Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

i like how all these guys talk about Something Awful's reputation like a victorian gossip describing a fallen woman

it's OK you can admit you spent 2005 saying human being a lot on the pink forum, nobody thinks you were a darkweb turbohacker

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Mar 13, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Well. Good for Mr. @fart.

Even though he got badly owned by a furry that one time.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

KakerMix posted:

I'm convinced this is why he left SA, you can not come back from something like that. The shark was docevils extinction event
It definitely was, I mean it's not like he left that day and stopped posting forever, but the tide turned to making fun of him at that point. He was an admin and kept his star for many years after leaving fwiw.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

It definitely was, I mean it's not like he left that day and stopped posting forever, but the tide turned to making fun of him at that point. He was an admin and kept his star for many years after leaving fwiw.

"I can't believe the forum where we all made fun of things eventually made fun of me" -- @fart, A geniuos

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

It rules when a media personality or popular writer is like "oh yeah I loving loved the SA forums in college. I spent so much time on there, and cut my teeth in comedy making all my friends laugh and I learned how to write essays well too. Oh my account name? Actually, I mostly just lurked. Yeah I didn't really post that much. I don't remember what my username actually was, now that I think about it."

Hahah this literally always loving happens

E: even irl, Ive met people and they asked me how I came up online and I always mention sa. Real respect real

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Mar 14, 2019

fishhooked
Nov 14, 2006
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Nap Ghost
People dog on ol' doccy evil but he helped slush mouth eat uggs. On him that it got turned around but decent effort at least

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
he came up with the catchphrase "how do i shot web" am i am forever grateful

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Hahah this literally always loving happens

E: even irl, Ive met people and they asked me how I came up online and I always mention sa. Real respect real

Like you'll see some guy referencing Zybourne Clock in media but you'll never find out their username so that nobody gets to find out the time they carved the word "tane" into their arm with am exactoknife

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
the shark thing I will admit was pretty hard to come back from but honestly the edward scissorhands thing was funny as poo poo

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
That dude acting all cool about eat the eggs and then getting owned in real life with eggs was loving hysterical

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
DocEvil did some hysterical things and is a funny dude, but lol did he get owned by a guy in a shark costume and smash mouth

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Demon Of The Fall posted:

DocEvil did some hysterical things and is a funny dude, but lol did he get owned by a guy in a shark costume and smash mouth

Lol getting owned by Smash Mouth.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Moon Atari posted:

Many popular twitter posters and podcasters reference jokes specifically from this forum fairly frequently, and occasionally admit to having grown up here. But rather then say how it is an good place to post or recommending it they act all bashful and coy, or make reference to denigrating goon stereotypes. Even if the stereotypes are 100% true they are broadcasting to twitter, the toilet of the internet and downfall of society. There are infinite amounts of lovely people on that platform, so it isn't like our internet hole stinks worse than anyone else's. They should all be willing to give a shout out to the source of whatever they are referencing every now and then.

telling outsiders that this place sucks is a storied tradition going back to the beginning

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Lol getting owned by Smash Mouth.

you could say he got "shrekt"

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka's patreon now up to 12.2k/month hot drat

The forums are saved, xenforo 2.0 we're comin on home baby

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

JakeP posted:

I am now erekt.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Lowtax has contributed so much to comedy on the internet. His influence is huge, even if people don't know it. The underlying culture of the internet originates from this place, and will come permeate the mainstream, and carry on far far into the future.

A genius dying sick and broke is getting pretty cliche though. I hope people can come together to support him.

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

Didn't this guy invent the cuck meme

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Rex-Goliath posted:

telling outsiders that this place sucks is a storied tradition going back to the beginning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdUHDDj7fhk

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Galaxander posted:

Didn't this guy invent the cuck meme
Like most memes, it seems to have started here. Also like most memes, the word was filtered for a while, well before it could be beaten like a dead horse. That is, before it ever went mainstream.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I remember when DocEvil would ban anyone who would post his GBS camgirl wifes gross misshapen titties

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Wizard Master posted:

I remember when DocEvil would ban anyone who would post his GBS camgirl wife’s gross misshapen titties

Wtf

I was here for the eggs but clearly did not pay enough attention.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Sintax posted:

Lowtax has contributed so much to comedy on the internet. His influence is huge, even if people don't know it. The underlying culture of the internet originates from this place, and will come permeate the mainstream, and carry on far far into the future.

A genius dying sick and broke is getting pretty cliche though. I hope people can come together to support him.

vincent van kyanka

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

He was pretty funny a lot of the time, including when he became the butt of the joke. Maybe we should try posting nice things about him, so as to lure him back.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Moon Atari posted:

He was pretty funny a lot of the time, including when he became the butt of the joke. Maybe we should try posting nice things about him, so as to lure him back.

pictures of sharks, but saying they're sorry

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Please remind me to draw more often.
Soiled Meat
DocEvil brought the word " burgin' " into my vocabulary. I'm thankful for that.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

JakeP posted:

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
I liked him in Hot Tub Time Machine

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I think his brutal public humiliation makes him more likable as a jokesman. Whether dropping the sick burns or being such an easy target as to provoke them being dropped on you, it's still humour to me.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Mooey Cow posted:

Well. Good for Mr. @fart.

Even though he got badly owned by a furry that one time.

"a" furry, "one" time?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

It rules when a media personality or popular writer is like "oh yeah I loving loved the SA forums in college. I spent so much time on there, and cut my teeth in comedy making all my friends laugh and I learned how to write essays well too. Oh my account name? Actually, I mostly just lurked. Yeah I didn't really post that much. I don't remember what my username actually was, now that I think about it."

Even better is when they apologize and say it was a different era back then and they wish they could take back all the problematic and bigoted jokes they once made

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Wizard Master posted:

I remember when DocEvil would ban anyone who would post his GBS camgirl wifes gross misshapen titties

Post the tist

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Wait, is Jon Fart a big deal on twitter or something?

All I remember about him is he got owned by Smashmouth of all people

His phone was pink, like fyad

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I bet the @fart handle itself is worth millions nowadays

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
Hendren came up with the egg challenge.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

We should be glad he hasn't sold out and traded the rights to the @fart handle over to a corporation.

fdjkbnadjnbkjldaf
Mar 2, 2016
It's weird seeing these super leftist fyad dudes on twitter and then looking at their posts here where they say the f slur or the n word or they try to bully a suicidal teenager into suicide. These guys are fuckin freaks with gigantic personality disorders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

fdjkbnadjnbkjldaf posted:

It's weird seeing these super leftist fyad dudes on twitter and then looking at their posts here where they say the f slur or the n word or they try to bully a suicidal teenager into suicide. These guys are fuckin freaks with gigantic personality disorders.

Name one "Super Leftist FYAD Dude" on Twitter. I'll wait.