Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Zoltan Mesko (rest in power) :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Ok. some updates. Currently we have 3 open spots along with some previous owners who have not checked in. If you got any buddies that might want in, we are 25 days out from the draft, lets fill this thing. Also, Silly Burrito had been kind enough to take over JetsGuy's old spot and will be acting as a Deputy Commissioner. I will still be doing my best to accommodate every request, but if something does come up that requires urgent attention and I am MiA for some reason, he will be able to take care of it.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Seeing as i'm down to 1 fantasy league this year, i'd be interested in being embarrassed by my fellow goons. Throw me on the waitlist.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

MakaVillian posted:

Seeing as i'm down to 1 fantasy league this year, i'd be interested in being embarrassed by my fellow goons. Throw me on the waitlist.

No need for a waitlist, you're in. PM me an email address that is good for you and I will set you up with a team.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Somehow I’ve ended up at the top of several waitlists and I’m nearing my fantasy limit. I’m happy to stay in to keep things running smoothly, but if someone else wants in feel free to give them my spot.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

We still have one open spot and 3 previous members that have not checked in. I will hold their spots until the 11th as promised, but it looks like there might be a good bit of turnover this year. I am going to post in the general FF thread that we have some openings and hopefully that will drum up a few bites.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Eh, what the hell, let me in on this madness.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

I’d love to give it a shot, always loved following the madness of this league. But I’ve got some big IRL stuff coming up I need to deal with and I’m already at my usual league limit. Like I said though I’ll stay in if you need me.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Aaaaaand in with a crappy placeholder name while I agonize over the most important decision of all: what terrible pun should I inflict on this team?

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
Waitlist me in case someone drops out. One of my other leagues didn't make it this year....

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Yuzenn posted:

Waitlist me in case someone drops out. One of my other leagues didn't make it this year....

It is past the deadline for last year's players to check in and I have a few who have not. You're in, PM me your email so I can set you up with a team.

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

I'll hop in if you still got the room - sending you a pm.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

punch drunk posted:

I'll hop in if you still got the room - sending you a pm.

Sent you an email, welcome to the league.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

darkwolf220 posted:

It is past the deadline for last year's players to check in and I have a few who have not. You're in, PM me your email so I can set you up with a team.

Done!

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Is this still HPPR or PPR? I'll sign up

Answer to the question: No. Average scoring jumped to 23.3 last year, playing DST already sucks enough as is, minus points at 25 is ridiculous.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

AnacondaHL posted:

Is this still HPPR or PPR? I'll sign up

Answer to the question: No. Average scoring jumped to 23.3 last year, playing DST already sucks enough as is, minus points at 25 is ridiculous.

Send me a PM and I will get you a team. Not sure what an 'HPPR' is, but we are doing .5pts PPR. It worked out well for us last year.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

darkwolf220 posted:

Send me a PM and I will get you a team. Not sure what an 'HPPR' is, but we are doing .5pts PPR. It worked out well for us last year.

I assume hppr is half point per reception.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

HPPR is "huge penis, please respond"

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Aug 14, 2019

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

Aaaaaand in with a crappy placeholder name while I agonize over the most important decision of all: what terrible pun should I inflict on this team?

Quiet Feet posted:

HPPR is "huge penis, please respond"

I think you answered your own question.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

I think you answered your own question.

This team name is now canon please no further questions about penis size.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

I.... I think we did it. If someone else pops up, I'll point them in your direction Lock, but I get the feeling you're stuck with us this year, and I appreciate it.

Regarding the point scheme, it doesn't seem like there is any real support to re-institute negative points, so I are going to leave it be.

When I draw up the schedule, I will be shuffling around the OOC games, as desired. Not sure when I am going to tackle that beast, sometime between now and a couple days before kickoff of the first game. ESPN will auto-schedule you, ignore that matchup. I will notify everyone HERE when the schedule is up for real.

Good luck everyone, have fun :)

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

Thanks! It’s been a while since I’ve tried to tackle 4 leagues, but I’m still excited to be here.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Lock posted:

Thanks! It’s been a while since I’ve tried to tackle 4 leagues, but I’m still excited to be here.

You say that now, but just wait until you’re desperate for a quarterback for a bye week to stay in the playoff hunt and you thank God that Pecota will trade you his Nick Mullens. And you’re very happy to start a Nick Mullens.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Silly Burrito posted:

You say that now, but just wait until you’re desperate for a quarterback for a bye week to stay in the playoff hunt and you thank God that Pecota will trade you his Nick Mullens. And you’re very happy to start a Nick Mullens.

Never forget championship game MVP Christian Ponder.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Would I sound mad if that is the exact reason I wanted in??

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Lock posted:

I think you’ll fit in quite nicely with the rest of us then. :hfive:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Lock posted:

I mean, kinda? I want that to happen to other people.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Has the final draft order been set?

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

MakaVillian posted:

Has the final draft order been set?

Coming this week!

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Is the draft still Sunday? Have not seen it mentioned here, but that is what ESPN says.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Pain of Mind posted:

Is the draft still Sunday? Have not seen it mentioned here, but that is what ESPN says.

2nd line of the first post:

"CURRENT DRAFT IS LISTED AT Sun, Aug 25, 2019, 8PM EASTERN TIME"

Good luck everyone else, y'all are hosed. Draft order dropping tonight!

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

And here it is:

Boudin Ballers
Superstars
Fraisers
Peppercorns
Bush
Penis
Quontum
Banks
Epstein's Tight End Memorial
New Team
Crab Legs Emporium
Freeneys
Status
We want the Rouge
Rib Factory
Sleepers
Flowers for Edgerinn
PoM
Taco
Merry-go-round

Plot away, see everyone Sunday.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

Well this is an inauspicious start. Didn’t double-check the draft date as usually I’m free anytime Sunday. But I’mma gonna have to autodraft as I have a random work thing then.

This will be an interesting season.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Lock posted:

Well this is an inauspicious start. Didn’t double-check the draft date as usually I’m free anytime Sunday. But I’mma gonna have to autodraft as I have a random work thing then.

This will be an interesting season.

You can still set your preferred picks, and you can also draft from your phone if you can sneak away. It doesn’t have to be completely autodraft.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

NINETEEN? WHY? What did I do to you?

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Last pick in a 20 team league will sure be interesting.

ANTONIO BROWN BETTER BE THERE AT PICK 20.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

The Bush-Penis 5-6 control my fate.

That is a sentance that exists now, ty goons

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

AnacondaHL posted:

The Bush-Penis 5-6 control my fate.

That is a sentance that exists now, ty goons

Bush-Penis 2020.

I'm not really digging the 6th spot. All the 1A will be gone and it's going to be a hard choice of a top WR or one of those 1B guys like Connor or Bell. Not the worst problem to have but making decisions is haaaaaard. :saddowns:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Oh boy, fourth! The only other time I've gotten to pick that high or higher was last year's Le'Veon Bell at #3!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Power of Pecota posted:

Oh boy, fourth! The only other time I've gotten to pick that high or higher was last year's Le'Veon Bell at #3!

So you're taking Zeke in the first, Melvin Gordon in the second I assume?