Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

I didn't want to lie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I like Gůnez

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

OxMan posted:

Draconian? poo poo hasn't been draconian since the early 10s. You used to be probated for not capitalizing or using enough punctuation. The one I miss the most though is not reading the entire thread before posting being probatable. It's so loving annoyingly prevalent to see the same poo poo posted on every page of a thread and has been for a while. Also ban everyone who isn't like pretty hard left wing, and who say epstein killed himself, that ought to fix things.

I'm sorry, I didn't read the last 6 sentences of your post but I totally agree with your post. Whatever it said.

Small Gay Planet
Aug 2, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
i was perma banned 18 years ago i bought account with mummy's credit card because my brother was goon

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

OxMan posted:

Draconian? poo poo hasn't been draconian since the early 10s. You used to be probated for not capitalizing or using enough punctuation.

This was a brutal loss.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Object this!!!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
You know how many times I got probbed and bammed for being a dip poo poo and weird here?!

Well, not as much as others. But still! It's like as you get older you tend to grow in maturity and come to realize the mistakes and way you conduct yourself has to change. For the better, ya know?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
But also; lol im gay

*farts*

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I don't think I would want to meet anyone from here irl. or anyone from anywhere on the internet really

internet is full of crazies

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
You're not wrong about the internet but I got bad news about real life if you're worried about crazies

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Hammerite posted:

I don't think I would want to meet anyone from here irl. or anyone from anywhere on the internet really

All the goons I met in real life were very nice, even though one of them made me feel old by questioning why Chuck Norris was in Broforce "After all, the only thing he ever did was that stupid Texas Walker show."

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

eat my rear end op haha just playin

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

It's almost as though having basic standards filters out a lot of terrible people. Who knew?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I’d like to thank god for giving Kanye West a brain injury

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Hammerite posted:

Meeting goons is surprisingly juicy. I've met two and gotten free raspberries from one so far and both were p cool.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Literally A Person posted:

Meeting goons is surprisingly juicy. I've met two and gotten free raspberries from one so far and both were p cool.

Like the fruit or the mouth to skin experience

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

vyst posted:

Like the fruit or the mouth to skin experience

The fruit but either would have been fine really.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

OxMan posted:

Draconian? poo poo hasn't been draconian since the early 10s. You used to be probated for not capitalizing or using enough punctuation. The one I miss the most though is not reading the entire thread before posting being probatable. It's so loving annoyingly prevalent to see the same poo poo posted on every page of a thread and has been for a while. Also ban everyone who isn't like pretty hard left wing, and who say epstein killed himself, that ought to fix things.

Also, permaban everyone that double-spaces. You're not writing on a typewriter, gramps!

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lambert posted:

Also, permaban everyone that double-spaces. You're not writing on a typewriter, gramps!

Tappa tappa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAT3ztIp3Ss

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
Wait back the gently caress up OP; are you suggesting meeting people from the internet is good and great???

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Creed Reunion Tour posted:

Wait back the gently caress up OP; are you suggesting meeting people from the internet is good and great???

So far, yes. But once again sample size is n=3.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Experience

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
Hard to believe, but I'm considerably less insufferable in person. Mostly because IRL I tend to keep my mouth shut and mind my own business and just be nice to people, and not spew forth any dumb crap that pops into my head, like I do here.
OP's observation holds up.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Particularly no, generally yes.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

Julius CSAR posted:

The paywall and draconian moderation do great things. Also just straight up banning nazis for being nazis is a pretty rare thing outside of SA or like, Fanfiction.net

Exactly. Reddit may have more people, but they're also worse people.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

I went to the lowtax goon meet in Queens and was pleasantly surprised by how affable most goons were. Awkward, absolutely, but surprisingly nice

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Thanks, OP.

You're not particularly objectionable yourself. :wink:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Chomp8645 posted:

Thanks, OP.

You're not particularly objectionable yourself. :wink:

Oh. Noice.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Is this the circle jerk thread? I've got my crystal on and everything!

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Colonel Cancer posted:

Is this the circle jerk thread? I've got my crystal on and everything!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2gdbQpESNY

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

> logs into Gunescape
> spends all day in town debating chili recipies

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I don't like other points of view to my own.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
stand back everyone

im about to dunk the OP

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Chinatown posted:

stand back everyone

im about to dunk the OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ6CcEOmlYU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I saw them live. Glass was STAND SURFING the crowd. After her second pass-through back to the stage she loving fell and landed on her face. The concert ended immediately after that. It was the hypest show I've been too.

10/10

ShortyMR.CAT fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Nov 19, 2019

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

Literally A Person posted:

Cray but true. I wonder why you people are significantly less terrible to internet socialize with than other people. There has been an instance or two in which people have been down right nice. It's chilling. So uh, yeah, why don't all of you suck that much?

I mean, poo poo, who wouldn't want to hang out with these people?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771677

DeathCrabForCutie
Jul 14, 2019
oh fuc-
Every goon just makes every other goon look better by comparison

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3xsHO5p7Yg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Whoria Discordia posted:

Every goon just makes every other goon look better by comparison

It's like an Ouroboros of sweaty neck-beards.