Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

OMG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

cowofwar posted:

Where are the golden retrievers? Goons have terrible taste as expected.

trash dogs for trash people, cancer on four legs.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
The best dog I've ever known was a brittany spaniel, they loving rule.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

This is Akin. I like to think he's my dog, but I had been calling him Hakim for like a year before he corrected me so now I don't know.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

thatbastardken posted:

trash dogs for trash people, cancer on four legs.

Yeah I think I remember reading something like most Goldens die of cancer and/or being put down rather than old age. Purebreed dogs have their drawbacks.

client
Aug 19, 2010

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Away all Goats posted:

Yeah I think I remember reading something like most Goldens die of cancer and/or being put down rather than old age. Purebreed dogs have their drawbacks.
Yeah like, if you're buying a Dacschund you *will* have to deal with a slipped disk and $5k in vet bills because it jumped off the couch or bottom stair wrong.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

These are my little angels, Roxas the pug/corgi and Liliana Vess the chihuahua/Boston terrier :3:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

BloodRed posted:

all good dogs

question for dog owners

do u treat ur dog as though it has human like emotions (love, hate etc) or do you sorta put them more in an animal category where they may appear to have those emotions but actually are still just domesticated animals who act on impulse?

I treat my dog as though he's human yeah, he's my bro. Dogs are unique in that they are the only non-human animal that can read our human emotions and from what I can tell most people can't even do that so you better believe I'd trade most humans on this earth for my dog.

Pictured: Sprocket

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/vaevrfj.gifv

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

BloodRed posted:

Snoop’s lyrics glorify violence against women. He refers to women as ‘bitches’ and ‘hoes’ who ‘suck d****’. His songs include ‘Break a bitch ’til the day i die’ and ‘Can you control yo hoe? where he describes beating women who do not obey him, who need to learn their place. He justifies violence against women because their behaviour ‘forced him’. These are the very cultural attitudes that both excuse and perpetuate actual violence against women. These lyrics trivialise violence against women and they desensitise young men to the real pain and suffering of victims of abuse.

wack

gently caress you snoop owns

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

BloodRed posted:

all good dogs

question for dog owners

do u treat ur dog as though it has human like emotions (love, hate etc) or do you sorta put them more in an animal category where they may appear to have those emotions but actually are still just domesticated animals who act on impulse?

Anyone who believes in TYOOL 2018 that animals don't have emotions is a dipshit. They probs don't have nearly as complex of emotions as humans, but dogs for sure feel happiness, sadness, excitement, etc.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Yes, she is spoiled.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

BloodRed posted:

all good dogs

question for dog owners

Dogs definitely have emotions. They aren't always relatable because of how we experience the world, but they are there. I have seen dogs pout, get jealous, feel rejected, and sustain a depressive episode alongside the basic happy/sad/scared trifecta. They seem to lack disgust.

You won't see that as often in outdoor breeds that have not been socialized to show emotion. Dogs are still pack animals, and will often hide pain so the pack doesn't abandon them. When I worked for a vet I learned Greyhounds are really stoic in this regard. That doesn't mean the emotions aren't there.

That said I have caught myself projecting onto them, and when I do I try to do something very dog-oriented like fetch or a walk so I don't become one of those "furbaby" weirdos. Dogs experience emotions but their means of processing and reacting to them are at best on the level of an intelligent toddler, which is why good training is so loving important.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Miniature Schnauzer named Bailey...

Girlfriends dog.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Buddy!

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

hi buddy

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
was chasing ball when got distracted by achieving enlightenment

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

posting cancerdogs itt

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Cancerdogs are often the friendliest and I love them so goddamn much.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

r u ready to WALK posted:

posting cancerdogs itt

live from the octagon!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

r u ready to WALK posted:

posting cancerdogs itt

wanna pet those dogs

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Not mine, but these are good dogs.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/humorandanimals/status/977536982120312832

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

mind the walrus posted:

They seem to lack disgust.

I'll say!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
3/4

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
my dogs in my summercabin

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Mar 26, 2018

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I don't have a dog but I do have a rat

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

dis frodo

he is so handsome bit such a dickhead to other dogs

F
Nov 6, 2005

Thanks for the suggestion Jose

Greta:

Greta and her older brother Walter:

they're both nutjobs but we love them.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

good dogs everyone

Lockmat
Oct 2, 2005

Come on, let's go set some prostitutes on fire.
Grimey Drawer

Hello, I'm a rescue who used to eat his own tail from stress.

All I want to eat now are kong toys!

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Who What Now posted:

I don't have a dog but I do have a rat

drat thats a good rat

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Mar 26, 2018

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lotta good dogs in this thread so far

Lauroon Kyanka
Sep 17, 2017

*trips on a ladybug*

*dies of old age*
he hates the groomers, he won't late me brush him. he loves long walks and sniffing rear end. he's gentle with kids and patient with old people.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

This is Fred, he is a Very Good Boy

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll say

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

op where's the insanely skinny dog you used to starve to the point of death

foonykins
Jun 15, 2010

stop with the small talk

My dog Bear in front, girlfriends dog Neville in back. Neville can be a prick sometimes but they finally got along after 3 days out on the lake.

He’s a very good boy. He can be a little poo poo sometimes, and he’s hilariously dumb, but I love him regardless.

Phonepostin’ so I really hope these don’t break tables, let me know if they do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

i want a black lab, anybody got one of those

• Locked thread