Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Pawn 17 posted:

Who cleans up all the bodies the day after?

It only seems fair that if you purged someone, it’s on you to clean it up the next day.

Oh, I’m sorry, it’s your parents’ 50th anniversary party today? Guess you shoulda thought about that before blowing up that city bus! Also, your parents got purged, so looks like your schedule’s free!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I think you miss the point of the movies that the only people who actually do much enthusiastic purging and don't get purged themselves in the process are the rich and the army, everyone else mostly just emerges from their fortified homes if they didn't get burnt down.

Also probably lots of spousal and child murder.

Also the first movie implies that you will probably incite your neighbors to kill you if you don't quit upgrading your house, I mean come on he was doing you all a favor by driving the comps up

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
What's the best movie to watch first if I want to invest into The Purge Mythology?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
The first one is self contained, 2-4 have the 'gently caress the poor' plot

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mega64 posted:

What's the best movie to watch first if I want to invest into The Purge Mythology?

the first is a home invasion movie that's about rich assholes trying to get their rich neighbor killed. the rest turn it into political satire.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream

Groovelord Neato posted:

the first is a home invasion movie that's about rich assholes trying to get their rich neighbor killed. the rest turn it into political satire.

:wrong:

It's about family

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i forgot that in the first one they do take in a black guy that's being chased by the purgers.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

What if Saw and The Purge?

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

a new study bible! posted:

What if Saw and The Purge?

What if The Purge vs. Jason?

He has to fight an entire Purge and they keep trying to Purge him.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Sawrge.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
you should totally do the purge in winter.
you dont want a city full of corpses in mid-summer.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Yolomon Wayne posted:

you should totally do the purge in winter.
you dont want a city full of corpses in mid-summer.

or do I?
:fork:

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

I mean yes, they do stay warm longer...

put the "urge" back in purge

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Good morning everyone. As you know this weekend was the purge, and there will be some changes around the office. We don’t have a full headcount yet, but so far we know that Charlie got purged and so his direct reports are going to be reporting to Ed until we find a replacement. I’m glad to see no one burned down the office this year, I take that as a sign we are all fairly satisfied. Everyone’s computers will be coming out of the bunker in the next few days, so please hold on tight and do what you can on your phones. The graffiti will be cleaned up over the duration of the week. We’ve already papered over the stuff that was a gross HR violation, and I hope to get you all back to a pleasant work environment by the end of the week.

We will be passing around a get well soon card for Krystal, our front desk receptionist, who was violently raped by Mike B weekend. She will be out recovering and in the meantime I’ve assigned Mike B to sit at the front desk and do her job.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

The Management posted:

Good morning everyone. As you know this weekend was the purge, and there will be some changes around the office. We don’t have a full headcount yet, but so far we know that Charlie got purged and so his direct reports are going to be reporting to Ed until we find a replacement. I’m glad to see no one burned down the office this year, I take that as a sign we are all fairly satisfied. Everyone’s computers will be coming out of the bunker in the next few days, so please hold on tight and do what you can on your phones. The graffiti will be cleaned up over the duration of the week. We’ve already papered over the stuff that was a gross HR violation, and I hope to get you all back to a pleasant work environment by the end of the week.

We will be passing around a get well soon card for Krystal, our front desk receptionist, who was violently raped by Mike B weekend. She will be out recovering and in the meantime I’ve assigned Mike B to sit at the front desk and do her job.

hmm, a job would probably fire Mike B for moral reasons

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

luchajones posted:

hmm, a job would probably fire Mike B for moral reasons

This has been litigated already. Firing someone for purge activities is extremely difficult as you have to prove long term financial damages caused by their actions. That’s just setting us up for a lawsuit. We all love Krystal and appreciate everything she does for us, so as you can imagine Mike B is going to be fairly unpopular around the office for a while.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Probably a lot of bullshit and waste that is covered up because it gratifies the rage of the upper crust, OP

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em
The purge would really gently caress with the insurance industry.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Ograbme posted:

Not really. Standard insurance policies would have exclusions for events taking place on purge day. You can buy purge insurance, but whoa-nelly, that'll cost you.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
the splurge: putting fun back in funeral

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Ograbme posted:

Insurance policy doesn’t cover purge damage unless your insured items are in a certified purge bunker during purge hours.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Isaac posted:

I havent seen these movies cause its the kind of thing a coworker who listens to korn would be into

The first one is kinda good, the other ones are garbage.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Ograbme posted:

One of the plot points of the third(?) movie is that you have to pay extra purge insurance or get hosed

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

a loophole into The Purge plot.

*gasp* no!

no... :(

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

steinrokkan posted:

I like a good home invasion movie. I thought The Strangers was better though.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

If the insurance companies wont give your purge insurance on the cheap...you get them during the next purge!

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

The Management posted:

Why didn’t he purge her after

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
The surge, everybody drinks that God awful soda all day and reminisces on their favorite moments from the night before ("I really enjoyed the rape," "remember when dad was murdered?" etc).

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
id terrorize the westboro baptist church while theyre denied the legal recourse they depend on. i dont hear about them anymore but im sure theyre still horrible

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

alpaca diseases posted:

Why didn’t he purge her after

Uh, so she has to live with it??

Jesus dude, think like a Purger :rolleyes:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Colonel Cancer posted:

The people who do all the murdering and raping during the purge are such chumps. The pros just sit in a bunker and infringe intellectual property, commit fraud etc.

loving this. You’ve got all year to plan a sweetass heist emptying the bank accounts of rich fucks, why waste it on Mr Logan in apartment 43? Once you’re on your own private island earning 20% you can hire someone to feed him slowly into a woodchipper any time.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
i didnt really enjoy the first, i thought the other ones were fun enough. after reading this thread it is strange that this is as political as our movies get. I had never really thought about how businesses would work afterwords.

it really makes the question of legal abortion mute tho. if you dont want the kid you just have to murder it afterwards, on Purge day. of course i guess pregnancy is life threatening to some people. and you might get attached to your baby...

but every week after purge day would be like the works program by Roosevelt. everyone would have a job cleaning up the mess left behind..

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I suppose you'd have to offload anything you stole right away, otherwise you'd be guilty of handling stolen goods... or would the goods not count as stolen if they were nicked on purge night? Important philosophical questions.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I'd have to go down to the DMV and register the new Dodge Dart I purged last night, and of course it's going to be a loving nightmare because all the people that decided to purge DMV employees the night before.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Marmaduke! posted:

I suppose you'd have to offload anything you stole right away, otherwise you'd be guilty of handling stolen goods... or would the goods not count as stolen if they were nicked on purge night? Important philosophical questions.

Negative, doesn't count. See my post right below yours.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

am i allowed to report stolen property the next day? If you have stolen items can the police get you once the purge is over?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

steinrokkan posted:

no.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i liked this movie better when it was a star trek episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
are there any actual rules?