Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Savage For The Winjun posted:

a version of moron kombat 11

Welcome friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

SHARIA LAW SCHOOL posted:

what was th game that was formatted like the pages of a comic book

comix zone?

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

oh wow yeah i liked that one

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

SHARIA LAW SCHOOL posted:

oh wow yeah i liked that one

It was designed to infuriate people like it was still a god drat arcade game or something but man that aesthetic

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Why can't anyone ever name a good SNES game that isn't just "the start of this GAMING LEGEND, that's still going today, buy every game in the series, and then buy them again, they're great because it's gaming history!!"?

Genesis had variety.

Shinobi. Golden Axe. Streets of Rage. Altered Beast. Even a bunch of Disney tie-in platformers that were really good. Yeah, nobody is releasing a new one of these every two years, but that's not a bad thing.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Why can't anyone ever name a good SNES game that isn't just "the start of this GAMING LEGEND, that's still going today, buy every game in the series, and then buy them again, they're great because it's gaming history!!"?

Genesis had variety.

Shinobi. Golden Axe. Streets of Rage. Altered Beast. Even a bunch of Disney tie-in platformers that were really good. Yeah, nobody is releasing a new one of these every two years, but that's not a bad thing.

SNES had Chrono Trigger.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Genesis had variety.

Act Raiser bitch

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Genesis had variety.

Excite Bike

Super Dodgeball

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.

Genesis had variety.

Twisted Tales of Spike Mcfang
Uniracers
Super Adventure Island 2 (the good one)

Granted sega had Vectorman and the superior Earthworm Jim

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

nullEntityRNG posted:

Twisted Tales of Spike Mcfang
Uniracers
Super Adventure Island 2 (the good one)

Granted sega had Vectorman and the superior Earthworm Jim

gently caress yeah someone else who played Spike McFang

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Joe and Mac

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

kazr posted:

Joe and Mac

lol

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
What was the BS "technical" term that Sega came up with to prove that it was better than the SNES hardware wise?

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.

Sid Vicious posted:

gently caress yeah someone else who played Spike McFang

loving has amazing music.

gently caress the last boss, though. Told to rush back to the start, and my stupid rear end kid brain went and used teleport card and broke the game scripting that locked me out of the trigger that actually ended the game.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

:cool:

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeluME8uEwo

:pcgaming:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Blistex posted:

What was the BS "technical" term that Sega came up with to prove that it was better than the SNES hardware wise?

It had more bits or something didn't it?

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
Welcome to your dooma!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Blistex posted:

blast processing wasn't real?

I have wasted my life

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

blast processing wasn't real?

I have wasted my life

Guess again

https://youtu.be/rvvL6S5Buiw

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

I used to think blast processing was a joke. Now I have confirmation

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
More like Atari does what Genesishan't

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
NBA Jam was trash on genesis tho. The uncensored Mortal Kombat is cool.

Mr. Bones
Jan 2, 2011

ain't no law says a skeleton can't play the blues

Can somebody translate this into normal people language, please?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Mr. Bones posted:

NERD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that's about it

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1pJYR2MjPk

a video of a game so cool sega has BANNED EMBEDDING in this thread

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Mr. Bones posted:

It's an actual thing, but nobody ever used it, especially Sega.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
The Genesis Shadowrun game was better than the SNES one and remains one of my all-time favourites.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
How do you fight reptile??

Mr. Bones
Jan 2, 2011

Blistex posted:

It's an actual thing, but nobody ever used it, especially Sega.

Okay, from what little it could decipher I guess it lets you have more slightly more than 64 colours on a still image? wow, real big achievement, I bet that would've made the games waaaaay more fun :laffo:

A Link to the Past? Who the gently caress needs it? Check out all the colours on this title screen! There's DOZENS of them! :eyepop:

SNES can show 256 at once out of a total of a couple thousand, but I guess that's almost as good

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

The Sega kids always had hosed up families or something. And you could always tell which kids they were before they even brought up video games.

I had a friend in middle school who was Mormon. his parents would only allow him to play 1 hour of Turbo Grafx-16 per day.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZVdR19E5mU

Mr. Bones
Jan 2, 2011

Rutibex posted:

I had a friend in middle school who was Mormon. his parents would only allow him to play 1 hour of Turbo Grafx-16 per day.

lol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

If Sega hadn't been so mismanaged, they could have come out on top. They made some really cool poo poo, and could have been a real player, but they made a bunch of dumbshit decisions that wasted precious money and time against Sony, which had a lot more of both time, money, and sense.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Toejam & Earl ruled so hard

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Beep beep bopp listen to snes game music on genesis sound hardware

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMZJ6oQayAU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Last Chance posted:

If Sega hadn't been so mismanaged, they could have come out on top. They made some really cool poo poo, and could have been a real player, but they made a bunch of dumbshit decisions that wasted precious money and time against Sony, which had a lot more of both time, money, and sense.

dude, I love and own a dreamcast, but the PS2 will always kick its rear end

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

dude, I love and own a dreamcast, but the PS2 will always kick its rear end

As a poor person who had a friend with a CD burner the Dreamcast was a god send

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Sid Vicious posted: