then tiny bit vanilla ice cream on the bottom :v:

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Sep 14, 2017

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Harveygod posted:

I like Miller Lite. :boobeer:

You're a rare duck. We always had a six pack or two in the bar and it would last a week. (busy place)

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
Very little is going well right now, big picture. Toxx me

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hell Yeah posted:

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Spinster posted:

You're a rare duck. We always had a six pack or two in the bar and it would last a week. (busy place)

Who goes to a bar to get a Miller lite? I can get mgd or high life, but light beers exist for fat dads to slam on Sunday afternoon.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Does politics include social issues with themes of class race or gender? Those are hot button issues and there's nothing like coming home from the office where the one dude who's more indispensable to the company than you makes weird sotto voce comments and you go home and find some poster match verbatim with idiosyncratic things he says and you stop reading gbs for a hot minute and when you go back to work you try and be tactful about it but you're a little clumsier than your urbane colleagues and now you live in more fear than usual

Lawrence Gilchrist fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Sep 14, 2017

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Does politics include social issues with themes of class race or gender? Those are hot button issues and there's nothing like coming home from the office where the one dude who's more indispensable to the company than you makes weird sotto voce comments and you go home and find some poster match verbatim with idiosyncratic things he says and you stop reading gbs for a hot minute and when you go back to work you try and be tactful about it but you're a little clumsier than your urbane colleagues and now you live in more fear than usual

Welcome to the silent majority.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I'm sorry you're not good at your job and are also socially retarded.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Voltraine posted:

Why does everyone keep using rereg as an own? Isn't the whole history tangentially at play here that the Hillfolk cat lady mods drove out a horde of funny posters we'd love to see back? You can't blame a guy for not wanting to be attached to a persona and comedy styling he hasn't embodied in five or six years.

It is because, despite some funny people having been banned, a whole lot of weird, creepy idiots, insanely embarrassing meltdowns, and dozens of literal pedophiles and pedophile-apologists have been banned, too, and when you're an obvious re-reg, then you are either one of those mind-blowingly stupid people or literal sex criminals, or you are someone who is so embarrassed by whatever dumb poo poo is on your original account, that you don't mind being mistaken for one.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Dear diary,

Today I wrote something silly on an internet forum. Now the anonymous walls of text are laughing and making fun of me and calling me names. How can I ever show my avatar there again?

Nobody's life is as hard as mine, diary!

Sent from my iPhone

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007

Grandmother of Five posted:

It is because, despite some funny people having been banned, a whole lot of weird, creepy idiots, insanely embarrassing meltdowns, and dozens of literal pedophiles and pedophile-apologists have been banned, too, and when you're an obvious re-reg, then you are either one of those mind-blowingly stupid people or literal sex criminals, or you are someone who is so embarrassed by whatever dumb poo poo is on your original account, that you don't mind being mistaken for one.

I will always own up to being a terrible poster but there are a lot of people in the politics threads that make even a shitposter like me look not so lovely. Its like having an invisibility cloak from the predator movies and it produces unintentional comedy of its own.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Voltraine posted:

Isn't the whole history tangentially at play here that the Hillfolk cat lady mods drove out a horde of funny posters we'd love to see back?

Only unfunny dipshits believe this because the people who got banned are their unfunny friends.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
oh yeah big tough posters dunking on the trump supporters. real big men, bet that makes you feel strong and tough. there's a word for abusing someone too stupid to fight back. yeah, it's called cyberbullying and its wrong.
grow the gently caress up already losers.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Just trying to make america great again by cyberbullying retards on the internet. At least I'm doing something. Its called activism.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Feminasty Slut posted:

Just trying to make america great again by cyberbullying retards on the internet. At least I'm doing something. Its called activism.

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

Hell Yeah posted:

hell yeah correct as usual

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Hell Yeah posted:

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
actually satire and jokes are good and funny and easily differentiated from the racist grandpa whining of pissbitch posters by even the most spergy of moderators. in the few cases where they make a mistake by taking a post too literally the penalty's usually a probation, rather than the bans that used to get meted out for 'wrongthink' in the dark days of abe and woodchuck.

yet still we have a bunch of milquetoast little pussies claiming all the funny posters are banned and they'd make really funny posts, honest! if only the mean PC SJW brigade mods didn't have them so scared for their tenbux.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Jose Mengelez posted:

actually satire and jokes are good and funny and easily differentiated from the racist grandpa whining of pissbitch posters by even the most spergy of moderators.

nah. see: genesplicer

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Blue Train posted:

He probated me for posting that I felt uncomfortable when people say the "n" word :pwn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Blue Train posted:

pretty sure he's been ordered by lowtax himself to ensure SA isn't the number one google result for the search query "retarded friend of the family human being tranny rape" and it seems to be working pretty well.

take a wild guess which board has that dubious honor.

*waits a moment for you to paste it into the search bar*

big shocker right?

• Locked thread