Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

I'm shocked by the lack of Euro royalty on that list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Molentik posted:

I'm shocked by the lack of Euro royalty on that list.

There's a lot, I just don't know any of them.

But yes, lots and lots of Euro royalty. Princess of Greece sticks out in my mind.

EDIT: Let me put it this way, if I included everyone with a title, my lists would be twice as long.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

gary oldmans diary posted:

im closing this thread until there are new developments

Jokes about dead wealthy pedophiles are in poor taste, don't you think? User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

disappointed that lowtax was never famous enough to make the list tbh

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsCM7NeFu5w

this barbara walters, right?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Since this is the GBS Jeffrey Epstein thread...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/m-i-t-media-lab-director-resigns-after-criticism-over-n1051116?cid=public-rss_20190908

MIT Media Lab director resigns after criticism over financial ties to Jeffrey Epstein

quote:

MIT's president said an article in The New Yorker "contains deeply disturbing allegations about the engagement between individuals at the Media Lab and Jeffrey Epstein."

Sept. 7, 2019, 2:47 PM PDT / Updated Sept. 7, 2019, 3:58 PM PDT
By Kalhan Rosenblatt

Joichi Ito, the director of Massachusetts Institute of Technology's prestigious Media Lab, resigned on Saturday in the wake of revelations about his acceptance of contributions from Jeffrey Epstein, the multimillionaire financier who died by suicide last month while in prison on federal charges of sex trafficking.

Ito's resignation came one day after The New Yorker detailed his financial ties to Jeffrey Epstein.

"Last night, The New Yorker published an article that contains deeply disturbing allegations about the engagement between individuals at the Media Lab and Jeffrey Epstein," MIT President L. Rafael Reif wrote in a letter to the university's community.

He called the allegations "extremely serious," saying that "they demand an immediate, thorough and independent investigation."

"This morning, I asked MIT’s General Counsel to engage a prominent law firm to design and conduct this process. I expect the firm to conduct this review as swiftly as possible, and to report back to me and to the Executive Committee of the MIT Corporation, MIT’s governing board," Reif continued.

He said that he received Ito's resignation on Saturday afternoon.

Reif called the acceptance of gifts from Epstein a "mistake of judgment" and said the university "is actively assessing how best to improve our policies, processes and procedures" in order to "prevent such mistakes in the future."

In an email to the university’s provost, which was obtained by the The New York Times, Ito wrote: “After giving the matter a great deal of thought over the past several days and weeks, I think that it is best that I resign as director of the media lab and as a professor and employee of the Institute, effective immediately.”

Anand Giridharadas, an MSNBC contributor and former New York Times columnist, resigned as a juror for MIT's Disobedience Award after the Times and other news outlets reported that Ito had taken $525,000 from Epstein for the lab and another $1.2 million for his private investment funds.

"In recent days, as the revelations about Joi Ito's deep ties to Jeffrey Epstein became known, I reached out to him and associates of his multiple times to raise questions and ask him to take responsibility," Giridharadas said in a statement emailed to NBC News on Saturday. "I was unable to get a response from him."

Giridharadas said the New Yorker article, written by Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Ronan Farrow, showed him that "it was apparently easier to get Joi's attention if you were someone like Jeffrey Epstein. Very responsive guy, if plutocratic predators were the ones emailing."

In his statement, Giridharadas said he felt that Ito did the "right thing by resigning," but added other universities, like Harvard, needed to be scrutinized for their alleged ties to Epstein.

"Universities are sacred institutions. We can no longer let them be turned into drive-through reputational laundromats for rich scoundrels," Giridharadas said.

Accused sex-trafficker Epstein, 66, died by suicide on Aug. 10 in a federal prison cell in Manhattan. He had previously served 13 months of an 18-month sentence for two Florida prostitution charges under a controversial 2008 deal that also required him to register as a sex offender.

MIT declined to comment beyond Reif's letter to the community. NBC News was not immediately able to reach Ito for comment.

New Yorker Article about MIT Media Labs and J. Epstein : https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/how-an-elite-university-research-center-concealed-its-relationship-with-jeffrey-epstein

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Sep 8, 2019

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

And from what I gather, Ito was on some New York Times board, the info about Epstein and MIT was given to the NY Times months ago, but they sat on it until the above New Yorker article was published.

Gross. Really, really gross.

bones 4 beginners
Jan 7, 2018

"...a masterpiece that no one can read too often, or admire too much."

BexGu posted:

Ha ha watch Captain America be a Pedo. I bet Disney's glad he bailed out of the Marvel Universe.
That's British Chris Evans. He married Billie Piper when she was 19. He was 35 at the time I think, and was pursuing her when she was even younger. So definitely a creep before learning about any ties to Epstein.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Ronan Farrow probably has to keep his house/apartment booby trapped and secured like Mel Gibson's character in Conspiracy Theory

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
It's good that the people dealing with Epstein are getting fired and what not but none of the language from the universities sounds like they're going to attempt to do anything with those large sums of money other than keep it and wag their fingers.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

bones 4 beginners posted:

That's British Chris Evans. He married Billie Piper when she was 19. He was 35 at the time I think, and was pursuing her when she was even younger. So definitely a creep before learning about any ties to Epstein.

Good to know, I had no idea.

But yeah, MAGA-types are on social media implicating Chris Evans and Ron Perlman based on other people with the same/similar names.

And call me gullible, but somehow I don't think Minnie Driver or Dr. Ruth were in on any of the pedo stuff, so some of these names might just be social contacts and nothing else.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Wait Warren Spector the guy who made Deus Ex is on that list??

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

JK Fresco posted:

Wait Warren Spector the guy who made Deus Ex is on that list??

That's the name. I googled and he's the only one who came up. Unless there's another Warren Spector. :shrug:

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Duke of York (no name) - Prince Andrew, been in the UK media about his ties to Epstein for years, most recent article August 2019
Duchess of York (no name) - Sarah "Fergie" Ferguson, was married to Prince Andrew, divorced in 1996. Epstein allegedly cleared some of her debts.

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Sep 8, 2019

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Some dude put up all the scans of these pages on twitter weeks ago. Sorry Miami drug dude, you’re not breaking any kind of news.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

LabyaMynora posted:

That's the name. I googled and he's the only one who came up. Unless there's another Warren Spector. :shrug:
It says right there President Bear, Stearns & Co
It's this guy:
https://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/06/business/06bear.html

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

So you’re saying it’s Captain Britain who’s a pedophile?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

I'd take this with a grain of salt because the New York Post and the Daily Mirror are both tabloids.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

It says right there President Bear, Stearns & Co
It's this guy:
https://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/06/business/06bear.html

Sorry, I was having a hard time reading some of the smaller print.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I'm sure there's a ton of pedos in Hollywood and high society but these conspiratorial lists are dumb as poo poo. Didn't there use to be a conspiracy subforum for this kind of garbage

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

Vegetable posted:

I'm sure there's a ton of pedos in Hollywood and high society but these conspiratorial lists are dumb as poo poo. Didn't there use to be a conspiracy subforum for this kind of garbage

this is literally the contact list of a billionaire pedophile who owned a private jet called the "lolita express", was charged and imprisoned for trafficking underage girls, was friends with many rich and powerful people, and supposedly committed suicide while in prison under really sketchy circumstances. This isn't some "aliens live in the basement of the denver airport" poo poo.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Vegetable posted:

Have you... Like not seen literally ANY news on this in the last 6+ months entirely despite it being international headlines the entire time, or what

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

CPL593H posted:

I'd take this with a grain of salt because the New York Post and the Daily Mirror are both tabloids.

And the higher-ups of the New York Times helped cover up the Jimmy Savile case

"Disreputable" media is honestly better than the mainstream media for things like this

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Vegetable posted:

You realize that there are real conspiracies right

Criminal conspiracy isn't even a rare crime

Stop carrying water for these monsters just because they control thr media and the narrative

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Not a criminologist, but isn't the percentage of women on that list extremely high relative to the prevalence of female sexual predators? I don't think we're going to find any new sex pests thanks to one crank on youtube, a service fueled by cranks.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Shumagorath posted:

Not a criminologist, but isn't the percentage of women on that list extremely high relative to the prevalence of female sexual predators? I don't think we're going to find any new sex pests thanks to one crank on youtube, a service fueled by cranks.
In the rarified air above the glass ceiling, everyone looks down shirts

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Shumagorath posted:

Being preyed on by women is even more under-reported than being preyed upon by a man, and also taken less seriously.

I think it's also important to remember that a lot of those named might be people that Epstein lured or trapped. No matter how rich or famous someone is, theyre still people and can be clueless and kind of gullible. it's super easy for me to picture, for example, Joan Rivers getting invited to a chic yacht party and getting there and then being like what the gently caress this poo poo is creepy as hell" and getting out of there.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Bust Rodd posted:

Being preyed on by women is even more under-reported than being preyed upon by a man, and also taken less seriously.

I think it's also important to remember that a lot of those named might be people that Epstein lured or trapped. No matter how rich or famous someone is, theyre still people and can be clueless and kind of gullible. it's super easy for me to picture, for example, Joan Rivers getting invited to a chic yacht party and getting there and then being like what the gently caress this poo poo is creepy as hell" and getting out of there.

There was a teacher at my highschool that would party and have sex with the preppy male students and the admin found out and was just like eh what can you do.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Apparently Epstein worked hard to try and meet Bill Gates and eventually had him funnel money into MIT

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
MIT seems to have a lot of links to pedo poo poo

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
MIT's acclaimed Media Lab is known for its innovative work in a variety of tech-related fields. Its director, Joichi Ito, directly facilitated donations from Epstein's foundations into MIT through Media Lab.

In addition to his work at MIT, Ito founded and heads an investment company named Neoteny that funds a variety of tech-related startups which also received funding from Epstein.

🤔

ne·ot·e·ny

/nēˈät(ə)nē/

noun

the retention of juvenile features in the adult animal.

the sexual maturity of an animal while it is still in a mainly larval state, as in the axolotl.

:hmmyes:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

JK Fresco posted:

MIT's acclaimed Media Lab is known for its innovative work in a variety of tech-related fields. Its director, Joichi Ito, directly facilitated donations from Epstein's foundations into MIT through Media Lab.

In addition to his work at MIT, Ito founded and heads an investment company named Neoteny that funds a variety of tech-related startups which also received funding from Epstein.

🤔

ne·ot·e·ny

/nēˈät(ə)nē/

noun

the retention of juvenile features in the adult animal.

the sexual maturity of an animal while it is still in a mainly larval state, as in the axolotl.

:hmmyes:

Life is a goddamn tv show

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
“So it’s like a sex clone, but creepier in ways you couldn’t possibly begin to imagine”

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Koch's in Hell laughing at us because he didn't suffer any consequences to his actions in life.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Vegetable posted:

personally i also have my suspicions of those people. just my personal belief there
but like you i must insist there be at least some evidence before approving of discussion. if only there was any evidence. like testimony from dozens of witnesses or a sex island or something

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Pickwick High posted:

Here's to get you started.

https://shaunattwood.com/shaun/naming-all-of-jeffrey-epsteins-black-book-numbers-part-1/

Shaun Attwood is a British ex-con who set out to make a million in Miami in the 1990s selling ecstacy to ravers and holding raves. Stepping on the Mafia's toes he eventually got caught and jailed for a 250 year sentence. Eventually he only did about 8 yrs I think. Anyway he has a podcast and at the moment is releasing episodically some youtube videos exposing Epstein's list to the public.

Prince Andrew, Tony Blair and others are in the black book. Procurer of children for Epstein and others in the book are going missing. Attwood is producing several videos a week on youtube here is the link to his channel https://www.youtube.com/user/derickatt/videos

Enjoy

Why does some trash drugdealer have a millionaires black blook

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

This all seems pretty damning, but how much of this book is just contacts that a extremely rich financier would have in general.

Like some of these peopleare undoubtedly the sick perverts we think they are, but is this explicitly a "Black Book of Kiddie Diddlers"?

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

This wouldn't surprise me in the slightest

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

JK Fresco posted:

And the higher-ups of the New York Times helped cover up the Jimmy Savile case

"Disreputable" media is honestly better than the mainstream media for things like this
It's the paradox of tabloids. Same thing happened when the Enquirer (IIRC) broke the John Edwards affair story. When you run literally every rumor you can, sometimes you get it right. This shouldn't be confused for them being good investigative journalists. They're not. That same Enquirer did all kinds of sketch-rear end unethical poo poo with the Trump campaign. There are just times when saying "gently caress it" to the idea of ethical journalism lets you print poo poo other outlets won't.

Sitting on information* to avoid embarrassing your organization, or worse to protect someone else, is a big no-no in reporting. Doesn't matter if you're the Enquirer or USA Today. It's amazing how much the Trump years have revealed about what a mess the news industry is. The NY Post and Washington Times aren't good outlets, but the NY Times and Washington Post have failed again and again, and I'm very worried about what this will mean for the ability of American journalism to recover.

In a healthier industry this would mean some real serious conversations about both cultural norms and journalistic practices but what I'm seeing is the stagnant and unaccountable management getting more stagnant and unaccountable as papers and websites fold and get bought up by investment firms looking to turn a quick profit and resell.

*besides the much bigger topic of protecting sources

edit: Checked and it was indeed the Enquirer that broke the Edwards story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Lil Peeler posted:

This all seems pretty damning, but how much of this book is just contacts that a extremely rich financier would have in general.

Like some of these peopleare undoubtedly the sick perverts we think they are, but is this explicitly a "Black Book of Kiddie Diddlers"?

It is, quite literally and physically, the handwritten contact book of a known child sex trafficker with multiple models names as well as the names of people known to have ridden on the plane he used to traffic the models and them to and from his private island where they resided and were known to have orgies.

I'm not sure what else is needed here.

Is every single name and contact in it associated with that?
Probably not.
Should every single name and contact in it be investigated because of these actions?
What do you think?