Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

BEATORIIIICCCHHHHHHEEEEEEEEE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Growth - 1089-1096

It seems Margherita has a rather misguided ambition.
For those of you not familiar with CK2, she wants to be in charge of our money, while her stewardship is worse than Krauss.

Jessica is on to her second child. Will this one also be born on the battlefield?

Jessica begins taking steps to consolidate power in her own hands, because the less influence her cousin has over matters of state, the better is is for everyone.

Meanwhile Jessica's husband is a little confused about what his role in the family is.

As a reminder, their second son is born. The Duchess says the name has personal significance and refuses to elaborate further.

Jessica's former tutor makes a nuisance of himself. It seems he's a bit bitter now that he's no longer in charge.

The Pope launches a campaign to retake the holy land for Christendom. Jessica remains focused on domestic matters.

Like rebuilding the Ushiromiya dynasty one child at a time.

Despite his earlier meddling in our military efforts, Galeotto has secured a pretext for expanding the duchy further south.

The unfortunate count count has nowhere near enough soldiers to oppose her, so Jessica launched the invasion immediately.

Count Constantino tries to dodge the Ushiyomiya army and hit Jessica's home directly.

It doesn't work out.

After routing them once, Jessica caches the enemy army on their home turf and crushes them with ease.

Her former tutor takes a bad blow to the head in the fighting, though. Whatever he was scheming comes to a premature end.

Options for replacing him as chancellor are slim.

Jessica decides to keep her cousin busy by appointing her to lead the siege, a task so simple even she can't screw it up.

Jessica's third son is born in the middle of a siege camp. His name shall bring luck for rebuilding the family from the brink of ruin.

By the time the Duchess has returned home with her newborn son, word of her foe's surrender is waiting for her.

The Duchy of Corsica is now larger than it was during Duke Kinzo's reign.

But there's always room for more.

It seems the crusader managed to wrest the holy land from the infidels.

Somehow I don't think King Robert is up to the task of holding it though.

Sure enough, not three weeks have passed, and the Muslim's are already aiming to take it back.

Jessica finally gives birth to a daughter. Her name evokes a hope that no matter what strife should come between them, they will always remember the importance of family.

With the family rebuilt to a healthy size, Jessica begins laying out her goals.

Unlike her grandfather, Jessica means to avoid any sibling rivalries by making the matter of succession clear from the beginning.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
So as a result of working on this mod, I've been inspired to take on even bigger coding projects. But as a result I don't have the time or interest to keep up with an endless paradox LP. This was never meant to turn into an Ushiromiya mega-campaign anyway. At this point we've completely exhausted what the mod has to offer, and everything coming up will just be vanilla CK2, event-wise. To that end, I'm putting a poll to the audience in two parts:

Part the First: Do you want to see this run continue? If so, for how long? I could see going until the end of Jessica's reign, but beyond that keeping things interesting might get tough, unless baby Kinzo becomes the antichrist or something.

Part the Second: What run do you want to see next? This one has three distinct options:
Rudolf Run: Starting at 1067, this one would probably be pretty short unless the AI makes an unexpected choice, but it could segue pretty well into
Ange Run: Unless continuing from the Rudolf run, this would use the 1098 bookmark. There wouldn't be a lot of mod events to show off, but there would be one very important event chain that is unlikely to come up in any other route.
Magical Bonus Run: This run would start at 1086, and require the use of the consoleMagic to make happen. The details are a surprisemystery.

Feel free to vote on both parts

rko
Jul 12, 2017
1) Maybe wrap up Jessica before moving on to the next thing, unless it turns out Kinzo's interesting.

2) Seems like the order you presented them in would be fine. I vote Rudolf -> Ange -> Magic Ending.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
The correct option is to make this a Golden Fantasia LP.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

rko posted:

2) Seems like the order you presented them in would be fine. I vote Rudolf -> Ange -> Magic Ending.
Makes sense!

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

rko posted:

1) Maybe wrap up Jessica before moving on to the next thing, unless it turns out Kinzo's interesting.

Seconding this.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
This is an update. I am linking this update so page two can load in a timely manner.

So a lot of life has happened over the past month. I don't think I have the energy to dedicate to a proper paradox LP, certainly not one with any sort of narrative. My hope is to get out at least one more post before the end of June showcase the highlights of the other scenarios I mentioned. If nothing else I put the mod up on the steam workshop and let everyone know where to find it.

Thank you for your patience.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Thanks for what you've done already, it's been fun. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Magical Bonus Finale

The following event is scripted to fire for Yasuda in October 1086. It should be impossible for a player to see it without using the console.

Each option has a different weight, with the first being most common. We've already seen what that one does.
The second option is least likely to happen, and does nothing.
The tooltip text for this third option is a little janky (and I'm not fixing it because humans shouldn't see it anyhow) but the net result is a turbo-genius with strong claims on all of Kinzo's holdings. Also Kinzo dies.

But we're here for door number 4...

:witch: :getin:

Beatrice comes with a massive army of goats, a universal CB, and a penchant for declaring war on everyone around her.

Also these three leading her army.

All hail.

And of course, last but not least...

Please excuse the lovely coat of arms for Beato's title, a new version of CK2 changed how coats of arms work and I don't have the time or energy to figure out how to assign a specific image to a title dynamically generated via event.

So thanks for bearing with me. You can :siren: download my mod for yourself here. :siren: There are still a few more surprises to be found within, including a certain Detective.

• Locked thread