Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

In my opinion, the police should stop murdering people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Poetic Justice posted:

He didn't put his arms out, he puts his right arm to his waistband right before the officer shot him.

The officer said "dont put your hands below your waist" and then "crawl towards me" which involves putting your hands below your waist

the officer is stupid, you're stupid, america is stupid

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
bloo bloo i am so distressed i can't figure out not to do the one thing everyone knows will get you shot by cops

I'm not defending the pig, I'm just saying the dead kid was a wimp and a moron

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

KomodoWagon posted:

bloo bloo i am so distressed i can't figure out not to do the one thing everyone knows will get you shot by cops

I'm not defending the pig, I'm just saying the dead kid was a wimp and a moron

you are one stupid motherfucker

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Tolkien minority posted:

Lol how can you defend this

he was likely cheating on his wife with a girl young enough to be impressed by 'doing shots of rum in a motel room after work, i brought my rat killer pellet gun with me'

still some would argue the cop pretending to be john rambo but fat and dumb on your tax dollars is worse. for the part where he humiliated a guy he was intentionally planning to murder anyway, some might suggest the guy who gets paid to gear up for WWIII then scream at an unarmed guy crawling on all fours in basketball clothes, murdering him with several rounds to the heart, could be the worse of the two

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

It's boggling that a cop can have armed backup against a single suspect prone on the floor, and instead of approaching, searching, and cuffing the individual, issue him an idiotic command like "crawl to me and if you think you are going to fall you better fall on your loving face."

Bracing yourself from a fall is an autonomous response, and he also said something about the suspect putting his hands behind his back.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Sintax posted:

The officer said "dont put your hands below your waist" and then "crawl towards me" which involves putting your hands below your waist

While crawling forward, the dude brings his right hand up to his waistband.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Rock Paper Tongue
Oct 24, 2016

May cause birth defects

Yo, gently caress the police

Arizona is trash and I can't wait for global warming to kill all of these lovely people

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.

look at this jared fogel looking son of a bitch. what makes retard cops like him think theyre navy seals?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

KomodoWagon posted:

literally a public execution of a fat kid pulling up his pants

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

KomodoWagon posted:

glubblubglibblig

I'm sorry, get the pig poo poo out of your mouth and try again so we can understand you

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

but simultaneously, those are the only people qualified to have and carry firearms

Because presumably in a society w/o 300 million guns, they wouldn’t be constantly told they’re seconds away from being shot and could react in less murder-y ways.

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016

KomodoWagon posted:

I'm not defending the pig

Yes you are, gently caress off.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Poetic Justice posted:

While crawling forward, the dude brings his right hand up to his waistband.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i wish i could poo poo in the mouth of komodo and poetic but they have cop dick in there already

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
After crawling forward 4 steps, the dude does this

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

eonwe posted:

i wish i could poo poo in the mouth of komodo and poetic but they have cop dick in there already

They'd like it

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Poetic Justice posted:

we get it dude, he deserved to die for pulling up his pants after being told to crawl (not standard procedure)

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
if only there were a good guy with a gun in this situation

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

RobotDogPolice posted:

Yes you are, gently caress off.

No, I agree he should be in prison for murder, probably for the rest of his life. That doesn't make the victim's last moments less funny to watch.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

but simultaneously, those are the only people qualified to have and carry firearms

a new study bible! posted:

It's boggling that a cop can have armed backup against a single suspect prone on the floor, and instead of approaching, searching, and cuffing the individual, issue him an idiotic command like "crawl to me and if you think you are going to fall you better fall on your loving face."

Bracing yourself from a fall is an autonomous response, and he also said something about the suspect putting his hands behind his back.
But remember, training on how to deal with conflict is a waste of resources because the bad guys are out there.

Monos Bullet posted:

look at this jared fogel looking son of a bitch. what makes retard cops like him think theyre navy seals?
The same thing that makes him retarded.

For real though he's "that relative" that makes you dread going to any family function.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Poetic Justice posted:

Stop linking to your jerk off stash you hosed up degenerate

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Sintax posted:

we get it dude, he deserved to die for pulling up his pants after being told to crawl (not standard procedure)

I don't believe he deserved to die. I think that the officer made a quick decision in the heat of the moment, not knowing if the guy had a gun on him or not.

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
Sitting behind the safety of my keyboard, where no one is trying to shoot me. I calmy suggest what someone in a moment of sheer terror should have done despite the fact that I've never been in that situation.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

the milk machine posted:

I actually understand the gun-nuts now. They just want to be armed to protect themselves from the police/military/government

although you can't own guns if you're black

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
dorner could've saved the kid is what I'm saying

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

the milk machine posted:

Someone who could enforce the law of not killing unarmed civilians after giving them unreasonable orders... a law.... enforcement officer if you will...

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Poetic Justice posted:

Did you just ignore the couple of seconds before and the couple seconds after the stupid snapshot you posted?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
wow are you telling me a man screaming at someone and threatening to kill them would fluster that person

holy gently caress

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Poetic Justice posted:

I don't believe he deserved to die. I think that the officer made a quick decision in the heat of the moment, not knowing if the guy had a gun on him or not.

his decision was stupid

incredibly stupid

you're stupid

america is stupid

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Poetic Justice should do the #DanielShaver challenge. Have several shots, wear ill fitting clothing, then be surprised by multiple armed men screaming at you w/ loaded guns pointing at you saying they’ll kill you, then you have to crawl forward w your hands up w/o reacting to anything that might impede your movement or just be a reflex. If you do react, you’re murdered.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Poetic Justice posted:

Lol that cop was 100% looking for an excuse to murder him, get real

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Poetic Justice posted:

I think you should adjust your waistband in front of him too

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I'm the guy who earnestly believes that cop was afraid for his life

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Boywhiz88 posted:

Poetic Justice should do the #DanielShaver challenge. Have several shots, wear ill fitting clothing, then be surprised by multiple armed men screaming at you w/ loaded guns pointing at you saying they’ll kill you, then you have to crawl forward w your hands up w/o reacting to anything that might impede your movement or just be a reflex. If you do react, you’re murdered.

Lol

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Poetic Justice posted:

that cop is a pussy and so are you

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Poetic Justice posted:

That's the argument, and it's technically correct which is likely part of the reason the ball of human smegma is allowed to walk around society, but even if that argument could be sealed and notarized by God, Zeus, and Lowtax at a public summit and codified for all time... the officer was still showing lovely antagonistic behavior and deviating from standard procedure in a manner that facilitated the shooting along with public documentation of an attitude towards firearms that is flippant at best and mentally bent at worst. At the very least he shouldn't be an officer, have his license to ever bear arms again revoked, and a year or five in the penal system probably wouldn't hurt.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Simon didn't say!

Lena Dunham
Sep 19, 2017

That kid was white so who cares

Let me know when a minority is executed on video, maybe then we'll give a poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Poetic Justice posted:

The officer had him prone on the floor with his palms on the ground and the girl cuffed. The only heat of the moment involved was his heat to murder a dude and your heat for him to take your glistening rear end in a top hat.

• Locked thread