Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

ikanreed posted:

Louis ck counted as part of this controversy is one of the funniest things because the guy did something moderately embarrassing with explicit permission.
he probably shouldn't have been asking junior colleagues for permission to jerk off in front of them in the first place

if a senior employee at your job asked to lick your feet, your takeaway probably wouldn't be "well at least he asked first!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
He won't bounce back, because like all the "absolute best hilarious actors" people like he will vanish after about 5 years never to be seen again (except here where he will enter the "he was never funny" stage that everything on SA does.)

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
He'll make a joke about it within 2018. :toxx:

It's really quite funny in every aspect and it'd be too much of a shame to let that one go. You're right, I wouldn't say "at least he asked" to an older employee asking me if he could jerk off, but I would laugh and make jokes about it.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
im sure he'll be back, he's really funny and what he did was really not that bad

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

So for those saying it's nbd what do you think about what franken did who is the worse of the two

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
He'll be fine because he admitted it. In a year or 2 he'll have a big stand up comeback special, even though it should be a cum back special in his case.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

He'll make a joke about it within 2018. :toxx:

I think you are right.

Also I'd give it two years rather than one. I wonder if this increases the hype for his unreleased movie.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
He's hosed because no one is going to white knight for him. His primary audience is the exact demographic that cannot publicly tolerate or forgive his actions.

Now, if Larry the Cable Guy did this, he's back in 3 weeks.

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

His whole shtick was being a piece of poo poo. So it's not really that shocking.

Hell I think Netflix should've kept Spacey and have Underwood start raping congressional pages like baron Harkonen. Next level method acting.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

So for those saying it's nbd what do you think about what franken did who is the worse of the two

Franken was way worse of a hypocrite, that's the difference imo.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Abugadu posted:

He's hosed because no one is going to white knight for him. His primary audience is the exact demographic that cannot publicly tolerate or forgive his actions.

Now, if Larry the Cable Guy did this, he's back in 3 weeks.

Lol his ardent fans are pieces of poo poo

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Spinster posted:

It's not about hypocrisy it's about the people who were victimized hth

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

It's not about hypocrisy it's about the people who were victimized hth

Not for me. The victims were women. I don't care what women, what they did for a living, whatever.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Spinster posted:

Franken's done by the way.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2017/12/06/senator-al-franken-to-resign

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

You shouldn't care because none of that is relevant to the fact that he victimized them

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Sigh.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

You shouldn't care because none of that is relevant to the fact that he victimized them

I hear you, he was in a position to make a difference, to make things better in government (imo) and blew it. That's why I am super bummed and pissed at him.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

So what is the difference between him and some flasher on the street

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Spinster posted:

I hear you, he was in a position to make a difference, to make things better in government (imo) and blew it. That's why I am super bummed and pissed at him.

I'm actually talking about louis ck

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
And i was talking about Franken.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

He'll probably get behind the scenes type work where they don't even put his name on anything but still pay him a lot and let him jack off in front of people contractually.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
throngs of fangirls screaming "jerk off near me" at their hero, cumming in 2018

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Blue Train posted:

So what is the difference between him and some flasher on the street

The flasher doesn't stroll into your workplace then pull his dick til he spurts.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Louis ck can bounce on his boys bone anytime

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH
I hope he bounces back. He did nothing that he hasn't already intimated in his shows. He's a weird dude but everyone has their hangups. He's a weirdo but he didn't hurt anyone and feels remorse for his actions.

I still want to see "I love you daddy". Maybe it's poo poo, but it looked interesting.

Apropos of ridiculous fetishes, I know a guy who liked to insert pretzel sticks into his urethra in front of others (he was always fully erect when doing so). He didn't hurt anyone. He was told to knock it off and he did but he'd try it again with other people.

Fetishes are fetishes. My weird fetish is chubby blonde women, three years older than me, that I've been married to for 18 years. It works out well in my relationship. Your mileage may vary.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Cnut the Great posted:

He'll be able to self-release new stand-up specials but I doubt he's coming back to television or cinemas any time in the near or medium future.

He's obviously an expert at self-releasing.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Cubone posted:

he probably shouldn't have been asking junior colleagues for permission to jerk off in front of them in the first place

if a senior employee at your job asked to lick your feet, your takeaway probably wouldn't be "well at least he asked first!"

Both being comedians, but one having been in the business longer and made more money. That's what this is, so far as I know. This is not remotely like a boss asking to jerk off in front of an employee.

unless louis ck was like producing these ladies or danging work over their head to get it to happen? but louis' original appology and the accusations I read didn't really outline it that way

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

His dick looks like a drat Acorn

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

would you care if ron white took a pass at lisa lampanelli? He's made more money than her in comedy after all. He's got that blue collar comedy tour cash!!

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

walgreenslatino posted:

Imagine shooting a giant load across the carpet in front of some disinterested brooklyn girl while she checks her iPhone, and this being life's ultimate irresistible pleasure for you

Yea... Hahaha... Imagine... Hahaha

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

basic hitler posted:

Both being comedians, but one having been in the business longer and made more money. That's what this is, so far as I know. This is not remotely like a boss asking to jerk off in front of an employee.

unless louis ck was like producing these ladies or danging work over their head to get it to happen? but louis' original appology and the accusations I read didn't really outline it that way
I don't think I said boss
he isolated a junior colleague under false pretenses to make an explicit sexual proposition. he probably shouldn't have done that. I'm not saying you can't gently caress your co-workers, but if you think a professional relationship is headed that way, maybe don't test the waters by creating a situation where the other person doesn't have a reasonable expectation of safety and normalcy if they turn you down

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I just feel like the pool of people who are comedians is a big one and it's not a professional field, even the professionals aren't professionals.

Where is the line for this? Can a professional comic hit on someone they saw at a club doing an open mic set without being sleazy?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I mean comics are 100% always sleazy, but i'm not sure this would be why

Cubone
May 26, 2011

basic hitler posted:

I just feel like the pool of people who are comedians is a big one and it's not a professional field, even the professionals aren't professionals.

Where is the line for this? Can a professional comic hit on someone they saw at a club doing an open mic set without being sleazy?

I think hitting on somebody by out of the blue asking to jack off in front of them would be sleazy pretty much anywhere other than grindr or an orgy, and on grindr it's still a bit forward

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Cubone posted:

I think hitting on somebody by out of the blue asking to jack off in front of them would be sleazy pretty much anywhere other than grindr or an orgy, and on grindr it's still a bit forward

I think the problem is you're a conservative person with a conservative romantic and sexual outlook but i assure you on grindr asking to jack it is not forward and just because you're both performers telling jokes doesn't automatically make an awkward sexual request a power struggle.

If louis ck himself admits it was wrong, then yeah it was clearly wrong but this rationale can be applied so broadly and arbitrarily it's kind of weird that explicit consent between adults isn't enough anymore.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

basic hitler posted:

I think the problem is you're a conservative person with a conservative romantic and sexual outlook

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Cubone posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"asking to jack off on grindr is rather forward" - a sexually liberated man

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Louis CK wasn't just a professional comic, he was one of the biggest deal comics out there, and he was specifically targeting up-and-coming women in his field for weird sexual requests. Was he dangling work over them? Maybe not, but also if you're struggling to make it in comedy you're probably thinking, "what happens if I piss this guy off?".

Besides that it's loving weird to be in a professional situation and the skeevy rear end multi millionaire man with global acclaim and a bunch of lucrative media deals is like, "hey, really love your work, but can I jack off in front of you? By the way if you laugh awkwardly that means yes and I'll start doing it."

gently caress Louis CK. gently caress giving rich rear end men the benefit of the doubt when they act like perverted slimeballs, too.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

also two of the women he masturbated in front of without their consent literally got blacklisted from comedy because they talked about it. like you think Louis was just like "oh jeez mr. agent sir, I dunno about this, they seemed like nice girls and all, isn't it...*BIG GOOD BOY GULP* morally wrong? to kill their careers because they told my peers about the crime I committed?" no way he was pulling that trigger and trying to make it go away as fast as possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I thought the incidents in question were in the early aughts? That would place them not when he was a super famous comic, but just a long time comedy writer and a working comic who sorta-directed pootie tang and something else nobody saw. Not a guy who could make or break your career if you said the wrong thing him.

Unless i'm way off and he was actually a huge deal in the early aughts and just somehow not on comedy central and all that other poo poo i was always tuned into back then.

also gimmie a source for that blacklist stuff that sounds bad but nobody has been bringing that up

• Locked thread