Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
So it's basically a bathroom that you sleep in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Really, I don't think there is even room for a good cucking in a tiny house.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Is it the fact that he owns his own home with an attractive wife and is doing well for himself while keeping ace on his fashion senses?

Nah man, its something about the face, or the bowtie, or a combination of both. The wife and tiny house are irrelevant.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

El Padrino posted:

There's something about the dude that makes me want to punch him, repeatedly.

it's not something, it's everything

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Chachaj and Nacole, jfc

Chachaj is his last name. . .

Sounds eastern european.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Chachaj and Nacole, jfc

lol

I had to check the article because I refused to believe that was his first name (but the picture made me feel it was possible), it is actually Peter. Of course he probably goes by “P. Chachaj”

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

appropriatemetaphor posted:

If baby boomers just let cities re-zone to smaller lots this wouldn't happen.

But no, need gigantic "estate" sized lots so the poor people can't get a house.

Do those limits extend to the area above the lot? I'm wondering how a city planner that wants to gently caress with lovely laws like this would go about doing so. I'm imagining an estate-sized lot being allocated, then immediately building one story up and over said lot for actually useful stuff. Just a giant empty lightless 'estate' bearing all the noise of the town above it.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

It must be pretty awesome when you get into a fight with your wife when you are living in one of these tiny houses.

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Really, I don't think there is even room for a good cucking in a tiny house.

Yeah but if you have a fart smelling fetish you're set

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Peter Daou Bundy posted:

A tiny house would be sweet. What is the appeal of a big massive house if you are by yourself or 1 other person?

Living in a poo poo tiny house has a name: poverty

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
My house is pretty tiny, it's probably the tiniest house you've ever seen.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
That bathroom must have an amazing fan. Otherwise, one good dump and everyone would have to clear the house for a while.

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
another milestone in the capitalists' race to the bottom

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Is it the fact that he owns his own home with an attractive wife and is doing well for himself while keeping ace on his fashion senses?

lmao

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Halser posted:

it's not something, it's everything

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
A Cuck Shack baby
Cuck Shack, baby Cuck Shack

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Why buy a tiny house instead of just an RV.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I live in this

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

literally bought a 37 foot class A motorhome for $3800 on craigslist and lived in it for two years

it had a full tub/shower and a washer/dryer stack
i put flatscreens and 5.8gig wifi in it
it was super fun. Then we got sick of it and I gave it to a homeless family and rented a cottage

I would do a lot to avoid paying over half my income on rent and would love to do this but not all of us are as handy as you. I remember from the saga you were elbow deep in motor oil and wiring harnesses for months on end getting that thing road/home worthy, and had to constantly work to maintain it. Over all I applaud you and that whole chapter of your life you shared with us loving owned and is fully loving inspiring.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

a new study bible! posted:

Why buy a tiny house instead of just an RV.

a tiny house is twee and they can play pretend that they “own a house.” iirc it’s in a weird space wrt regulations where they can try to duck poo poo like lot and utility fees by just idk, living on their friends / parents property, or in public spaces. they could well be class conscious pricks who turn their nose down at RVs (but this is a crazy self delusion)

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
what kind of third world country is this where people live in rvs cause landlords charge too much for housing

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

So are they more or less expensive than a shed

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

jimmyjams posted:

what kind of third world country is this where people live in rvs cause landlords charge too much for housing

They're called caravans in the uk

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

X-Ultron posted:

Artisanal poverty.

lol

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
As long as you are eating pizza, why not recycle those pizza boxes into a beautiful new home?

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.
Property taxes should be based entirely on land value. There's a ton of baby boomer fuckers sitting on 20 acres of inherited land for decades and paying almost nothing in taxes. They parcel off some crumbs and sell it to a millenial couple, who actually do something productive with the land and build a house on it, and are then slapped with a massive property tax re-assessment. At least that's how it works around here.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
That woman could fold that man into a nice little cravat, my goodness she looks so healthy and strong.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Alright, buckle the gently caress up because something about this article just broke me.

Why the gently caress would anyone spend that much money to live in porta bathroom with an oven and loft bed in it? Oh, that right we can't just pickup a used trailer or RV on Craigslist for 1/20 the cost(and 800% better functionality). Nosiree, we're saving money by building a tiny house™. "It's not just loving aesthetics, we're saving money!!!. My wife's haircut goes through so many razors, and my bow tie collection won't curate itself." And huge loving lol at "bureaucratic red tape". You mean, the engineering and safety regulations that ensure your clown house doesn't murder you the first chance it gets?

Here's a loving idea, millenialshitheads.jpg why don't you just rent an apartment in a low income neighborhood? You could save money and help an ailing community. Better yet, buy some land in a rural/unincorporated area and actually put down some loving roots like real Americans. You can still build your 3D printed joke house, but now you're participating in a small town, helping it by paying taxes and shopping locally. That is, unless these two just jerk each other off in the back of Whole Foods and order space food from the orbiting Tumblr satellite that programs their stupid thoughts every night. Heaven loving forbid we think about anything but our own bad decisions. It's not our fault that guidance counselors talked my wife into getting a master's degree in potato cultivation and my artisanal banjo tuning business is still years from being profitable. But, we just launched an app that sends fancy soap right to your door and we're expecting Elon Musk to tweet about it any day now.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Truly it is the hipsters fault they must live in tiny houses, not the baby boomers who have a 2 person family and 3500 square feet and are all gently caress you got mine about housing shortages, rent, and such.

Watch Jeff Bezos bring back company owned housing.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jose Oquendo posted:

That bathroom must have an amazing fan. Otherwise, one good dump and everyone would have to clear the house for a while.

I’d be exiled the first week. No fan can over power my stench dumps. It’s fact.

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.

Rad-daddio posted:

And huge loving lol at "bureaucratic red tape". You mean, the engineering and safety regulations that ensure your clown house doesn't murder you the first chance it gets?

lol someone has never actually built anything ever

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
sex-havers are a blight

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rad-daddio posted:

Alright, buckle the gently caress up because something about this article just broke me.

Why the gently caress would anyone spend that much money to live in porta bathroom with an oven and loft bed in it? Oh, that right we can't just pickup a used trailer or RV on Craigslist for 1/20 the cost(and 800% better functionality). Nosiree, we're saving money by building a tiny house™. "It's not just loving aesthetics, we're saving money!!!. My wife's haircut goes through so many razors, and my bow tie collection won't curate itself." And huge loving lol at "bureaucratic red tape". You mean, the engineering and safety regulations that ensure your clown house doesn't murder you the first chance it gets?

Here's a loving idea, millenialshitheads.jpg why don't you just rent an apartment in a low income neighborhood? You could save money and help an ailing community. Better yet, buy some land in a rural/unincorporated area and actually put down some loving roots like real Americans. You can still build your 3D printed joke house, but now you're participating in a small town, helping it by paying taxes and shopping locally. That is, unless these two just jerk each other off in the back of Whole Foods and order space food from the orbiting Tumblr satellite that programs their stupid thoughts every night. Heaven loving forbid we think about anything but our own bad decisions. It's not our fault that guidance counselors talked my wife into getting a master's degree in potato cultivation and my artisanal banjo tuning business is still years from being profitable. But, we just launched an app that sends fancy soap right to your door and we're expecting Elon Musk to tweet about it any day now.

This post made me lol. Nice. But u seem to need a smoko

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Peter Daou Bundy posted:

Truly it is the hipsters fault they must live in tiny houses, not the baby boomers who have a 2 person family and 3500 square feet and are all gently caress you got mine about housing shortages, rent, and such.

Look, I'll rent out the back of my property so they can park their little hipster shack somewhere nice. But, that guy's strapping wife is gonna have to do some yard work to foot the cost.

Also, the whole USA is covered in low cost property and I think Detroit has homes for less than what it costs to lease a KIA. If they want to be trendy poo poo heads that's fine, just don't wrap politics and misinformation up in it. Plenty of people of all ages and walks of life are still buying and building houses even as we speak.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Burt Sexual posted:

This post made me lol. Nice. But u seem to need a smoko

Been up since 3am, and my day won't stop until after a cadaver lab around 7 pm tonight. You're right, I'm a little loopy right now.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Rad-daddio posted:

Lmfao

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I'm laughing at you, not with you, for clarity, QP.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Peter Daou Bundy posted:

If they're in NC they're in one of the better places for low income housing and it would probably be google rather than amazon

http://nlihc.org/gap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rad-daddio posted:

Look, I'll rent out the back of my property so they can park their little hipster shack somewhere nice. But, that guy's strapping wife is gonna have to do some yard work to foot the cost.

Also, the whole USA is covered in low cost property and I think Detroit has homes for less than what it costs to lease a KIA. If they want to be trendy poo poo heads that's fine, just don't wrap politics and misinformation up in it. Plenty of people of all ages and walks of life are still buying and building houses even as we speak.

Yes, they can be trendy and live in Hamtramck. Or Detroit. But those houses loving suck for the most part, and are ran by slumlords.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_re...887_rect/13_zm/

• Locked thread