Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

sexpig by night posted:

he's still alive?
Was he ever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

SealHammer posted:

is he suing asterios for being a bad writer because he might actually win that suit lol

just what i was thinking.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

Unknowable Hole posted:

I like my dank fuckin nugs to be indicia.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Maddox kicks rear end. You obviously don’t know comedy bitch.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
He was ok back in the day. THen somebody leaked a photo of him and it got even funnier, but in a different way, because he looks like a circus freak

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
He reminds me of that Sam Hyde fellow in that both seem to put real effort into being physically repulsive, I assume as part of their act

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
It was a pretty good website I can't remember why I stopped reading it.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Youtube happened and his brain broke.

This is sad. :smith:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Crazypoops posted:

Youtube happened and his brain broke.

This is sad. :smith:

It's the video that really killed him. He had a face made for radio, as it were

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
Just wait until the badasses at RealUltimatePower hear about this! His life is forfeit.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
It's isn't his look it is the mealy-mouthed voice.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Dmitri-9 posted:

It's isn't his look it is the mealy-mouthed voice.

Oh right I forgot about that

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I remember reading maddox when I was like 15 and thinking he was loving awesome as hell but then I stopped reading as I got older because there was other better poo poo on the internet like SA.

then someone posts a youtube of his like 12 years after that and hes this weird little dude with dark sunken eyes and a high pitched voice and it all made loving sense why he was carrying on about being so manly and awesome and badass - because he absolutely was not any of those things at all.

Youtube exposed that his whole thing is literally an act and the internet left him behind and it owns.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Laserface posted:

I remember reading maddox when I was like 15 and thinking he was loving awesome as hell but then I stopped reading as I got older because there was other better poo poo on the internet like SA.

then someone posts a youtube of his like 12 years after that and hes this weird little dude with dark sunken eyes and a high pitched voice and it all made loving sense why he was carrying on about being so manly and awesome and badass - because he absolutely was not any of those things at all.

Youtube exposed that his whole thing is literally an act and the internet left him behind and it owns.

And he’s more popular than you’ll ever be in life.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Laserface posted:

lol

of course it was all an act, i remember going through the same phase around the same time before getting comfortable on SA

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I Said No posted:

The gently caress is this writing style supposed to be? Is this supposed to be funny, informative or even understandable?

f'real the popehat guy is really cool and informative but also a super catholic or something with repression issues and it ends up with weird angry bad phrasing

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?
I wonder what Seanbaby would make of all this

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Maddox was ruined for me because I read Seanbaby for years before I knew he existed, and Seanbaby was actually funny so the other main edgy late 90s/early 2000s comedy personalty didn't click

Maddox was never funny or good or worthy. Even Something Awful kind of took his style of poo poo and made it funnier

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

can someone explain why he's suing people?

that article is unreadable by normal humans

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Caesar Saladin posted:

can someone explain why he's suing people?

that article is unreadable by normal humans

ArbitraryC posted:

I got bored reading halfway down the lawsuit but it looks like maddox is generally claiming that a dude who cohosted with him used their brand to lambaste him and sold iconography representing him, his girlfriend, and his website in a negative way for money. Like if 4chan tried to monetize entirely off being "not something awful" and frequently used the logos with an x mark through them to gain recognition.

I don't know the whole backstory and how much merit his claim has, but there's the brief tldr.

It looks like the short summary is he is claiming someone he worked with made a career out of using his name and website in a negative manner. He is trying to claim they exploited his brand to an extent where it hurt him and benefited them enough to sue for monetary damages.

I dunno it sounds dumb to me but it's nothing complicated and should probably have been included in the rss OP.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ArbitraryC posted:

It looks like the short summary is he is claiming someone he worked with made a career out of using his name and website in a negative manner. He is trying to claim they exploited his brand to an extent where it hurt him and benefited them enough to sue for monetary damages.

I dunno it sounds dumb to me but it's nothing complicated and should probably have been included in the rss OP.

It just sounds kind of boring honestly

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Piggy Smalls posted:

I dont really want to be popular so thats ok with me?

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
lol i'm on page 26 :megaman:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

everybody involved in this lawsuit sounds like an irredeemable rear end in a top hat, although we knew that about maddox already

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

get that OUT of my face posted:

everybody involved in this lawsuit sounds like an irredeemable rear end in a top hat, although we knew that about maddox already

including the guy writing about it

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Time Dissolver posted:

I wonder what Seanbaby would make of all this

He'll be the neutral party during the arbitration process.

I wonder if he still has a mohawk.

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

nvj is touched by your generosity!
15 causes of action? You've got to be loving kidding me.

I would not be surprised if the whole thing does not get dismissed under New York's anti-SLAPP law See: https://www.rcfp.org/slapp-stick-fighting-frivolous-lawsuits-against-journalists/new-york

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Piggy Smalls posted:

makes u think

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Boof Bonser posted:

15 causes of action? You've got to be loving kidding me.

I would not be surprised if the whole thing does not get dismissed under New York's anti-SLAPP law See: https://www.rcfp.org/slapp-stick-fighting-frivolous-lawsuits-against-journalists/new-york

How can he SLAPP??

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

there's no way in hell that the vast majority of those charges will be upheld. i can see a few of them going maddox's way but that's it

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Idk, Maddox may have an actual case depending on how brazen those idiots were in stealing his brand. The article in the op doesn't talk about specifics much though because I don't think he actually cares about the case except to show how above it he is.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

Piggy Smalls posted:

OK chief

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Duckbox posted:

Idk, Maddox may have an actual case depending on how brazen those idiots were in stealing his brand. The article in the op doesn't talk about specifics much though because I don't think he actually cares about the case except to show how above it he is.
he may have a case but they're not gonna rule in favor of maddox and all 15 accusations he's made

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Wasn’t Dick Masterson the guy whose entire schtick was “all women are slutty subhumans here for man’s amusement,” back when that could conceivably be a comedy gimmick persona and not just any given poster on the world’s most popular message board?

IIRC, he somehow conned his way into the Tyra Banks show and Tyra about had an aneurysm on national television from taking the obvious af bait so hard.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Breakfast Feud posted:

The lawsuit is great. There's a part where he mentions someone used his face but made to look like the devil to advertise a show they were putting on.

That was an episode of Seinfeld with Kathy Griffin.

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009

bloodysabbath posted:

Wasn’t Dick Masterson the guy whose entire schtick was “all women are slutty subhumans here for man’s amusement,” back when that could conceivably be a comedy gimmick persona and not just any given poster on the world’s most popular message board?

IIRC, he somehow conned his way into the Tyra Banks show and Tyra about had an aneurysm on national television from taking the obvious af bait so hard.

Yeah, although that was a paid act prearranged with the shows producers. I think afterwards he just got a little too into that persona.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I preferred Chase Masterson

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
lets see how many maddox articles i can remember

rate kids drawings
helen hunt is a bitch
why change your cars oil if you girlfriend can do it
ben stiller owns
star wars: a steaming pile of sith
top gun has like a million shower scenes. mind if i pilot? only if you crash and burn, INTO MY rear end

god drat it, i spent way too much time reading maddox in high school

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
It was funny for its time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
I liked some of the poo poo that maddux did, but it got old after a while. Also I was in a nerd frat in college. And one of the guys bought the manliness book and then basically read it out loud on the front porch. poo poo was awful on many levels.

• Locked thread