Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

First post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pick posted:

Isn't that the Crazy Ex-Girlfriend show premise? Or is that the joke?

:cheers:

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Mammal Sauce posted:

My brother in law. Here's a mostly chronological list his avoiding responsibility:

• stole $600 from his step-dad, went on a bender in a trailer for a few days until police found him
  • lived on the street, random couches etc. for a few months
  • Stole his dad's AIDS medication to resell
  • Joined military, went to basic and kicked out within 6mo
  • uses "military experience" to get jobs that last a few weeks here and there
  • Lived in his uncle's ex-wife's back yard in a tent he borrowed from me until he and his girlfriend had stolen all the spoons from inside the house they were staying behind
  • Spent about two weeks one summer walking house to house shirtless, shoeless, carrying an Islamic book (maybe the Torah, it's been awhile) and preaching the word of our lord Jesus Christ and surprisingly never got shot as he walked into people's houses and would just start preaching
  • Finally got a car, a job and then blew the car up in a couple weeks because "hur dur cars need oil?" and lost job because he couldn't get there
  • During my brother's funeral, most of my wife's family came and while they were there, he broke in and stole various items
  • Arrested for felony larceny at a job he'd been at for a week
  • Mother gives him a Jeep Cherokee and he manages to kill an indestructible 4.0L a few weeks later because "hur dur cars need coolant?"
  • Has another kid with a 17yo @21
  • Actually kept a job for like 3 months
  • Broke into my garage and stole all the liquor for our wedding and traded it for suboxone
  • His dad who lived out of state got him taken out of my house by police "swat style" after calling the police on him after he visited my wife and she sent a text to her dad about how he was acting toward her and my mother in law (I wasn't home)
  • Went to a rehab where he was supposed to stay for a year and left after 2 weeks because "he missed his first child" who he hadn't given a single poo poo about for the four years prior
  • Has a third child with an older woman who instantly cuts him off and I'm not sure he's seen it since birth
  • Was kicked out of GED classes not once, but twice. Do you know how hard that is?
  • Any time court dates come up for the support that he doesn't pay, he ends up in a stress center on hold, goes to court a couple days later and gives them some sob story about "but, but I couldn't pay because I was at the stress center" instead of just telling them that he just hasn't had a job 90% of his adult life
  • Currently not paying support to any of the mothers of the 3 kids
  • Still gives zero shits about his kids
  • Only keeps jobs long enough to get money for some drugs, gets hosed up, loses job, rinse, repeat
  • No car
  • Currently stays on his moms couch

I've met my wife's entire family and he is so far removed from their mindset and way of life that he is like a textbook black sheep. Hth, op.

sorry about your dad having aids

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Probably my dad but I don't get out much and have Daddy issues so don't trust me.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Mammal Sauce posted:

• Only keeps jobs long enough to get money for some drugs, gets hosed up, loses job, rinse, repeat

these are all dope

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Oh cool, what were you running for?

a hearty chuckle

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

my oldest brother has never worked, has a masters of communication he's never used, he's 39 and quite overewight and lives in a sickass apartment that my parends own and plays on his gaming computer all day with his 1080 graphics card and his 4k hdr tv and ps4 pro

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Caesar Saladin posted:

my oldest brother has never worked, has a masters of communication he's never used, he's 39 and quite overewight and lives in a sickass apartment that my parends own and plays on his gaming computer all day with his 1080 graphics card and his 4k hdr tv and ps4 pro

That sounds amazing tbh

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mammal Sauce posted:

My brother in law. Here's a mostly chronological list his avoiding responsibility:

• stole $600 from his step-dad, went on a bender in a trailer for a few days until police found him
  • Lived in his uncle's ex-wife's back yard in a tent he borrowed from me until he and his girlfriend had stolen all the spoons from inside the house they were staying behind
  • Spent about two weeks one summer walking house to house shirtless, shoeless, carrying an Islamic book (maybe the Torah, it's been awhile) and preaching the word of our lord Jesus Christ and surprisingly never got shot as he walked into people's houses and would just start preaching
  • Finally got a car, a job and then blew the car up in a couple weeks because "hur dur cars need oil?" and lost job because he couldn't get there
  • During my brother's funeral, most of my wife's family came and while they were there, he broke in and stole various items
  • Mother gives him a Jeep Cherokee and he manages to kill an indestructible 4.0L a few weeks later because "hur dur cars need coolant?"
  • Broke into my garage and stole all the liquor for our wedding and traded it for suboxone
  • His dad who lived out of state got him taken out of my house by police "swat style" after calling the police on him after he visited my wife and she sent a text to her dad about how he was acting toward her and my mother in law (I wasn't home)
  • Went to a rehab where he was supposed to stay for a year and left after 2 weeks because "he missed his first child" who he hadn't given a single poo poo about for the four years prior
  • Has a third child with an older woman who instantly cuts him off and I'm not sure he's seen it since birth
  • Was kicked out of GED classes not once, but twice. Do you know how hard that is?
  • Any time court dates come up for the support that he doesn't pay, he ends up in a stress center on hold, goes to court a couple days later and gives them some sob story about "but, but I couldn't pay because I was at the stress center" instead of just telling them that he just hasn't had a job 90% of his adult life
  • No car

I've met my wife's entire family and he is so far removed from their mindset and way of life that he is like a textbook black sheep. Hth, op.

I'm gonna purchase some black market aids medication to get high off, unfortunately I have to get infected with aids for it to work. Worth it!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

you seriously need to start posting these in e/n bullshit where they belong and stop infecting GBS with your baggage

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Pick posted:

after he got a degree in sociology

lol

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
crazy ex-girlfriend is a bad show but all my forum friends (ffs) know i love jewish boobs so rachel bloom is a 10/10

peace and love

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

WatermelonGun posted:

crazy ex-girlfriend is a bad show but all my forum friends (ffs) know i love jewish boobs so rachel bloom is a 10/10

peace and love

It's actually a great show. I mean, you don't have to like it, but you also don't have to be a pig about it. :shrug:

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It's actually a great show. I mean, you don't have to like it, but you also don't have to be a pig about it. :shrug:

i haven’t watched the second season, but the finale to the first season was pretty detestable. like i really enjoyed the musical numbers but the main character is a sociopath and lives up to the title and it’s upsetting.

i’m a dirty pig and eeeeeveeyone in that show is filthy hot tho

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

WatermelonGun posted:

i haven’t watched the second season, but the finale to the first season was pretty detestable. like i really enjoyed the musical numbers but the main character is a sociopath and lives up to the title and it’s upsetting.

i’m a dirty pig and eeeeeveeyone in that show is filthy hot tho

I think you missed something significant in the first season finale. Either that or, you know, good on you for saving yourself the trouble of watching the rest of it! :thumbsup:

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
one place i worked at, the qa manager complained about people not following procedures while not herself following the exact same procedures she complained about people not following. these issues would constantly get us in minor trouble with regulatory agencies. as the only other member of qa (her subordinate) i had to constantly tell her to do the simplest most obvious things the right way because other people would see how she did it and then say to me 'why i do have to do it that way, ______ doesnt do that'.

i told her a million times that people see how she does things and model their behavior off of that, but shes the sort of person who spins a web of tangentially related words together until you leave her alone out of frustration whenever shes confronted with anything. whenever an issue was critical enough that i couldnt in good conscience say "well i reported the issue to management so my responsibility ends here" itd take 10 minutes of carefully unraveling webs of bullshit and excuses to get her to acknowledge a problem and agree to a suitable corrective action.

just follow the drat procedures lady its easier than trying to figure out when you can save 3 seconds and 2 calories of effort sidestepping them anyway, plus youre the goddamn manager of the 'make everyone follow procedure' department.

in the end it was very good experience for me in terms of leadership and working with people because ensuring anything was done correctly became my responsibility by default.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Caesar Saladin posted:

He used his amazing communication skills to convince your parents to put up with that

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to quit sugar after upcoming holiday!

*grabs handful after handful of candy*
*repeats monthly for three years*
*develops Type II diabetes*

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
That guy who fucks and breaks jeeps for a living sounds like a pretty cool guy tbh.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
one housemate is incapable of problem solving. when she has a problem she essentially yells/talks about the problem to whoever is home for hours at a time. she also does not really want your advice. i suppose most of the problems are either money or interpersonal.

she often gets fired from work (waitressing) because the people end up "treating her like poo poo" or she'll ask for a lot of specific hours off, and wont show up for a shift if she was not granted those hours. she also does not show up to work because she'll get high/do coke and then take xanax to come down and she subsequently over sleeps.

last week her boyfriend wanted to take a break because she complained about her problems all the time and when he offered to help her she would get angry and refuse. she came home and smoked dmt to calm down. she non-stopped talked about her boy issues for 4 days, but to be fair another housemate is having boyfriend issues so i guess they bonded over it.

after the break discussion she came home talking about how she knows shes not handling her problems or is making them worse but then dealt with that by doing drugs. i told her to go to therapy.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
she had 7 waitressing jobs last year and genuinely believes it was not her fault she got fired from any one of them.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Mammal Sauce posted:

• No car

thanks mammal sauce I needed a little something to boost me up.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

she had 7 waitressing jobs last year and genuinely believes it was not her fault she got fired from any one of them.
So she's good enough at networking and quite possibly sexual favors to get in the door, but not good enough at them to keep the job. That's an impressive balancing act. Most people would be blacklisted by that point.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

My sister blames me for the fact that she stayed with her boyfriend for several years. She is literally mad at me, about her not breaking up with him.

I don't even really understand the logic there, I guess I was supposed to convince her to break up with him?

She is currently with a complete monster, and gets mad at anyone who tells her this.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I don't personally know him, but this guy in my town. He's a left-wing Christian preacher and an activist, and also loves the media ... too much.

He gave an inflammatory speech during a 2016 Black Lives Matter protest in Dallas, which he co-organized, before those cops were killed. That's when the images of his speech (which tended to be more extreme than the usual stuff at BLM protests) started spreading around. He showed some remorse in the video below, but the damage was done. (The other BLM activists should've, IMO, bundled him up and shoved him in a locker for 48 hours to keep him from talking to the press).

quote:

https://www.gq.com/story/reverend-jeff-hood-black-lives-matter-dallas

Hood spent the next 24 hours giving dozens of interviews to national outlets, including ABC’s Good Morning America, as well as local ones like the Dallas Morning News. In the interviews, he offered an eyewitness account of what happened and expressed grief for the families of the slain police officers. Over and over, he preached a Christian message: nonviolence, love, justice.

But it was his interview with Megyn Kelly of Fox News that catapulted him into infamy. Kelly played a clip of Hood, recorded just a few hours before the shooting began at the rally: “God drat white America!” he can be seen shouting. Within hours, another clip of Hood surfaced, this time yelling, “White America is a loving lie!”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZbKQzHlHNE

The videos went viral. Here was this eccentric man with a long beard, hipster glasses, and a slow drawl condemning “white America” just as tensions between the police and the black community had exploded. Conservative blogs like The Blaze and Breitbart blasted Hood, while Patheos called him a “queer Islamist.” Commenters accused him directly for the slayings; others criticized him as an opportunistic attention-seeker. In an instant, Reverend Hood became a national target for death threats over Twitter and Facebook.
I'm certain he means well, and Fox News exploited the situation, but this was disastrous. He also acted as a spokesman for BLM, though no one asked him to, while simultaneously distancing himself from the movement:

quote:

For days after the protest, Hood sat in his office chair, alone, wondering when the windows would crash in or a bullet would fly through the side of his home. He sent his wife and five small children to stay with his wife’s parents in West Texas. For more than a week, police officers patrolled Hood’s home and offered him protection. “I exist in a weird place,” Hood told me when I met with him in late July. “Many activists on the left hate my guts because I refuse to go along with the plan. Activists on the right side hate my guts because they think I’m a loving traitor.”

[...]

On certain topics, for example, he often retreats into vague generalizations. On Colin Kaepernick's protest, for example, Hood says, “I’m glad that he’s standing up for his beliefs, but the question is, if our world is truly going to change, then it seems to me that we have to do more than sit or kneel. We have to give our lives.” When asked if he'll be supporting either candidate for president: “Trump can say whatever he wants to, and [Clinton] can say whatever she wants to. But it’s up to us to transform society.” And when asked to characterize his affiliation with Black Lives Matter, Hood says, “BLM is an institution. I’m not institutional, by any stretch of the imagination... I am an independent activist who was concerned about police brutality and involved in the movement of black lives.” The explanation comes off as evasive, even contradictory. Black Lives Matter is less an institution than a movement, and one without a hierarchy or codified rules; certainly BLM is less of an institution than Southern Baptism or Christianity.

Christian Parks is a former intern of Hood’s. Even though he is one of Hood’s biggest supporters, some of Parks's friends in the black community are consistently frustrated with the reverend's message, which they see as inflammatory and antithetical to their cause. “I have friends who would consider themselves very Afrocentric, very much part of the black nation, who are very frustrated with Jeff. Because to them, he was another white body who was taking up lots of energy and taking up lots of airtime to support something that, in their minds, ultimately added more confusion and more work for them.”
Anyways, the cops pulled him over this week for driving an unregistered single-cab pickup truck with three of his five kids inside. They had gone out for lunch. Cops write him a ticket, and then he gets out to explain that his wife, who works, had their car. The cop replies "maybe you shouldn't have any more kids."

Alright, the cop is an rear end in a top hat. But his first mistake was driving his three kids around in an unregistered single-cab truck. His second mistake was trying to explain his way out of it to the cop. Then, on top of that, he contacted the local newspaper with his story and claimed he's being "targeted" because activism. The newspaper, bizarrely, published a lengthy story based on his account, and then got blasted in the community for it because this guy was clearly in the wrong and is looking to drum up anger at the police because he screwed up.

I mean, I don't have a high opinion of the police either, but this guy isn't helping.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

These posts are way too long, unsubscribed

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

vudan posted:

Probably myself. Often blame mental illness for being lazy and unproductive. I am also filled with hate and jealousy.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

Jesus

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

My serious answer is my oldest stepdaughter. She's very clever but uses it for stupid goals. She's type I diabetic and intentionally skipped insulin shots to stay skinny. Typical healthy blood sugar levels are 70-100; she lived at about 300 for years because she kept skipping shots and lying about her number.

My God, the lying. To this day (she moved out about 2 years ago) I don't believe a single word that comes out of her mouth. She is a textbook sociopath, an expert at manipulation. It's always poor little victimized me, I'm doing everything right, but all this bad stuff keeps happening to me and I can't figure it out! She "hates drama" but is constantly surrounded by it. She constantly berates her boyfriend and calls him stupid and an idiot to his face.

I had to put alarms on all the doors and windows in our old house, not to keep intruders out, but to keep her in. I caught her red-handed tampering with sensors, more than once, and she still lied and lied and lied to my face for hours. When we moved there were too many doors and windows to be feasible so I put one on her bedroom door. She tried taking the hinges off and I caught her again. I put a chain on the hinge side of the door so it couldn't be removed without tripping the alarm. She jumped out of her 2nd story window and broke both of her ankles on the concrete below. In January. I was in the shower and my wife was asleep, so she was outside in freezing weather, screaming and writhing in pain, for probably 10-15 minutes before I heard her. I never thought she'd be stupid enough to do that so I didn't even have a sensor on the window.

She comes back to visit her younger sisters, who don't like or trust her any more than we do, and is always calling them "honey" and "sweetie" and acting all motherly to try to make up for the way she treated them, which I don't even have to say anything for them to see right through as just more manipulation so she can feel less guilty.

I don't know, I do see some faint glimmers of hope that she is becoming more responsible, but we were burned so hard for so long by her that we haven't gotten over it yet, and I don't know when we really will.

Btw this is nuts as hell, sorry about your f’d up child, I think this poo poo just happens. Not your fault.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

ArbitraryC posted:

why'd she jump out the window?

Partly to prove a point that she could still get out, partly to sneak out and steal our car to visit her boyfriend, which we caught her twice doing and she admitted to doing a few other times.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

My serious answer is my oldest stepdaughter. She's very clever but uses it for stupid goals. She's type I diabetic and intentionally skipped insulin shots to stay skinny. Typical healthy blood sugar levels are 70-100; she lived at about 300 for years because she kept skipping shots and lying about her number.

My God, the lying. To this day (she moved out about 2 years ago) I don't believe a single word that comes out of her mouth. She is a textbook sociopath, an expert at manipulation. It's always poor little victimized me, I'm doing everything right, but all this bad stuff keeps happening to me and I can't figure it out! She "hates drama" but is constantly surrounded by it. She constantly berates her boyfriend and calls him stupid and an idiot to his face.

I had to put alarms on all the doors and windows in our old house, not to keep intruders out, but to keep her in. I caught her red-handed tampering with sensors, more than once, and she still lied and lied and lied to my face for hours. When we moved there were too many doors and windows to be feasible so I put one on her bedroom door. She tried taking the hinges off and I caught her again. I put a chain on the hinge side of the door so it couldn't be removed without tripping the alarm. She jumped out of her 2nd story window and broke both of her ankles on the concrete below. In January. I was in the shower and my wife was asleep, so she was outside in freezing weather, screaming and writhing in pain, for probably 10-15 minutes before I heard her. I never thought she'd be stupid enough to do that so I didn't even have a sensor on the window.

She comes back to visit her younger sisters, who don't like or trust her any more than we do, and is always calling them "honey" and "sweetie" and acting all motherly to try to make up for the way she treated them, which I don't even have to say anything for them to see right through as just more manipulation so she can feel less guilty.

I don't know, I do see some faint glimmers of hope that she is becoming more responsible, but we were burned so hard for so long by her that we haven't gotten over it yet, and I don't know when we really will.

please don't write posts like this about me without my permission . and anyway im super successful now so its fine

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Pick posted:

Btw this is nuts as hell, sorry about your f’d up child, I think this poo poo just happens. Not your fault.

I know, partly it was the uncontrolled diabetes that exacerbated some mental/emotional problems resulting from abuse before I entered the picture. I really feel sorry for her and kinda don't even blame her too much because of all the crap she legitimately had to deal with. Her bio dad left my wife before she was born, they had to move all the time so she never had any stability or positive male figure in her life. My wife is a champ and did the best she could, but being a single mom is insanely difficult for an adult, even more so at 17. And then my wife's dad is a registered sex offender and abused my wife, her sisters, and at least two of my daughters before he was stopped.

We had to lock away all the knives and stuff in the house - she was never very dangerous to the rest of us aside from some empty threats, but she would continually self-harm and talked about suicide. We had her short-term committed to institutions a couple of times after suicide attempts, but even there she would just spin lies. We had her in counseling beyond the institution, but there's not much anyone can do with someone hiding behind onion layers of lies upon lies and who doesn't want to be helped. I never knew how to convince my daughter I was on her side while still protecting her and ourselves.

Winifred Madgers fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Feb 24, 2018

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Well I'm glad you did what you could. Don't know what else to say unfortunately, a big bummer all around.

BhindiBhaji Boogie
Aug 6, 2013

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
One of the local crackheads who has been a consistent crack smoker since the 80s wisely turned his daughter over to his parents in the 90s. He went on to break into his own parents house to steal the hundreds of dollars in change stored in one of those office water coolers that his daughter had accrued and traded it for a nominal amount of crack. Despite numerous people on our block seeing prince charming lugging the coin filled cooler to the crack spot he insisted that it wasn't him.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I guess technically it's "knew", but my uncle died not too long ago at 62. He never lived a day of his life in his own apartment/house, only with his mom. He never got a drivers license, never had a job in his life. All he did 24/7 was take her retirement money and use it to be drunk, all the time. I have no childhood memories of him aside from him being passed out on the couch at 10 in the morning.

When we found out he died, everyone except his mom was basically like "good" or "finally". Even my dad/his brother said "about loving time". I've never seen so much disdain from family members toward someone than our reactions to the news of his death. You might be thinking that he just needed help, but that was tried repeatedly and only led to him breaking my dad's nose with a brick when he tried to convince him to go to rehab.

I just can't imagine that life. Like I can relate to going through a slump for a few years and doing nothing but get drunk and do nothing, but his bender lasted 60 drat years. He didn't just not have enough personal responsibility, he had none whatsoever.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I know this girl who thinks that when she's in love, she can't be held responsible for her actions. She moved all the way cross-country after this guy, and keeps stalking him and trying to impress him, getting between him and his girlfriend so they'll break up and she'll have a shot, all the while denying that that's what she's doing.

It's a shame, really, because she's really smart and talented, but she's squandering her life on this hopeless obsession.

isn't this the plot of a show on the CW

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Tell more

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I'm beginning to think these social misery threads may be Pick's fetish :catstare:

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Faffel posted:

I'm beginning to think these social misery threads may be Pick's fetish :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

client
Aug 19, 2010

a friend of mine in college was a super bad alcoholic and total idiot who was constantly loving up. some of the poo poo i remember he did:

*whipped his dick out and started pissing on the floor at some sorority's formal then set off a fire alarm after he sprinted out an emergency exit with his dick still hanging out

*he used to get the poo poo kicked out of him all the time for drunkenly hitting on dude's girlfriends and also got beat with his own shoes by a bunch of frat dudes after roundhouse kicking one of their pledges for some reason

*wound up losing a couple of teeth trying to punt a tall boy and falling mouth first onto a parking block

*had sex with a girl in a portapotty during a tailgate in a very crowded public lot, which caused a huge line to build up and the police to get called (somehow he wasn't arrested)

*got arrested for breaking into a car and passing out in it

he was from a wealthy family though and would always be bailed out by them (they even bought him new teeth). hes now a lawyer lmao

• Locked thread