Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax

The Dregs posted:

Because vapers look like assholes and smokers look cool
Caring about looking cool is the opposite of cool though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cardiacarrest123
Apr 10, 2016
* released from the hospital after surgical removal of entire larynx*

*cracks oxygen tank on wheelchair, lights another cigarette to inhale through new hole in neck*

*chest and head explode violently in front of the sign that reads EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT*

cardiacarrest123 fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jun 16, 2018

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

Shasta Orange Soda posted:

Which works with smoking about as often as it works with heroin.

I miss smoking.

That's funny, I miss heroin.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
This Thread Smells Like poo poo

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Dude, you gotta start smoking weed. Way cooler, imo

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

the raddest part are the leukoplakia

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
Smoking is pretty cool when someone's in their 20s but older than that it just makes me think they're immature and irresponsible

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm smoking one r/n op

Actually technically it's a spliff but I had a normal ciggy earlier so w/e

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Also

Honky Dong Country posted:

I like smoking a lot but I'm due to make another attempt at quitting.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Honky Dong Country posted:

Oh don't get me wrong I'll still prolly smoke cigars and pipes on Sundays or something but yeah I'm overdue to try to drop cigarettes again.

E: also godamn man that first smoke of the day when you're addicted af is absolutely amazing. Same goes for that smoke after a meal and the smoke right after fuckin.

smoke + coffee = the best part of waking up tbqh

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

I've been smoke free a few days while attending a wedding and Im excited to be back home and dragging a c i g

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I had a gbs thread once called the smoking megathread and a mod got confused and moved it to CCCC. I kept bumping it several timea a day till someone realised it was 20 pages of me posting "smoking rn" by myself and looked it

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Isaac posted:

I had a gbs thread once called the smoking megathread and a mod got confused and moved it to CCCC. I kept bumping it several timea a day till someone realised it was 20 pages of me posting "smoking rn" by myself and looked it

Lol

You're home again

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I've been thinking bout switching to one of those plain jane vaporisers, or maybe not switching but using it to cut down on the amount of actual cigarettes I'm smoking. Patches and gum just don't work idk. Something bout the actual act of smoking seems to complete the desired nicotine effect for me.

Mostly I just want to quit smoking inside b/c it's a bitch having to clean my computer like 5x more often than I would if I didn't smoke inside!!!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

pants: sir we have liftoff

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

esperterra posted:

Heck yeah a double espresso and a dart to get the machine going

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

the tobacco thread is the worst smelling thread in tcc and that says a lot

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

esperterra posted:

yes but we arent talking about weed itt

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

poverty goat posted:

yes but we arent talking about weed itt

applies to both tbh

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
Smoking is fun but it makes you smell like rear end. Fresh tobacco smoke is nice, but smokers smell like ashtrays and piss.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
I smoke at work because work stresses me the eff out. I smoke on my biannual get-together days because they happen twice a year, and I can use them to pretend I'm not boring now.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Aardark posted:

Caring about looking cool is the opposite of cool though.

Careful there, you don't want to let out the secret that cigarettes are basically fedoras that give you cancer.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
I’m smoking an American Spirit Light Blue rn in scenic Dayton, Ohio!

pixie delights
Mar 31, 2005
oy.
What a timely thread. I bought a pack three days ago after having quit for 8 months. I've lost count of how many times I've quit and started back up at this point.

I genuinely love smoking. I actually like the smell. I like having something to do with my hands. I like the taste. I like having a reason to step outside, into my peaceful backyard, multiple times a day/night. It's good poo poo.

buuuuuut I have young kids now. I wear a hat, gloves, and coat every time I break down and light up because of third hand smoke exposure concerns.

I'm going to enjoy this pack, and then get back on the snus wagon.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Smoking on the fire escape w/ a cup of coffee.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

pixie delights posted:

What a timely thread. I bought a pack three days ago after having quit for 8 months. I've lost count of how many times I've quit and started back up at this point.

I genuinely love smoking. I actually like the smell. I like having something to do with my hands. I like the taste. I like having a reason to step outside, into my peaceful backyard, multiple times a day/night. It's good poo poo.

buuuuuut I have young kids now. I wear a hat, gloves, and coat every time I break down and light up because of third hand smoke exposure concerns.

I'm going to enjoy this pack, and then get back on the snus wagon.

I was with you up til you mentioned the snus

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
How is my butt supposed to know when I need to poop if I don't smoke

pixie delights
Mar 31, 2005
oy.

esperterra posted:

I was with you up til you mentioned the snus

I tried ecigs, but I felt like it just made my nicotine addiction worse, and it doesn't really satisfy the same way. Patches suck. Chantix hosed with my head badly. I've gone cold-turkey successfully in the past, but only when pregnant (first sign every time - cigarettes suddenly tasted like the poo poo they are).

Snus works for me. It definitely has drawbacks - horrible for my gums and makes my face look a little weird when I have one in - but at least the negative impacts only affect myself.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

berth ell pup posted:

I’m smoking an American Spirit Light Blue rn in scenic Dayton, Ohio!

Noice

Parliament lights were my starter brand, then djarums during my depressive emo phase, then Marlboro lights during my hitchhiking couch surfer phase, now it's American Spirits Yellow since I have a salary and savings and my own place

Matryoshka SexDoll
Feb 24, 2016

Bad Habit

Kazak posted:

Noice

Parliament lights were my starter brand, then djarums during my depressive emo phase, then Marlboro lights during my hitchhiking couch surfer phase, now it's American Spirits Yellow since I have a salary and savings and my own place

Any time I try to switch back to a cheaper brand I inevitably end up chainsmoking two anyway.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I used to smoke duMaurier but they hit like 13 a pack so I switched to Next, which were like 8 a pack. Now Next are nearly 14 and the cheapest shittiest brand after it is 12.75 so gently caress it lmfao

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I used to roll my own. Only way I was able to quit was to just refuse to go into any shop that sold tobacco for like 2 months.
I still smoked everything I had left, and let me tell you there's a special kind of shame in scraping up the dried out, months old tobacco dust from the bottom of the tin you keep all your stuff in just to make one last desperate cigarette.

cardiacarrest123
Apr 10, 2016

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

How is my butt supposed to know when I need to poop if I don't smoke

Try drinking coffee with your cigs until your body is confused and doesn’t know which stimulus is suppose to make it poo poo then cut out the cigs and coffee by itself will probably still make you blast a dookie

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Smoking is amazing especially if you can comfortably afford the ever inflating pack prices, also indefinite and invasive healthcare past age 50

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I enjoy the habit of smoking personally, the heat, the social aspect, getting more work breaks than healthy people. P great. I despise urges, for anything, with weed I never crave so it wins out enough for me to quit the other

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

smoking weed owns for sure

i like the smell of those djarum blacks or whatever but smoking is not my bag baby

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

esperterra posted:

I used to smoke duMaurier but they hit like 13 a pack so I switched to Next, which were like 8 a pack. Now Next are nearly 14 and the cheapest shittiest brand after it is 12.75 so gently caress it lmfao

duMaurier is up to like 17-18 a pack in my province lmao

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Smoking is cool, it makes you look cool, tastes good, smells good, gives you a confidence boost, good way to talk to chicks, antiseptic, dries out phlegm and keeps you from grinding your teeth. :hmmyes:

Kyron
Aug 6, 2013

The highlight of my life thus far was working a summer job on a college campus where I got a free apartment to live in and only had to work like 5 hours a week maintaining a website that I could remotely work on. Basically every single day I would roll out of bed at like 11 am and just play videogames and smoke Cheyanne cigarettes all day while friends who lived in the area would come over sporadically and drink with me. That experience kinda hosed me for life cause I love smoking more than anything now. Whenever I smell tobacco burning I immediately associate it with a fantastic time in my life and it instantly puts me in a good mood along with the nice buzz you get from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ill occasionally buy and smoke a pack of american spirit yellows

• Locked thread