Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Mods please edit the title to add "[START AT PAGE 2]"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

new phone who dis posted:

Every April a day laborer with a crowbar has to pry GRRMs frozen face off the back side of a glory hole where he's spent the entire winter sucking every dirty dick in Barstow so he can awaken and continue to write the great novels of our age.

Hmmm sounds very improbable, but I trust you!

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l

mind the walrus posted:

George R R Martin is an absolute fucker

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Mameluke posted:

Mods please edit the title to add DON'T READ

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
The boobs heaved as I lay amongst the straw, milk dripping from my lips, something, my trouser snake?, stirring amongst refuge

Top Gun
Oct 24, 2017
Jedi Academy Trilogy is the true canon

and I'm being totally serious right now

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

This guy wrote some of the worst Star Wars books ever. The trilogy with Exar Kun and the Sun Crusher, not to mention Darksaber. This is going to be a train wreck, Anderson is a hack.

Top Gun
Oct 24, 2017

Crash_N_Burn posted:

This guy wrote some of the worst Star Wars books ever. The trilogy with Exar Kun and the Sun Crusher, not to mention Darksaber. This is going to be a train wreck, Anderson is a hack.

worst? They were so good that JJ Abrams shamelessly ripped them off when trying to cobble together a story for The Force Awakens

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
they shyould haev hired drew karpyshyn!!!!!!!!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
or that guy who wrong the epic THRAWN TRILOGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

When game of thrones went on telly I watched a couple and thought oh thats quite fun i'll just read the books instead because i do like lovely/easy reading, then i got to the last one and found out that there werent any more!

Really annoyed me.

So im hosed im if reading prequels by Kevin J Anderson his novels are painfully bad.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Prequels are idiot gently caress cashgrabs that are just about always inferior, and manage to diminish the quality of the better material they spun off from.

Not that it matters. GoT has shifted gears into fan service mode, and this last season is going to bear comparisons to Hindenberg when it's over. But just like an unrepentant Trump supporter, the sunk-cost fallacy will force me to see it through.
Not any prequels though. gently caress that.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

I got tricked by Audible into getting his "noir stories but within a monster filled version of New York" books because of how good the person reading them was. Same thing for the first Iron Druid audiobook before I learned about the "the main character uses LOLCats to save the day in a later book" thing.

Audiobooks can lie to you my friends is what I'm saying.

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich
The J is for jerkoff.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
I like that blonde lady with the nice bum.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Casimir Radon posted:

No, that was over in 2003. They moved on to this thing:

Star wars is so stupid I genuinely can't tell if this is a joke

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

killmeimmafailure posted:

The boobs heaved as I lay amongst the straw, milk dripping from my lips, something, my trouser snake?, stirring amongst refuge

Holy poo poo, are you GGRM?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

I liked Kevin J Anderson's Star Wars books as a teenager which means that in actuality they are probably not good

• Locked thread