Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Tierra del Fuego is where I've always wanted to go. If it's underwater, well...then I guess I'll learn how to live underwater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

Ill pray you be a onepunchman and not an enkidu

i read the that recently as a matter of fact. i read the epic of gilgamesh last week as a matter of fact

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Orkin Mang posted:

i read the that recently as a matter of fact. i read the epic of gilgamesh last week as a matter of fact

You don't say...

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Vato posted:

You don't say...

i did bc my life crumbled into ruins & i needed a escape. so i read it on my kindle device :) i liked humbaba and enkidus dream & all when he does to the edge of the world. much like the story of jesus it starts with a slut taking a 'proactive' approach to history

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Did the version you read include the new discoveries/translations regarding Humbaba? How he was actually sort of a protector of the forest, rather than a demon despot?

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/epic-of-gilgamesh-new-verses-discovered-worlds-oldest-story-180956844/

Fascinating stuff, only just discovered in 2015.

• Locked thread