Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marlboro for Cats
Apr 14, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Dubplate Fire posted:

Break man and Proto man are different?

I thought they were the same.

Rush is definitely a new dog each game though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I have a better ninja game question.

Why was the final boss of Revenge of Shinobi a fat guy who threw hair at you?

I mean, I beat up Spider-man and Godzilla's skeleton to get here, but my final challenge is a fat hairy guy?

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I did some googling for Jaquio and stumbled upon this from a random message board from back in the day:

Herman Toothrot posted:

Posted 21 August 2003 - 06:06 PM

My custom title on the Something Awful forums is a picture of NG1 Jaquio. They were supposed to put "Have a nice day." below the picture, but I guess I wasn't clear on that it was supposed to be a caption, and they just thought I was telling them to have a nice day. And I didn't feel like pursuing it further or shelling out 10 hard-earned dollars.

http://theshizz.org/forum/index.php/topic/1662-everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-jaquio/?p=20263

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Marlboro for Cats posted:

I thought they were the same.

Rush is definitely a new dog each game though

Yeah you end up fighting break man when he clones the bosses from mm2. Hes a shapeshifting robot

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

this is good

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah you end up fighting break man when he clones the bosses from mm2. Hes a shapeshifting robot

You and FAU are both wrong. That's Doc Robot. Breakman is Protoman, he's just using the name Breakman because he doesn't want to hurt Dr. Light.

trap sprung, etc. etc.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

snack eater posted:

I never made it that far because it's too hard
you get the spin slash and never lose it to another power-up so you 1-hit all enemies including bosses. hold down while attacking in the air to use a regular attack instead of using your special attack points

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
that cloak was probably to hide jaquios gunt

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

I've made a psycho call to the woman I love, I've kicked a dog to death, and now I'm going to pepper spray an acquaintance. Something... I mean, what's happened to me?
I remember that dumb Portuguese gently caress. I defeated him in that weird tower in the middle of the Amazon and made him suck my dick.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

I have a better ninja game question.

Why was the final boss of Revenge of Shinobi a fat guy who threw hair at you?

I mean, I beat up Spider-man and Godzilla's skeleton to get here, but my final challenge is a fat hairy guy?

could never beat that rear end in a top hat without infinite shurikens he was bullshit on every level

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Arrhythmia posted:

You and FAU are both wrong. That's Doc Robot. Breakman is Protoman, he's just using the name Breakman because he doesn't want to hurt Dr. Light.

trap sprung, etc. etc.

I will fukken kill you bitch

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I will fukken kill you bitch

Can't hurt me more than I've hurt myself knowing this!

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

lol but seriously I posted:

could never beat that rear end in a top hat without infinite shurikens he was bullshit on every level

You gotta have the power-booster from the previous stage then use lightning magic to protect yourself.

Or do that suicide spell. That was my first tactic. Just killed myself over and over. Time it right and that hits him twice! Not the best tactic and your girlfriend will die because the animation takes too long, but it worked!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

trap sprung, etc. etc.
Oh, okay. I thought they were supposed to be different because Breakman only has one eye

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
Remember that piece of poo poo red gargoyle gently caress from ghosts and goblins

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Kak posted:

Remember that piece of poo poo red gargoyle gently caress from ghosts and goblins

FIREBRAND!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Kak posted:

All 3 Gargoyle's Quest games are severely underrated gems for Game Boy, NES and SNES btw

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Snow Cone Capone posted:

All 3 Gargoyle's Quest games are severely underrated gems for Game Boy, NES and SNES btw

This is accurate.

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

I've made a psycho call to the woman I love, I've kicked a dog to death, and now I'm going to pepper spray an acquaintance. Something... I mean, what's happened to me?

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I had completely forgotten about this series until this post. I suddenly remember playing it on the Gameboy shortly after it came out. It was pretty fun.

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

lol

Ninja gaiden was hard as hell, gently caress the birds forever

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

Ninja Gaiden isn't that hard. What pisses me off is the final level/boss is so much harder than anything that came before it that. The difficulty suddenly ramps up from a 5 to an 8 (out of 10). Though the birds on the preceding level really are a nightmare.

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

old video games are bad

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Love Rat posted:

I remember that dumb Portuguese gently caress. I defeated him in that weird tower in the middle of the Amazon and made him suck my dick.

You know, I can believe most of this but I somehow doubt that last bit happened. Like, what button or combination of buttons do you press in order to initiate the dick sucking? Or is there a certain power up that lets you do that?

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

lizardman posted:

You know, I can believe most of this but I somehow doubt that last bit happened. Like, what button or combination of buttons do you press in order to initiate the dick sucking? Or is there a certain power up that lets you do that?

Fellatio Invitation Ninja Technique (フェラチオの招待状の術)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Two pages and no one has mentioned The Messenger yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vaYsgOHTlI

• Locked thread