Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

i read thr whole article op

it was fine

i wanted to know how much the buyout was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
yah I like visiting New York and it’s fine but anyone who lives there is mentally deficient

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

sincx posted:

Can you imagine the outrage if the NYT published a story where an unemployed 37 year old man brags about hooking up with a 23 year old woman after "a bottle of vodka and cans of Diet Coke"?

Anti-male sexism aside, I luked this story, but it would have been improved by an extra thousand words of loving, sucking, handjobbing and fingrering detail.

Zane
Nov 14, 2007

extra stout posted:

and just like all of you im sexually objectifying a person 14 years my junior who i just banged, even though i got this job for ranting about how no one should ever be objectified again.
this is secretly the whole game to privileged first world existence friend. women just have to be a little cleverer about it since their penis cant do the talking.

Zane fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Oct 21, 2017

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
i lived in manhattan now i live in brooklyn and i'm old man my life sure is loving lovely

you live in brooklyn and you have no money do you realize what people pay to live in a closet even in like far rockaway? take the deal and shut up. maybe someday ill have $100k in the bank so I can afford to visit NYC for two days and return broke and broken.

unironically check your privilege.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

let it mellow posted:

yah I like visiting New York and it’s fine but anyone who lives there is mentally deficient
They're either privileged or the lickspittle to the privileged, at least for the past two decades or so. gently caress New York.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTvc-bEP35I

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
nyc was probably cool as late as like 1994 or so when it was still dangerous and gross and perverse and you were gonna get knifed or mugged or hustled by a midget hooker or something. bring back Death Wish-era New York. It seems like it's loving Disney's New York City now.

ok this was 2000 but it loving owns and is possibly the latest vestige of when nyc was still a cool place
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMFuUIgWBFM

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Disney is unironically way less expensive by an order of magnitude.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

berth ell pup posted:

nyc was probably cool as late as like 1994 or so when it was still dangerous and gross and perverse and you were gonna get knifed or mugged or hustled by a midget hooker or something. bring back Death Wish-era New York. It seems like it's loving Disney's New York City now.

ok this was 2000 but it loving owns and is possibly the latest vestige of when nyc was still a cool place
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMFuUIgWBFM

It still has it's moments. I once saw people literally stepping over a dead body on the sidewalk to get to wherever they were going.

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
My favorite part of the story was all her married friends hating their husbands and wishing they had a young blonde gently caress toy as well.

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
...and that woman's name? It was Lena Dunham.

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Glad I still have a retarded guy stupid newbie av, best one in a while imo.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

BigBadSteve posted:

Anti-male sexism aside, I luked this story, but it would have been improved by an extra thousand words of loving, sucking, handjobbing and fingrering detail.

the tyrannical editors at the NYT obviously cut all the good parts

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

let it mellow posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j88t9Wki63E&t=475s

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

sincx posted:

Sanders would have won.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

null posted:

Glad I still have a retarded guy stupid newbie av, best one in a while imo.

he really is retarded

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
are we not all retarded here

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I felt like I've just read a novelisation of Girls.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Completely out of touch woman discovers that she can bang young guys because guys are loving whores, news at 11 - then gets too clingy and weird and gets dumped

literally thousands of dudes looking for milfs on tinder

Fartbox fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Oct 21, 2017

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
OP is just mad he never banged a cougar neighbor

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

As someone who went to college on East 23rd, gently caress this lady. I went about a decade ago but you could already see everything around there being expensive as gently caress while pushed-out homeless black people lived in the streets.

Maybe the city is nice for rich Manhattanites or starry-eyed Midwestern idiots whose only exposure to NYC was on TV, but anyone who grew up in the hood knows the truth and tries to get out of that literal rat's nest as quickly as possible.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Every single person in that wretched city should be frogmarched into to the east river

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004
well did she cum or what?

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

sincx posted:

Welcome to another spectacularly pointless article that is for some reason featured on the home page of the New York Times!

I thought about posting this in the /r/relationships thread, where it honestly fits, but this is stupid enough to deserve its own thread.

Who decides to print this sort of crap.

Anyways Sanders would have won.

edit: link to article https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/20/style/modern-love-single-unemployed-and-suddenly-myself.html

I agree. Sanders would have won. The rest........blah.

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

quote:

Correction: October 20, 2017
Because of an editing error, an earlier version of this article misstated the location of the writer’s studio apartment. It was on East 23rd Street, not West 23rd.
phew good thing they corrected that

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
"u want some gently caress"

-The NYT

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
single suddenly
unemployed myself

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
That was a nothing story. Nothing of interest happened. It didn't build up to anything.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

This article is nice because it has a lil something for everyone from every part of the spectrum to hate. It brings GBS closer together

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Jim Barris posted:

That was a nothing story. Nothing of interest happened. It didn't build up to anything.

"Dear gbs, I had sex."

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

mind the walrus posted:

Disney is unironically way less expensive by an order of magnitude.

I thought this was bull then did the math. Its not magnitudes, but Disneyland is cheaper than NYC. :wtc:

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
This is like a lovely Carrie Bradshaw fanfic

Unemployed for months. Still able to afford 3k in rent and to go out with my friends to discuss my sexual exploits

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Tolkien minority posted:

This article is nice because it has a lil something for everyone from every part of the spectrum to hate. It brings GBS closer together

The lady sucks
The article blows
People will use it as another bullet point in the culture wars
It lays bare the comical inequality of life in america in a way that's eminently lampoonable

It's the perfect recipe for a gbs multidozen page thread where the middle thirty pages are a slapfight between magamen and trotsky's numbers

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

For people that have never read NYT, every week somebody has to write an article outside of the lifestyle section that's basically a rich person jerkoff session.

Last month it was how insurance companies automatically send private security forces by helicopter, often mere hours ahead of an adverse weather event, to secure private art and weatherproof mansions and if you don't want them to come you better have your help call ahead to cancel

Lawrence Gilchrist fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Oct 21, 2017

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Who decides to post this sort of crap.

heres a hint

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

magamen and trotsky's numbers
lol

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

worst city on earth is a little much friendo

NYC is a big fat mess

• Locked thread