Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Holiday Traditions?
This poll is closed.
Nothing OP I hate this time of year. 7 14.29%
Get blasted drunk. 14 28.57%
Some dumb tradition no one cares about other than my family. 9 18.37%
Fat Goku Santa stuck in the loving chimney lol. 19 38.78%
Total: 30 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

start drinking at 10am on christmas day op

unfortunately im not drinking until the 29th, which will be 32 days of sobriety. so not this year. otherwise a solid plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Chinatown posted:

unfortunately im not drinking until the 29th, which will be 32 days of sobriety. so not this year. otherwise a solid plan.

wut about dat tasty, crumbly christmas herb?

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Autistic Edgy Guy posted:

wut about cocaine?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Autistic Edgy Guy posted:

wut about dat tasty, crumbly christmas herb?

i have an excellent weed pen currently so yes

NYE

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

Something something White Christmas.
Something something Snow Bunnies.
Something something Snow Queen.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

The star wars holiday special, every year.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

My family uses a christmas pineapple instead of a tree. Mostly because setting the tree up was a dumb lovely hassle and one year we just phoned it in with some fruit we had lying around. And it stuck, so for the past 10 years we pile up the gifts and rest a pineapple on top of it. We decorate the pineaple too.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
On PTO starting now, working on beconing drunk for the next 2 weeks. So far so good. Hail Satan!

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
We watch donald duck but so does everybody else in Sweden

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
I've been getting a pinata, putting a Santa hat on it, filling it with candy and restaurant gift certs, and letting my niece and nephew have at it.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Chinatown posted:

My family goes out for ~*really high end sushi*~ on Christmas Eve. We started doing this probably 6 years ago on a whim and apparently its A Thing since literally every sushi place is totally packed on Christmas Eve.

This year we have counter reservations for Omakase. :grin:

Also I made a dumb poll. THanks.

My mom and I would get sushi on Chinese New year

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
We bring an evergreen tree into our house as an act of sympathetic magic, symbolically preserving life through the perils of winter.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Applewhite posted:

We bring an evergreen tree into our house as an act of sympathetic magic, symbolically preserving life through the perils of winter.

Sorcery and subverting God's will on when it is time to go is wrong.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Applewhite posted:

Uhh except the tree dies when you bring it inside whereas it would normally live through the winter

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Uhh except the tree dies when you bring it inside whereas it would normally live through the winter

Yeah what happened to celebrating a tree in the common wood skyclad, maybe sacrifice a virgin here or there (three two one not it!! haha)

buteruc
Feb 12, 2009

We like to listen to the Reverend talk about current events, and then we all sit down to enjoy some Flavorade together.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Yeah I never really understood that part.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The tree must give it's life for the sun to return

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nut to Butt fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Dec 24, 2018

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
I put it in someones butt.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I cook a real pro fish curry on the Eve, and drink champagne as soon as I get back from walking my dog on the actual day.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

I slumber beneath a dune of ice and await the spring.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
My family like to grease up and swim across the harbor.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm a disgusting immigrant from South Africa so my holiday tradition is a small family dinner with 4 people while we share extremely sick rear end extravagant gifts because we don't have to buy presents for worthless uncles and aunts Bless God.

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003
consume as many pills heroin and methamphetamine as I possibly can while drinking alcohol heavily

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
heavy drinking until New year's day so i can resolve to be a better person

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

DICKLORD BONE posted:

consume as many pills heroin and methamphetamine as I possibly can while drinking alcohol heavily

Eating some pepper out of the shaker is a good substitute for these.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I rock a rhinestone vest while rippin' Justin to Kelly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The Dennis System posted:

I rock a rhinestone vest while rippin' Justin to Kelly.

Wow. PM me.