Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lupin
Feb 21, 2007
Victoria? More affordable than Vancouver although still a tough housing market. It's beautiful, good food, good beer, the mildest winter in Canada, and probably has the most goons per person out of any city in the world.
poo poo job market though, depending on what you do for a living.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Come to New York we have crushing property taxes.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Lupin posted:

Victoria? More affordable than Vancouver although still a tough housing market. It's beautiful, good food, good beer, the mildest winter in Canada, and probably has the most goons per person out of any city in the world.

We have a department director who lives in Victoria and his commute is 2 hours each way lmfao.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Don’t really want to be one of those D&D weirdos but before Kenney got in I probably would’ve said Calgary is the most sensible place to live in Canada, reasonably large city but no commute time, easy access to public transit. We’re like six months in with Kenney and it’s like having a meth head as Premier

Now I say it’s Montreal.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Lupin posted:

A lot of albertans, well at least calgarians have this bizarre mindset that you have to have a detached house, the unfortunate times I have to go back and see my crazy family and old acquaintances they can’t believe I live in an apartment with a kid, and how could you rent instead of buying

I’m like, I have no commute anymore from 1+hr one way, we were able to get rid of a car and downgrade the remaining one, I don’t have to shovel snow, or maintain a lawn/house my quality of life in insanely higher. They don’t get it

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'll give you :10bux: to move to Cleveland.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I wish I had warm Edmonton weather, you sad pussy. You light weight nancy. You weak bodied child. You cute little muffin. You hot sultry damsel. You ferociously attractive stud.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

the kentucky quid posted:

Don’t really want to be one of those D&D weirdos but before Kenney got in I probably would’ve said Calgary is the most sensible place to live in Canada, reasonably large city but no commute time, easy access to public transit. We’re like six months in with Kenney and it’s like having a meth head as Premier

Now I say it’s Montreal.

Calgary has some absolutely insane commute times what are you on about

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

jonathan posted:

I wish I had warm Edmonton weather, you sad pussy. You light weight nancy. You weak bodied child. You cute little muffin. You hot sultry damsel. You ferociously attractive stud.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I’m moving to Montreal OP you should join me. I went to a Tim Hortons in a Couche Tard and it was better than any tim hortons I’ve ever had in Alberta

if you live in canada montreal really does seem the place to go. Problem with that is it'll eventually (if it isn't already) fill up with rich trust fund cocksuckers who bitch and moan about how much they hate it a la new york

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Do it ironically posted:

Calgary has some absolutely insane commute times what are you on about

Lmao what? Do you actually drive or are you just basing this on nothing?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Now I say it’s Montreal.

Better than Ontario, where we have a literal meth head as premier.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Lmao what? Do you actually drive or are you just basing this on nothing?

I lived in edgemont and worked downtown, winter was loving awful

I know someone who lives in sage hill, that’s a long drive, I have a relative that lives in Mackenzie towne you literally can only take Deerfoot to get downtown for work

Calgary is an urban sprawl piece of poo poo

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
You should move into Kirk Johnson's rear end in a top hat OP, it's a roomy two-bedroom and resides on some famous real-estate.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Cambridge/kitchener

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

What, you want a serious answer?

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
invest the money you would have spent moving and build a sensory deprivation chamber. Then it won’t matter where you’re living because you’ll spend all your time in the chamber bathing in utter darkness

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mega64 posted:

You should move into Kirk Johnson's rear end in a top hat OP, it's a roomy two-bedroom and resides on some famous real-estate.

Haha I was gonna say Uranus.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
the darkness is a plus but the bathing is a deal breaker

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Now what

Methanar fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Nov 10, 2019

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

RandomFerret posted:

If you want good Tim Horton's donuts, you can always move to Hamilton

And then go to Granddads Donuts where they actually still make them

Do they still have the walnut crunch?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Make an appointment with your GP for an SSRI prescription.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Thai express is disgusting

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
There is a group of emo kids sitting in front of me.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Methanar posted:

There is a group of emo kids sitting in front of me.

Emos have more friends than me lol

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Become an emo

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
https://i.imgur.com/oBaA6hj.jpg

I don't even want to finish this garbage.

Guess I'll walk around and them go home

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
move to a small mountain town outside of Vancouver and get addicted to meth OP

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

You need to try, meth

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Go as far north as possible

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Do it ironically posted:

I lived in edgemont and worked downtown, winter was loving awful

I know someone who lives in sage hill, that’s a long drive, I have a relative that lives in Mackenzie towne you literally can only take Deerfoot to get downtown for work

Calgary is an urban sprawl piece of poo poo

Lmao have you tried commuting in like Toronto dude? Calgary is a cakewalk. I live deep in the South and it’s easily less than 30 minutes getting downtown most days.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Methanar posted:

Should’ve gotten a Shawarma friend. That was a mistake. I’m going out to get one right now.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
After university a friend of mine was hired by an oil and gas company and they placed him in Grand Prairie, he said it was awful but the last straw for him was when he was leaving a bar and two drunk guys were arguing, one of the drunk guys hopped on his dually, ran the guy over (not sure if he died), then drunkenly sped away

He went back to school now works in Vancouver in a completely different discipline

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Lmao have you tried commuting in like Toronto dude? Calgary is a cakewalk. I live deep in the South and it’s easily less than 30 minutes getting downtown most days.

Enjoy your snow my dude

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Methanar posted:

Should have got bourbon st grill

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I went to Vancouver two weeks ago it was pretty cool I liked it and met a lot of cool people but cigarettes are like a million dollars a pack and also it was real rainy but that was fine

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Away all Goats posted:

Should have got bourbon st grill

Bourbon st owns.

Do it ironically posted:

Enjoy your snow my dude

I know how to drive lol. Never been an issue.

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe
My wife was just finished complaining about it being in the 40s today, and giving me a hard time because I wore a tshirt to play Ultimate in. I laugh because I don't live in a hellhole like Canada, so what should I worry about a little chill?

You're a pussy if you live anywhere in Canada Eh not near the lakes, and complain about ice (comes with the territory). Since this seems to be a *SEASONAL complaint thread for you, maybe you should get a SAD light?

http://nymag.com/strategist/article/best-sad-lamps.html

defaultluser fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Nov 10, 2019

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
buy a place with me downtown methanar and we can suck eachother off to ward off the sadness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

You can live anywhere you want in your mind OP. Have you considered a book? (I’m cold too)