Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
which decade will be the decade racism is fixed, or will the problem mutate into a different beast over time, and soon america becomes like brazil

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2qgadSvNyU

this song is great:

quote:

One, don't pick up the phone
You know he's only calling 'cause he's drunk and alone
Two, don't let him in
You have to kick him out again
Three, don't be his friend
You know you're gonna wake up in his bed in the morning
And if you're under him
You ain't getting over him
at 3:20 all the girls are whispering in each others' ears

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
is being able to sing even still a requirement for making pop music

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I like her voice

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

2015 will be remembered as the year Cannibal Ox finally dropped a second album after 14 years and um, oh well, it wasn't that good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I listen to a bunch of this Israeli gay club disco pop and Dua Lipa reminds me of that with the shift to the minor key (I think). I think the reason why in Israel is because Jewish music prefers the minor key and it's why Hebrew folk tunes have that sad / melancholic vibe to them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ptRtd53vQc&t=287s

So this is like super-gay circuit party stuff but that song came out eight years ago. They go for the sad stuff over there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2_Na1V3ntI

It's all quite dark and dramatic.

Anyways the whole pop music scene is making a big shift into the minor key. But maybe in a few years we'll move to a more upbeat minor key like in Israel. You have to be careful about playing into stereotypes but I think Jews and gays tend to be ahead of trends. (Pop music trends start in gay clubs.)

super macho dude posted:

2015 will be remembered as the year Cannibal Ox finally dropped a second album after 14 years and um, oh well, it wasn't that good.
That's disappointing. I grow even more melancholic.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Jan 26, 2018

• Locked thread