Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
imagine being scared to play pokemon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Waking up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat thinking about the meta

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

My anxiety disorder prevents me from not only obtaining a driver's license but also from playing Pokemon.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dude, are you crying because of the numbers?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Dude, are you crying because of the numbers?

I love Black Ops.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Sigh. When is game freak going to make a pokemon game where you REALLY have to think and strategize, like Catan

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

Sigh. When is game freak going to make a pokemon game where you REALLY have to think and strategize, like Catan
Lmao

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

can't play pokemon due to limerance

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

gamers love numbers, the bigger the better

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Finally they did away with the intimidation factor. Always wanted to get into the simple child rpg but its difficulty wall was impenetrable

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

mfw I realize pokemon is a numbers-based jrpg :staredog:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

So uh. Should I get it or not. Lmao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Wormskull posted:

Defo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

It looks cute but probably too simple to be 60 bucks.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I’ll wait for the real Pokémon game that this is surely a prelude to. Topic Locked.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It looks pretty good to me, an adult idiot who has played the main pokemon games for many, many hundreds of hours, but I'm not sure about the motion controls. I think the consensus is that it's the perfect pokemon game to play if it's been at least ten years since the last time you played a pokemon game.

If you're deep in this bullshit like me, you know enough to decide whether you are interested in the idea of a new pokemon game that increases the quality of most of the things these games are about, but in exchange for this improvement, there's a significant decrease in the most obsessible-over gameplay numbers and over six hundred of the title characters are just plain not in the game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bongo Bill posted:

over six hundred of the title characters are just plain not in the game.

This is the dumbest part to me, it's a selling point that there's no Pokémon in this Pokémon game....

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I spent at least 80 hours on the toilet playing Pokémon blue so I could stay up all night with a light on pretending to be making GBS threads so The Original 150 has a big place in my rear end. My heart.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wormskull posted:

I spent at least 80 hours on the toilet playing Pokémon blue so I could stay up all night with a light on pretending to be making GBS threads so The Original 150 has a big place in my rear end. My heart.
Same, playing Pokemon for hours at school til they banned it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The main thing I think of when I think about marathoning Red/Blue as a kid is using one of those worm light things that plug into the side port of your gameboy color. Those things were a godsend.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

American McGay posted:

The main thing I think of when I think about marathoning Red/Blue as a kid is using one of those worm light things that plug into the side port of your gameboy color. Those things were a godsend.

The one that was the same size as the gameboy and had a magnifying glass.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I didn't have a worm light so I had to do the bathroom strat.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Ristolaz posted:

lol

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Skylark posted:

I want it cause i love dressing up my character in Pokemon Moon and I want to dress up my eevee.

:hai:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I’ll wait for the real Pokémon game that this is surely a prelude to. Topic Locked.

i'm excited for the real one. sun/moon was very nice

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sun/Moon hosed up competitive play because the stupid rear end Ultra Beasts kicked out every other pokemon out of the smogon tier lists lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Thats what happens with every single new pokemon game then all the new legendaries are banned by the next game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

who gives a poo poo about competitive pokemon and 'the meta' besides a bunch of godtierautistic smelly retards that would be ushered out of a smash melee basement party

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plutonis posted:

Sun/Moon hosed up competitive play because the stupid rear end Ultra Beasts kicked out every other pokemon out of the smogon tier lists lol

drat! Not Pokémon competitive play!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

drat! Not Pokémon competitive play!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lmfao at Bob chadfucking the assholes of Pokémon players into next week.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Two five-foot-six Brazilian men in Goku shirts, flecks of cream cheese calzone flying through the air as they shout at each other over their linked Gameboy Colors.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

@bob3 12 minutes ago
Pokémon players eat the cum that drips out of smash players asses, don’t @ me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

@bob3 12 minutes ago
Pokémon players eat the cum that drips out of smash players asses, don’t @ me

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted: