Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Gonna close apps in the next few hours so if you've been lurking and considering applying, now's your chance! Get them in!

Also I think I've asked everyone a question and gotten a response from them, if that's not true tell me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Apps are closed.

I mean it when I say this is a super strong pool of characters, so trying to make these choices are tough. Still need to whittle down the numbers for the sake of keeping the game running smoothly, so if you didn't make it, I'm sorry. I hope you'll stick around while the game runs, and who knows, maybe at some point your character can join in.

With that out of the way, here are my picks!

Triage the Angel, played by Tricky
Torch the Battlebabe, played by Comrade Gorbash
Liliana Korinkova the Savvyhead, played by The Unlife Aquatic
Spc. Burns the Quarantine, played by Alaois
Typhon the Chopper, played by Captain Foo

Go ahead and do your Hx/highlights while I get the first post underway, hopefully we can start by the end of the week!

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Dang, I was really hoping to make the cut for this one.
Have fun!

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
I only have one question for all of you: can I trust you?

quote:

Go around again for Hx. On your turn, ask the other players which of their characters you can trust.
• For the characters you can trust, write Hx-1.
• For the characters you can’t trust, write Hx+3.

Triage-1
Liliana-1
Spc. Burns+3
Typhon-1

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Aug 14, 2018

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Triage, the Angel

quote:

On your turn, ask 1, 2, or all 3:
• Which one of you do I figure is doomed to self-destruction? Torch. For that character, write Hx-2.
• Which one of you put a hand in when it mattered, and helped me save a life? Liliana. For that character, write Hx+2.

For everyone else, write Hx+1. You keep your eyes open.

Torch -2
Burns +1
Typhon +1
Liliana +2

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Yeah, you can. Triage is the straight-forward type.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Aug 16, 2018

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
Liliana Korinkova, the Savvyhead, and Rozmazat

quote:

HX:

On your turn, ask either or both:
• Which of you is the most strange? For those characters, write Hx+1.
• Which one of you is the biggest potential problem? For that character, write Hx+2.

For everyone else, write Hx-1. You’ve got other stuff to do and other stuff to learn.

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Liliana is the premier mechanic in these parts, in a vehicle focused wasteland that means something. No one wants a mechanic who will tell your enemies about your weak gas tank or bad brake lines for a spark plug and some scrap. People rely on her to keep their ride's secrets, and she takes that seriously.

Tricky posted:

• Which one of you put a hand in when it mattered, and helped me save a life? For that character, write Hx+2.

If Tricky likes:

Once, while Liliana was doing a run from Afphron's Crossing, she came across Triage and her crew on the side of the road. The First Response's lights were flickering, and she could see people in the back. So she pulled over, and checked on them. Turns out their battery was dying, stranding them and compromising the life support for the woman they were working on. Liliana had the jump cables ready before they could finish asking for her help. She was late for her delivery, but didn't really mind.

HX

Triage: -1
Torch: +2
Spc. Burns: -1
Typhon: -1

The Unlife Aquatic fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Aug 15, 2018

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Tricky posted:

Which one of you do I figure is doomed to self-destruction? For that character, write Hx-2.
Torch probably fits here.

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

Which one of you is the biggest potential problem? For that character, write Hx+2.
And here.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Aug 14, 2018

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Torch probably fits here.

Works for me. She is afterall the only person whose as good a driver as Liliana.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Spc. Burns, the Quarantine

Hx posted:

Go around again for Hx. On your turn, ask:
• Which of you did I meet first when I emerged
from stasis?
For those characters, write Hx+1.
For everyone else, write Hx-2. You are not
from here and you do not understand.

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Shannon is decked out in top-of-the-line military equipment and a custom motorcycle that looks spotless, and seemingly emerged from the ether. No, I don't think anyone like Torch would trust her.

Triage: +1
Torch: -2
Typhon: -2
Lili Korn: -2

Alaois fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Aug 15, 2018

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Alaois posted:

Spc. Burns, the Quarantine

I could definitely see Triage being the first person Burns met.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Have fun folks! I’ll keep an eye on things for a bit just in case any replacements are needed.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Typhon

You other fuckers consider:
• Which one of you used to ride with my gang? For that character, write Hx+1.
• Which one of you figures that you could take me in a fight, if it came to it? For that character, write Hx+2.
• Which one of you once stood up to me, gang and all? For that character, write Hx+3.

The rest of you, I write Hx-1. Just not really into other people, yanno?

Torch: You can trust me. Crags can be nasty fuckers sure but we ain't fuckin' liars.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

• Which one of you figures that you could take me in a fight, if it came to it? For that character, write Hx+2.
• Which one of you once stood up to me, gang and all? For that character, write Hx+3.
I feel like these two fit for Torch, but in a pretty straightforward way.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

Typhon

Triage could fit for this. I could see him making a principled stand to protect someone in his care, even if Typhon got aggro about it.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Comrade Gorbash posted:

I feel like these two fit for Torch, but in a pretty straightforward way.

The question is, did you stand up to the gang? Or did you just sit there thinking about doing it?

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

I'm more saying if someone has a more narratively interesting idea besides "Torch is an rear end in a top hat and would have stood up to the Crags on some dumbass poo poo out of pure contrariness" they should jump in.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Comrade Gorbash posted:

I'm more saying if someone has a more narratively interesting idea besides "Torch is an rear end in a top hat and would have stood up to the Crags on some dumbass poo poo out of pure contrariness" they should jump in.

Okay, well: make the choice, did you stand up to us? or do you just figure you can take me?

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

I'm going to grab:

Tricky's idea sounds more narratively interesting than Torch just being an rear end in a top hat to more people.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

updated the hx in my sheet

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Alaois, Burns has my highlight.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Triage has mine.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Liliana has mine.

Captain Foo posted:

Triage has mine.

With a gang of animals like that, Typhon is going to need to stay Sharp.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars
For me, It's Torch.

And as for Triage: You need to stay Cool out here.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Triage also has my Hx.

Torch, the world was destroyed and everyone's mind's were scorched by something hot and fierce. You gotta be hotter and fiercer than that to survive.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Burns you come from the before times, a time of plenty, a soft time. Are you hard enough to survive in the new world?

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Aug 17, 2018

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Burns you come from the before times, a time of plenty, a soft time. Are you hard enough to survive in the new world?

It's nice of you to ask, but I think I'll wait for a second opinion from the good doctor. I think Lili is waiting for your assessment though. :v:

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Alaois posted:

It's nice of you to ask, but I think I'll wait for a second opinion from the good doctor. I think Lili is waiting for your assessment though. :v:

My fault, was on the phone and got crossed up on which avatar had gone with which post.

Lili, you definitely let people see how strange you are, but I think you try not to let on how sharp you actually are.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Alaois posted:

Triage also has my Hx.

Burns is going to need to live up to her name and keep things Hot. Y'can't face it all alone, after all.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

The road awaits.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Ha ha gently caress me I totally forgot my highlights.

Typhon, the road ahead is paved in blood. Stay hard if you wanna live.
Triage, lotta folks could use a doc. Not all of them want to play fair. Keep your wits about you and stay sharp.
Torch, your guns are the only thing that are gonna keep you going. Roll hard or die trying.
Lili, those cars loving speaking to you. It's weird, and it's the only advantage you got out there.
Burns, ain't no way you're gonna survive in this dark new world if you don't stay sharp.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars
Also, just wanna be clear, what's the update schedule? I didn't see it, but I am prone to spacing out sooo :v:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Also, just wanna be clear, what's the update schedule? I didn't see it, but I am prone to spacing out sooo :v:

I'm hoping to get an MC post every weekday, maybe missing a few here and there. Ideally I'd be able to update everyone each time but I totally get if that pace is too fast, so like three or so posts a week from y'all would be rad :) I'm very rarely on the forums on weekends so don't expect Saturday/Sunday posts.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Oh also because I didn't make this clear in the game thread: the map is obviously pretty abstract, each line connecting places represents a road. That said travel is possible to places not connected via road, it just involves off-roading. And as this is a road war game, if you ever wanna hit the open road and go somewhere else, do it!

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I am currently in the process of moving, so I may be a little slower going until things get settled. I don’t expect that 3 posts/week should be a problem, though.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars

quiggy posted:

I'm hoping to get an MC post every weekday, maybe missing a few here and there. Ideally I'd be able to update everyone each time but I totally get if that pace is too fast, so like three or so posts a week from y'all would be rad :) I'm very rarely on the forums on weekends so don't expect Saturday/Sunday posts.

Perfect for me, I have to update my own RP here on weekends.

Also, once again just to be clear because it's my first time playing AW here, do you want us to roll on Orokos and link the resultant roll or leave the rolling to you?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Perfect for me, I have to update my own RP here on weekends.

Also, once again just to be clear because it's my first time playing AW here, do you want us to roll on Orokos and link the resultant roll or leave the rolling to you?

Roll on Orokos and link it. Here's an example, this is literally just the BBcode Orokos generates:

Doin' some bullshit as an example: 2d6+1 4

(also wow what a piss-poor roll, glad I don't have to roll for anything :v:)

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

WITNESS ME!

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

MEDIOCRE, GORBASH

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

quiggy posted:

MEDIOCRE, GORBASH
:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Well, get out there and prove me wrong!

• Locked thread