Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Hot: +2, Cold: -1, Volatile: -1, Dark: +1
Harm: 0/4 | Experience: 1/5 | Conditions:

Oh my god, she's talking to me - she's interested in what I'm saying! This is the best day ever!

Errrr, I mean, calm yourself Hannah, of course she is - you're cool. Yeah, that's the ticket. You've totally got this in the bag, you want Juniper to think you could've asked anybody about this but with her being as hot as she is and so drat confident, why would you have bothered? "The woods?" I try to ask like it's no big deal, watching our teacher depart with a bit of alarm that I switch into feigning as being ironic when I look back towards the hottest girl in the school - she seems like she's into irony. "Sure, I can do that. Right after class then, I'll bring my camera and phone, we can do this quickly - should be fun!" I'm kinda disappointed I won't be interviewing her somewhere inside where I can have my jacket off, but maybe it's a good thing: I'll get cold, she'll see I'm shivering, she'll put an arm around me, I'll suggest somewhere for us to warm up together... I can just picture it now...

Goddammit! Spacing out again! "So uh, yeah! Seeya there then Juniper! Thanks for agreeing!" I am so smooth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot: -1, Cold: -1, Volatile: +1, Dark: +2
Harm: 0/4 | Experience: 0/5 | Conditions:

Looking over at Ms. B, I'm staring mostly because of the strangeness of what just happened, but partially to watch her go. Look, Mrs. Claus outfits are overplayed and slutty, but hey, she looks good. Eventually, I look back at uh, Hannah, who was saying something. She agreed, right. And was awkwardly thanking me. "Yeah, sure, whatever." I turn back to the staring at it with a small frown. What happened there, then? "Seeya later honey." Walking to the door, I give Hannah a slap on the rear end as I pass her. Sticking my head out of the door, I look around for Ms. B, planning on leaving early if she's out of sight already... only to see the chain sticking from her chest. I stare at it for a moment, then glance at Evelyn and Celeste. "The gently caress?"

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

Hot: -1, Cold: +1, Volatile: -1, Dark: +2
Harm: 0/4 | Experience: 2/5 | Conditions:

"Questions. Bro, what, like of course I have loving questions!!" I shout.

"Like why the gently caress am I included in this special torment, and what the gently caress does this curse have to do with anything and like, you're saying like the floating and poo poo is cuz this place is cursed and oh also I'm gonna loving go to hell for some poo poo I DIDN'T EVEN DO!? Dude, what!? Like this whole effing scenario is loving pat as poo poo but seriously Evan Easer is gonna stick Marleigh Jakobs with chains and what, have her go around warning some poo poo teachers about three ghosts so they can avoid eternal damnation? Am I high right now!? Are you!!!!? gently caress!"

@LifeGetsWorser: 2d6+1 Shutting Down Evan Easer = (3+1)+1 = 5

Womp womp.

Ok, I probably went too far there. I hadn't really gotten riled up like that since like, Tanya. Calming a little, I exhaled. "Look, sorry dude, I know you're just the messenger or whatever but could you at least do something about the chain sticking outta my goddamn chest? I know I'm being typecast super hard and the whole "chains I bore in life" line is a loving classic but given I'm a murder victim on totally unrelated circumstances maybe you and the curse can cut me a break?"

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jan 6, 2020

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: 1, Cold:2, Volatile: -1, Dark: -1

Well, I guess she possesses a low animal like cunning. That after all was the only way she could have seen through my clever scheme. Still I'm wise enough to know when I'm beaten. It's not that I'd be intimidated by her after all. I mean she may be bigger and stronger than me and leaning over me in a rather threatening manner. But I'm not scared of her at all. Still it might be wise not to poke the bear any further after all she might take a perfectly reasonable point as an insult.

"I suppose I could. Within reason of course." I said quite calmly in an attempting to defuse the situation "Just let me know when." I said "Now if you'll excuse me I-Uh Bathroom break." I said hastily as it was the only excuse I could think of to get rid of her. Not that I was feeling threatened you understand I just well you know didn't want to spend any more time in that classroom than I had too.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Hot: -1, Cold: +2, Volatile: +1, Dark: -1

"What the ever-living gently caress?" And here I thought nothing would ever phase me anymore, but apparently I was wrong. I mean, don't get me wrong, I've seen some strange poo poo, but this right here is on a whole 'nother level. I glance back at Juniper, not really sure how to explain any of this to her, so I just shrug, and say, "Don't ask me. I got no idea what's going on." Celeste's the one with experience, so I turn over to her, and say, "Alright, your the expert. What do you think we should do about that?" I gesture at the chains, "Do you think we should follow her and see where she goes?"

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Monday 12/23, 7:58am - Two Days Until Ç̶̠̞̯̗̻̺̘̺̾̀̿̽̌͆̈̈͛͐͜͜͝ḥ̵̡̡̖̤̊̓́̑̿͆̏́͊̆̕͠͝ͅr̶̛̰͌̔̆̐̀́̈́͌̈́̚̚ì̷̱͚̙̻͍͈̺̟̪̝̼͉͖̿̚ş̴̢̠̖̺̤͈͈̳͙͔̲̜̣͐̓̓̐̈̉̉̌͛͋̉̂̂͝t̶̨͔̘͕̯͙͈̣͎̙͑͐̿̓m̷̢͚̞̦̬̪̤̩͙̽̒͂͊̒̈́̔̽̀͂̿̚ȁ̷̧̧̙̰̭͕̦̝̙̻͈̝͙ͅs̴̟͉̜̞̯̺̀̈́̈́̑͋̒

Everyone: A sudden tingle starts at the base of your neck, then grows stronger and stronger, spreading to your back, your shoulders, your arms, your torso. The world tingles as well - sharpening, dimming, tearing at the edges. Everything gets saturated with color, then fades to grey, and then black. The feeling of the floor beneath you, the warmth of the room, even your clothes - it all fades away until you're just floating in nothingness. Eternal blackness in all directions. Nobody in sight.

Slowly, it returns. A low hum turns into a beat. Your clothes are back, but different. The world fades back in. It's all... oh no... This isn't right.

C̴̛̱̽ḩ̴̌̃̅r̵̪͚̉̐ĭ̸̜̊ͅs̴͈̙̅͐̕t̸͇͆͂̒͜m̵̦͔̑̈́̑a̵̗͖͊s̷̺̮͉̾̕ ̴̼̔̅E̸̹͙͒̕v̷̱̇̀ė̷̻̣̟ T̶̨̻̋̋̏-̵̦͗̈́̄T̵͚͚̗͌͊̐-̵͖͐̋̀T̶̳͇̯́̕-Friday 12/24/1985, 8:54pm - Christmas Eve

Everyone: You're back in homeroom, but it's not your homeroom. Some of your classmates are here, but not all of them. Garish streamers decorate the room in reds and greens. The furniture is all different and in different places. A poster for something called "Disco Night" is on the wall, next to an "Elect Reagan" flyer with Reagan crossed out and "Madonna" scribbled in below. You look down at your clothes. Yep, it's the '80s. What do you look like?

The door suddenly slams open, and in walks a boy dressed totally rad kay?

"About time you showed up!" he shouts, then shrugs with a wry smile, "Heh, you guys almost missed the party!" He pulls out a pair of sunglasses and puts them on, then poses a little bit. "You guys are still shell-shocked, huh? Have fun with it!"

Marleigh: You immediately recognize who this is - one of the ghosts you need to help to lift the curse. Why do you find yourself somehow drawn to him?

He gains a String on you

The boy continues, "Alright, intro time. It's 1985. You're all from the future. I'm a sick rear end spirit," he lowers his sunglasses with his finger and looks out at you over them," named Zack." Glasses back up. "And we... are on a mission!"

Juniper: Krampus pipes up right about now. "Oh, what the gently caress is this?!" he croaks out, "A time curse?! With this jackass?" He clearly knows Zack, and more about what's going on. What do you ask him?

Zack makes another pose. "Okay, I guess technically you can call me the Retro Ghost of Christmas. 'Zack' is just, like, way more rad." He frowns as some of you are clearly recovering. "Aite, you guys take a sec and jazz your poo poo up, when you're ready, the party is over in the Rec Room." With that, he walks out. (But you can go catch up to him if you want!)

Celeste: What do you think of the current situation? Why do you feel that this might be related to the reason Santa sent you to this school?

Evelyn: You just time traveled to the 80s. Or maybe ghost 80s? What kind of mischief immediately comes to mind?

Nicola: Well, I guess that's one way of getting rid of Tanya. How do you feel suddenly without your... network? You can feel some sort of tugging, however, some sort of psychic connection with somebody here and now. Somebody at the party? What do you sense from the connection? (a.k.a. describe a new Clique member as much as you would like and I'll fill in the blanks)

Hannah: Time travel? Well, at least Juniper is here. What interests you more: finding out how you traveled through time, or finding out how to get Juni alone?

Everyone: What do you do?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Hot: +2 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: +1 | Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4 | Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: Tragically Unhip

I'm caught mid-sentence when the change happens, trying to figure out how to clue in Juniper that poo poo's hosed up without admitting that I'm used to this sort of thing, but luckily the developments save me... kinda. I mean, gently caress, I don't know time travel. Is this one of those things where you save a girl from getting jumped and it turns out she's your mom and then you disappear because your dad was supposed to save her and now they never get together? Is it some sort of splintered universe? Oh, man, this could be bad. I need to like... make sure that the class doesn't gently caress the timeline, y'know, just in case it's the way time travel actually works.

I'm wrapped up enough in thoughts of impending doom I don't really realize that our looks have changed, too. It's only when I crane my head around to check if Ev and Marleigh are around that the jangle of chains attached to my... uh... "distressed leather jacket" is probably the way to describe it, but yeah. That clues me in. A hot-pink hypercolor shirt peeks through the holes in the jacket, while a big pair of poo poo-kicker boots peek out from equally distressed denim jeans. I can't say for sure, given I'm down a mirror at the moment, but my hair feels different too. I pat at it real quick, and yep. That's a pixie cut for sure. A bit of bang flicks into my field of view and it is definitely a bleached blonde. Okay, well, fine. I guess I fit in with this Zach guy at least.

I say, "Hey, uh, Zach? What the gently caress." I gesture at everything. "Why are we in the 80s? What the hell is this mission?"

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Hot: -1, Cold: +1, Volatile:-1, Dark: +2
Harm: 0/4 | Experience: 3/5 | Conditions:

So like, Evan's response apparently was to loving disappear and like, throw me back in the fuggin' classroom.

rear end in a top hat.

Oh yeah, but not before plunging me back into darkness. I've been through darkness like that - it lasts for exactly as long as one inhale, so long as that inhale lasts forever.

It was death. I know it pretty well, yeah?

Of course I don't even have, like, a second to process that before like, this technicolor nightmare comes popping into the classroom. Words like "tubular" and "totally rad" spring to mind as I glance at his outfit, followed by a healthy roll of the eyes, and like, I just know this lameo is totes the first ghost.

Gag me.

No but really despite his retro AF gear he seems dece. Maybe him, like Evan...like me, maybe he's just gotta play his part, y'know, so I can't really blame him, maybe?

poo poo I dunno. Before I can say anything though he sort of saves me the trouble and spills some beans. Not mine though, for which I'm grateful. Maybe he doesn't know, though.

I shake my head, and the dangling of earrings that weren't there a moment ago draw my attention.

Silver cross earrings. I noticed the sweater, oversized black knit and threadbare in a place or two, next. Which lead to the black nail polish. And the patterned black tights. Still had the combat boots though, at least, even if they were an older style.

I focused back up and oh god, the hair was UP and big and feathered. And I could feel the caked on makeup after a second - I felt like there was some definite Siouxie style cat eyed eyeshadows going on there.

Oh yeah, and there was a little chain necklace around my neck.

Real loving cute, Evan.

At least my notebook was still there, I realized after flipping through the composition notepad on my desk - poems and all. Even if the paper was lined. Cliche.

All in all the style was definitely 80s, but goth is goth dude, our poo poo's timeless. Kind of like me.

"Okayyy..." I breathe out. "Don't freak out Marl, you still got Morrissey and Joy Division and Bauhaus and the Banshees. The Cure, Depeche Mode...New Order soon...or wait, now? poo poo this is confusing."

I glance around, spotting Celeste...I think? "Yo, uh, Cel...sorry about earlier? There's some poo poo I probably got to talk to you about I think? Ev too maybe?" I leaned over at her, hoping the girl in the seat next to me with the pixie cut was her as always and I wasn't in my own personal Hell. I wasn't used to the sweater and it was bigger than I thought so, I sort of accidentally gave Celeste a nice view of my bra for a second. It was black too, of course. That is if she bothered to look. Probably not though, maybe too busy.

@LifeGetsWorser: 2d6-1 Turning on 80s Celeste = (2+2)-1 = 3

80s much less attractive, just taking a hard move and an xp

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm: 0/4 | Experience: 3/5 | Conditions: Tragically Unhip

I grumble something like, "Eh, whatever, what's a little tiff in the face of time travel" at Marleigh — and can I just say holy poo poo that hair is gigantic, it's like I'm getting sucked into that 'do like a freakin' black hole or something — but I do feel a little better. The twin whammy of having supernatural shenanigans to focus on and a bit of an apology has definitely pushed our beef way out of mind. I give her my best shot at a confident grin, firmly faking it until we make it back home, and say, "But yeah, Ev's legit. What's on your mind?"

The way she's leaning over, though, definitely feels like she's fishing for some comfort. Can't blame her, really, this is a lot. Even for me. Can't imagine how Marleigh must be taking this. I put a hand on her sweatered shoulder and give her a comforting squeeze. With my other hand, I swoosh my hair to the side a bit and unintentionally strike a bit of a heroic pose, the light framing me from behind. We've got this, right? No matter what's going down, me and Ev and Marleigh have taken care of worse. Probably.

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 10:37 AM
@Tricky: 2d6+2 Turning on 80s Marleigh = (4+2)+2 = 8

Usual spread, plus XP.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

As I reached for the handle of the door the room shifted around me and things went black. For a moment, for an eternity everything was black and then I was somewhere else. For a moment I felt a gut wrenching feeling like some part of me was missing. It felt as if I'd had an arm or leg cut off but a quick inventory showed all my limbs were there and I... what the hell was I wearing? Were those shoulder pads and some kind of suit ? and my hair it felt different less, straight, Had someone permed it. What was going on, where was I?

I glanced around the room and took in the incredibly dated decor and the strange boy in front of me. Which was when Celeste spoke what I should have been thinking , We were in the 80s! Was this her doing somehow? How, what why? Before I could respond I felt something tugging at my emotions. It felt... strange unreal, unnatural and yet it felt somehow totally right. There was someone nearby, at the party, they were a Dancer I think and I could feel the heat of them and they seemed to be looking for someone to love.

I had to find them, I had to know who they were and how I knew so much about about them despite never meeting them. But who were they? I had to know more. Feeling out this strange emotional connection I slumped into a chair and closed my eyes and let the feelings guide me.

@Ferrosol: 2d6 gazing about my new minion = (5+5) = 10

the visions are lucid and detailed; the visions show you what you must do, and you
carry 1 forward to doing it

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

"Well it's uhm..." Wait a second here. Did the school have like, way better heating in the 80s because I swear I'm feeling a little flush. Which again, didn't think was still possible but apparently the school's ghostliness is enough to fitz with my ghostliness. I guess so given the outfit but anyway I'm trying to distract myself from the fact that Celeste's got her hand on my shoulder and I'm uh...feeling some sort of way about it all of a sudden. Is it her hair or something? I'm really not into denim or whatever and I'm dead and all but uh...w...

Well poo poo even my narration is distracted. Quickly I clear my throat, refocusing.

I give you a string

"No uh, it's just did you see the chains and poo poo everywhere? I mean before we got cast as extras in the Breakfast Club. Cuz I did and uh, there was some kid from even further back when up the stairs and apparently there's gonna be more of this and we're supposed to be helping the teachers or something? Like, total Christmas Carol mixed with the Parent Trap or whatever." I was nervous. I referenced movies and books a lot more when I was nervous.

"I just uh, figured you ought to know first. With that thing you do, and all."

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jan 10, 2020

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

...And here I thought this'd just be another boring rear end day. Time travel. Yeah, that's a new one. Or maybe I just died for real this time, and I'm in 80s hell, cuz it sure feels that way, and... the gently caress happened to my clothes? I've got some kind of over-sized, cut-off t-shirt hanging off one shoulder, my hair's typed up in a ponytail on one-side, and are those...leg warmers? Seriously? Who the hell wears loving leg warmers? And

Oh, screw it. Sure, whatever. I'll go with whatever the hell is going on. I dunno what this "mission" this Zach prick's got in mind for us, but maybe I can have some fun while I'm here. Maybe even cause a bit of trouble. I'll go along with... whatever the gently caress it is we're doing here, for now, anyways, and wait for the perfect opportunity. Throw a monkey wrench into whatever he's got planned, and see what happens from there. It might end up screwing with the time-line or whatever, but big consequences never stopped me before, and it's not going to stop me now.

I look around, and see two people who I think are Celeste and Marleigh speaking with each other. Jesus, and here I thought the poo poo I was wearing was wild. "Hey you two," I say, getting up and walking closer to them, "Wild loving day, huh?" I grab the nearest chair. Whether someone was sitting on it, I don't really care, and move it over next to Marleigh's desk. I sit down, and lean forward, arms crossed on her desk. "First there was all that chain poo poo, and now this. What's next? A killer santa with a chainsaw?" I glance over at Marleigh, "Hey, what was up with that break down you had earlier?" I ask, my tone flat, with no hint of actual care in it, "Did some spook crawl up your desk or whatever?" I lock eyes with her, with eyes that are cold as they are uncaring about whatever her actual problems are.

quote:

@Hugzilla: 2d6+2 Turning on Marleigh = (2+2)+2 = 6

Got that XP at least!

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Friday 12/24/198X, 8:59pm - Christmas Eve

Nicola: You reach out and sense... Donna? No - that's can't be right... at least, not right in the wake of everything being so drat crazy. But still, you're sure it's not Donna. It's... her dad?!

Daniel

Whatever happened, it backdated and now you are connected to her sexy punk dad. He feels pretty hardcore, though you can see deeper into his drive to find love and let loose. Even his attitude is just a cover - he wants acceptance, and freedom. To dance, to anything. Could you be the one he's looking for? Or is that not even something you'd consider?

Everybody: Zach rolls his eyes at Celeste's questions, "Look, I'm not here to hold your hand. All I can say - this reality? It kinda doesn't really exist. But the psychic healing needed is real, so the house... made it. And we're just pawns on the chessboard, babe," He holds his hands out wide. "Enjoy the ride, it's gonna be gnarly, word?"

He nods to Evelyn and Marleigh, "Yo, you two, you're on prep. Target's in room 402, just down the hall on the right. He's the one blasting 'Don't Let's Start' on repeat. Can't, uh, miss him."

He nods at Nicola, Celeste, Juniper, and Hannah. "You four, on me. Let's get this party started."

Finish up any dialogue you want to, but there's a loving party waiting and it's the 80s!

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

I shoot Zach a withering look. It's bad enough that I got roped into this poo poo, but I seriously have to go babysit someone with some seriously poo poo taste in music? I swear to god this is some spectral hazing bullshit. And I have to bring Evelyn along? I mean, don't get me wrong, she's Celeste's friend so I guess she's cool but like, she always kind of struck me as like, an rear end in a top hat, to be honest.

Case in point, her fuckin' weirdo staredown BS she was trying for for...some reason. "Yeah, uh, kinda." I say, shrugging her off. Frankly I didn't really care who heard this part since we were all stuck in this BS together. "So like, I heard some effed up poo poo and I went to look out in the hall. I heard Mr. Ravencroft scream and I went up the stairs, and there were all these chains, and Mr. Ravencroft was like, totally getting Hellraiser'd by them and there was okay, like a legit ghost there like fuckin' Ferris Bueller over there only less played-out, and he said we gotta do this whole Charles Dickens poo poo or else we'll all be cursed or dead or whatever. So my guess is after this poo poo, we'll have to do something in our timeline and then like Blade Runner or whatever. Like, get the teachers to be less lame or whatever. I dunno, that kid Evan did a bad job of explaining and Slurm MacKenzie didn't do any better." I shoot Zach another look.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jan 13, 2020

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm: 0/4 | Experience: 4/5 | Conditions: Tragically Unhip

I say in a low voice to Ev and Marleigh, "Okay, well, might as well play along for now. At least until we get back to our time slash psychic reality or whatever the gently caress this is. Do what you need to do with this guy in 402 and let's plan on meeting back up at the party. Whatever's going on is bigger than this and we're going to need to figure out a way to short-circuit some dumbass Christmas ghosts if we're gonna make it out of this uncursed."

Take +1 ongoing if you go along with Celeste's orders.

Turning back to Zach I say, "Yeah, whatever Screech. Let's just get this party over with and on to the next haunting."

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 10:12 AM
@Tricky: 2d6-1 Shut Down Zach = (2+5)-1 = 6

XP!

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

It's like there's a picture of someone in my mind... someone I've never met and yet someone who I'm sure I know intimately. That's impossible right? It should be impossible and yet I can feel them, feel him. I can feel the need to dance and the devil may care attitude and yet I Know! I know that's just a lie and he wants to live and doesn't care what he lives for. What on earth is going on? Is this some side effect of time travel? Still perhaps I could use this strange connection. At least it meant I had one person whose motives here I understand. I could use that...

Opening my eyes I took in the little group around me and their various crimes against what passed for 80s fashion and listened to Marleighs babbling about ghosts. I understood about one word in three about what she was saying. But I understood completely what Celeste was doing. She was trying to seize control of this little group if anyone was going to be in charge it should obviously be me. After all I'm clearly the most talented and intelligent person here. turning my face towards her I stood up confidently (and shifted my shoulders uncomfortably in this ridiculous outfit) "Who died and put you in charge?" I asked sarcastically "Like you know anything about the 80s and besides I have a plan! What's your grand idea to fix this stupid mess? I mean you can't even dress right! This is the 80s! and you're dressed like.. like that! I don't need to take orders from you!"

@Ferrosol: 2d6+3 shut down celeste = (5+3)+3 = 11 giving Celeste the condition Petty Tyrant

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm: 0/4 | Experience: 4/5 | Conditions: Tragically Unhip, Petty Tyrant

I feel blood rush into my hands as Nicola comes out verbally swinging, the telltale pulse of fight or flight that I quickly bury. I mean, gently caress, I could kill her, but being a jerk doesn't make her an existential threat from Beyond. Yet.

I say, "What, jealous of my magic 80s outfit? Not surprising. I am surprised you can even fit through doors with those fuckin' pauldrons on your shoulders." I slip my jacket back, letting that hypercolor shirt out in its full glory. The hot pink ripples and shimmers to a lighter yellow in tune with my body heat, which uh. I guess serves to highlight the only part of my torso that's less hot: the bra. I flip up the leather jacket over my shoulder and stalk over to Nicola until I'm eye to fuckin' eye with her, trying to ignore how she's clearly checking me out.

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 3:06 PM
@Tricky: 2d6+2 Turn On Nicola = (6+2)+2 = 10

Taking a string and then immediately spending it.

There's maybe an inch between us as I glare at her. "Listen, you want to go? I'll take you on anywhere, even the fuckin' 80s. Now, here's the score. You sit down, shut up, and play along with the stupid ghost's plan? We're cool. You don't? I'm gonna take that loving jacket and shove it up your rear end."

Spending said string to place the condition 'Celeste's Bitch' on Nicola.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jan 14, 2020

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

I rolled my eyes, but nodded along with Celeste. Her idea was ugh, excruciating. But like, what were we gonna do without figuring anything else out, right?

Of course, before I could actually say anything in consent, Nicola pipes up with some utterly pointless bullshit. You know who that poo poo reminds me of? loving Tanya, always making everything about her at everyone else's expense. Like, no matter the loving situation just, who cares about what other people have to say, right?! Nicola's just like Tanya, I said it before, Tanya, whose bullshit lies about my being a cutter and about me stealing poo poo landed me in this hellhole to begin with. loving Nicola! It's her loving fault if it wasn't for her bullshit I never would've had to go home and visit and gotten shot, and now she's going to try the same poo poo on Celeste!? My Celeste!? I don't think so!

Gonna Use Condemned to Do So in Death here.

@LifeGetsWorser: 2d6+2 Blaming Nicola = (2+2)+2 = 6

Oof. Gonna spend my string here for +1 to give Nicola "Blamed." But I'll go ahead and be unable to speak for the rest of the scene why not?

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jan 14, 2020

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Friday 12/24/198X, 9:00pm - Christmas Eve

A bell starts tolling somewhere else in the school.

Zach jumps quickly between the girls, "Okay! We get it, meow," he holds up his hands like claws, "Let's go. Now, please?" He takes a deep breath, then under it, "Also, who the heck is Screech?..."

Friday 12/24/198X, 9:04pm - Christmas Eve - New Scene

Celeste, Nicola, Juniper and Hannah: Zach guides you down the hall to what you know as a large classroom. However, as you approach, it's clear this is something else entirely, at least for the day. Dry ice fog drifts from the open door, and bright colorful lights illuminate the hallway in bursts and strobes. '80s music is fully on, and you can hear shouting and screaming from here. You're about to enter a rager, and as you turn the corner, you see what must be the best party this school has ever seen. Or, maybe they just don't know how to burn it up right nowadays?

Dozens of students with no teachers in sight. Streamers, decorations, balloons, a disco ball, even some strobe lights. A fog machine spewing out the grey stuff while a DJ bops along to Wham! And, clearly, plenty of drugs and alcohol, cigarettes too.

Nicola: You see Daniel chilling on the wall, gazing down anybody that passes by. He pulls out a flask and takes a swig, then turns his eyes and spots you. They widen and you can feel something coming through your mental link. He's... yeah, he's super into you. What do you do?

Highlight Hot and give a highlight to Celeste

Juniper: What do you see that tempts you immediately? Do you go after it? What do you do?

Highlight Hot and give a highlight to Hannah

Hannah: A party? With Juniper? Come on, this is the perfect time to get in there, right? What's your big plan? What do you do?

Highlight Hot and give a highlight to Juniper

Celeste: Okay, time to get to business? Or do you figure you maybe have a few minutes while Ev and Marl are away? Can you afford to let loose a bit? What do you do?

Highlight Hot and give a highlight to Nicola

--

Evelyn and Marleigh: Zach's instructions are good enough and within a few minutes of walking down towards the dorm rooms, you can hear TMBG on repeat, along with somebody singing (well, trying to sing) along. Pretty badly. Soon, the person inside is in view. It's possibly the nerdiest kid you've ever seen.

Introducing... Nick!

Nick is very busy trying to pick out a jacket, but honestly his whole wardrobe needs a lot of work. According to Zach, you're supposed to... prep him? Must be for the party, right? What do you do?

Highlight Hot and highlight each other

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Harm: 0/4 | Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: Blamed, Celeste's Bitch

"I'd like to see you try..." I muttered under my breath but before things could escalate further. Zach was in between us and I made the sensible decision to let things lie for now. Although things would have to change when we get home. (Assuming we could go home..) but when I did I was going to pay someone to beat the crap out of her.

As we entered the room I took in the atmosphere with a sense of distaste. I had nothing against people having a good time of course but that didn't mean I enjoyed slumming it. And that music what the hell was that? I knew the 80s were supposed to be bad but this was aural torture. I scanned the party, looking for something of interest or at least some earplugs to block out the noise and that's when my eyes met his across a crowded room. Rather cliche I know but still if you know a better way to say it I'd like to hear it.

I knew him, I could feel him. He wanted me he needed me. It was good to be wanted good to be needed. To be worshipped perhaps? That after all was what I deserved. Seizing the moment I strode imperiously across the dance floor and flipped back a lock of my now very curly hair to get a better look at him.

/r 2d6+1 #turning on Dan

@Ferrosol: 2d6+1 turning on Dan = (6+4)+1 = 11
gaining a string and they get to choose one of the three options

I noticed with some amusement that he didn't take his eyes off of me the whole time and smirked at him. "Well and who might you be?" I asked over the sound of the music . Although there was this strange nagging feeling that I'd met him somewhere before. Which was odd because I'm sure I'd remember someone dressed that.. flamboyantly.

Celeste has proven herself to be a touch Volatile

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm: 0/4 | Experience: 4/5 | Conditions:

Nicola was lucky Zach interceded because if Celeste wasn't about to mess her up, I was gonna, I just wasn't sure how...

Anyway, walking down the hallway with Ev, I piped up. "So uh...weird poo poo, huh? I wonder why Zach wanted us to get this guy? It's not like we're the biggest cheerleaders around. Uh, not that you're not uh...sociable just that you always seemed sort of uh..." Creepy. Violent. Angry. "...aloof." I paused, thinking for a second. Did I come off that way? Well, maybe, whatever. Not like I cared what other people think. Except Celeste.

Still, I was probably the worst possible entity to convince someone else to do something. But Ev can be intimidating...er, persuasive. And browbeating definitely works. So I just had to persuade her to persuade this dweeb first.

"So Uh...you wanna do the talking here? I just figure your whole uh, gym bunny thing's gotta be more approachable than this hair. Besides, it's kind of a cute look on you." I try my best to smile coyly.

@LifeGetsWorser: 2d6-1 turning on 80's Evelyn = (6+2)-1 = 7

Oh yay. Take your pick and I'll mark xp for Hot.

Also I need you to be mean to this dork, so do what you do best and highlight Cold

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jan 21, 2020

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Nicola: Well, if your desired effect was "drop 'em dead," you got it. Dan's eyes widen as you approach and he all but drools down his shirt once you start talking to him. He blinks, then responds, stammering out, "Uh, D-Dan." He extends out a hand to you, then stares at it dumbly.

Yeah, he's yours to do basically anything with.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Hot: +2, Cold: -1, Volatile: -1, Dark: +1

I swear to loving Jehovah I am so sick of people and their drugs around here! There is like, no other explanation for all this bullshit that's occurring right now - somebody slipped entirely too much LSD into my morning coffee, and I am flatout tripping balls right now. Either that, or all of a sudden supernatural stuff is real, which is obviously impossible, so the rational explanation is that I've been drugged to the gills against my will. My parents sent me here because of pot - one time! - and now this is the second time (that I know of) that I've been on hardcore hallucinogens. Such. Bullshit!

Like, this HAS to be an elaborate trip. For starters, what I'm wearing? I always wear a hoodie, a dark t-shirt, and comfortable pants, so I know for a fact that what I'm looking down at is not something I'd ever dress in - I'm not wearing a jacket even! Just a black shirt that goes down to my knees with a big white uneven skull adorning the front, what I'm pretty sure are matching leotard pants, fuzzy black boots that come up well past mid-calf, my hair is so loving poofy it's like I actually put a ton of effort into looking like a dork instead of just doing that naturally, and to top things off I'm wearing both skull earrings /and/ a ring. I look like Dio Dos El Muerto meets Hairspray - like an Oingo Boingo fan that's only at the concert for Dead Man's Party. So yeah, that's already proof enough that I should /really/ be getting to the clinic.

Next up is what everyone else is wearing. I'd totally call them out for looking so ridiculously 80s if it wasn't for the fact that I am entirely certain this is all in my own addled imagination and I /really/ do not want to fail to impress Juniper here, and I imagine acting like a complete lunatic is not appealing to her, same as with most people. Lastly there's this goddamn Zach rear end in a top hat. Did I watch Saved By The Bell recently or something? Maybe it came up in Youtube compilation or something, I can't be sure, but that's the only way I can conceive of that my brain could've conjured up this particular spirit of pure dated hell.

Going along with things in a quiet daze as I try to get my bearings and the others chat - it's like that other time where I had to convince myself the floor wasn't made of lava, just /way/ more intense, I totally have a lawsuit option open if I can figure out who loving dosed me - as we're lead towards and then see what I am currently convinced is a party somehow, I am more determined than ever that all of this is just one elaborate hallucination. Still, I don't want to look like a dork and admit that I can't handle being casually drugged, since I bet Juniper would think that's lame too. Turning towards her, since she's the most important thing here, I give her what I hope is not a totally loopy grin as I gesture towards the phantasmal party. "Want to lead the way? I'm, uh, sorta off what passes for my game for the moment, and you seem like you know what you're doing..." Okay, maybe I'm coming across a bit more spacey than I intended...

That's a six to turn on Juniper, taking the hard move since it should be funny. Hightlighting Juniper's Cold.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Jan 25, 2020

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Harm: 0/4 | Experience: 3/5 | Conditions: Blamed, Celeste's Bitch

"Nice to meet you Dan" I said smiling seductively, as I grabbed his hand and and held onto it just a little bit too long. He was putty in my hands and I could do absolutely anything to him, with him and there would be zero consequences. That thought was..intoxicating. Still I'm a good person so I wasn't contemplating anything too evil with him. "So this a party then?" I asked taking in the room, "Why don't you introduce me around, you know to the people that matter here." I said with just the hint that he was one of those people. Even though I was reasonably sure he wasn't still he might give me an in and I could whatever it was we were supposed to do to get me home. If we could somehow manage to leave Celeste behind in the process, then so much the better.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

I let Marleigh's comments about my own social skills roll right over me. She's not wrong, and if it were up to me, I'd be somewhere else right now. Still, guess I'll go along with the ride for now. Or until I find the perfect opportunity to cause some time mayhem. "You're not exactly Ms. Sunshine yourself," I say back to her, as we walk down the hallways.

Yeah. There's no way I'm talking to this goddamn nerd. My mouth opens, ready to say the words "Hell no," to any of that... But then I see her smile, and my mouth clamps back down without a word being said, and suddenly, I'm finding it really difficult to say "no" to her right now. It's times like these I'm glad I can't blush or anything anymore, or my reputation would be ruined. "...Alright. Whatever, I'll do it. But not cuz you asked."

Promising Marleigh that I'll talk to Nick!

I march right in, and the first thing I do is turn off that godawful music. Seriously, who listens to this crap? "Alright, point-dexter, listen up," I walk up closer to him, and shove him down on his rear end, "We're supposed to prep your nerdy rear end- whatever the hell that means, so here's what you're going to do. You're gonna listen, and do ever, last, thing we tell you to do, and if you don't..." I stomp my foot down, near his crotch area, just to get the message across, "...Then finding a date's the last thing you're gonna have to worry about," I cross my arms across my chest, and look down at him with a cold, domineering gaze, "Did I make myself clear?"

quote:

@Hugzilla: 2d6-1 Manipulate Nick = (4+6)-1 = 9

Phew. Got an XP!

Also, highlighting Dark for Marleigh!

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jan 28, 2020

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm: 0/4 | Experience: 0/5 | Conditions: Tragically Unhip, Petty Tyrant

Alright... this party is pretty cool. For a fake 80s dreamscape or whatever the hell this is. The problem, though, is the company. I mean, yeah, I'm a tough cookie and can take care of myself. I'm just... getting used to having back-up, I guess. Being out here in this chaos, minimal sightlines, and no Ev or Marleigh to watch my back? It's not my favorite, not by a longshot. Still... I hope they're coming back this way soon. I'll just have to do... hm. I don't really know what Zach wanted us to do here. Party? It's not exactly the best idea I've ever heard, but I'm not working with much in the way of better.

I scope out the party while I'm thinking and grab a beer from a cooler. I see that Nicola, noted turbo-slut and general person I don't much like, has already marked some poor greaser and is basically trying to get him all hot and bothered. And succeeding, by my reckoning, given he isn't likely to be packing a sidearm. In leiu of having something more pressing, I guess I might as well go over and gently caress with her some more. She's clearly not on Team Back To The Future.

I take a big pull from the bottle and saunter on over. I'm coming at her from her blind spot, so the first she notices is probably about the time I drape my arm around her doofy shoulderpads. I say, "Aw, are you two having some sort of retro connection? That's cute. Let me introduce you: this is Nicola. She's not as hot as she thinks she is, but she tries."

I squeeze Nicola, enough to dent her shoulderpads, and enough that she's drawn into the embrace. She may hate me — trust me, the feeling is mutual — but I'm getting a vibe this whole negging thing is really doing it for her.

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 1:42 PM
@Tricky: 2d6+2+1 Turn on Nicola (tagging Celeste's Bitch) = (3+4)+2+1 = 10

Taking a string, marking XP.

Advancing and taking Unknowable. Nicola can also have a Volatile highlight!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot: -1, Cold: -1, Volatile: +1, Dark: +2

I never had anything against the old 80's punk look, definitely no issues with spikes, leather, chains or crosses, any of that poo poo, but what I'm really not sure of with this is... does this head of wild, flame/fake dyed red hair work with my golden eyes? Seems like it'd probably clash... Having been moving in relative silence, expression almost blank as I stare angrily - so nearly normally - out at the work around me, I finally speak since this all happened, glaring at the table of drinks and drugs back in the classroom. "The gently caress?" Krampus better have some loving answers too. 'Alright spill it. If I ruin christmas past or whatever the gently caress this is, am I hosed? Can you get me back to the normal time? Because if you can... just point the way.'

I've seen some weird loving poo poo since I teamed up with Krampus, but I'm not sure anything has been quite as strange as being transported back in time to the 80s to save (destroy) Christmas. Is anyone here going to take this seriously? Do they have any loving idea what's happening? Marleigh might, but otherwise? Looking down at Hannah, it's pretty clear she doesn't. Probably thinks this is some kind of crazy trip - well, I know better, but what the hell. "You don't have a goddamn clue, do you?" What the hell, I might as well roll with it. Slipping my arm across her back, I lead the startled looking girl over to the drink table. Might as well peer pressure her into having a bit of fun and see what happens - before I get on ruining this christmas for all time. "Just follow me Helen, I'll steer you right." Leading her to the drinks, I rub my hand across her back, picking up a cup and pouring it full of vodka and press it into her hands. "Try this." Giving her behind a pat right before the cup reaches her lips, I step away to get myself a cup full of something just as hard a bit better tasting before tipping it back and drinking it down with a long chug.

And since I'm loving with her already, I dial up Krampus again too. 'So, what's this one's spot on the naughty or nice list? She got any dirty laundry that needs airing?' Oh, I hope so.

@Godfish: 2d6-1 turn on Hannah = (5+3)-1 = 7
pfffff
Self/Promise/String

And I'll also use Uncanny Voices, giving Krampus a string and Rauri tells me a secret fear, desire or strength of Hannah.

Hannah highlight Volatile.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Friday 12/24/198X, 9:10pm - Christmas Eve

Evelyn: Nick stares at you wide-eyed as he sinks into his chair as you lay out exactly how the next few minutes will go. Sufficiently cowed, all he can really do is nod and gape. "Uhh... uh... prep?..." he barely makes out. Hopeless, aight? You can see past him into his closet and it's pretty stocked - lots of various styles and colors. You can dress him practically any way you want to. But, how do you want to? Do you care enough to actually do a good job? Or, is this a great time to make this dweeb stand out for all the wrong reason? Or just get this over as fast as possible?

Before you can really get into it, though, he reaches hesitantly with a hand out and points to a Santa hat hanging on a hook by the door. "Uh, whatever you do," he stammers, "Can I have that on? I, uh... I kinda made somebody a promise that I'd wear it." You can tell he likes whoever this person is.

Marleigh: As Nick points out his pointy hat, you notice that, actually, his whole room is pretty well decorated. Like... actually phenomenally decorated when you think about it. Colorful streamers, colored lights, tinsel, even a miniature winter town tucked into the corner of his desk, complete with a tiny train. What do you think of Nick after this discovery? And, what bad memory of Christmas does it remind you of?

--

Nicola: Dan nods, then shakes his head a little and he looks a little less transfixed. He takes a step closer to you as he responds to your question, "You new 'round here?" he says with a swagger, his breath smelling of cigarettes. "Yeah, I can point out the cool kids." He takes a minute pointing out the major cliques - the preps, the jocks, the goths, the nerds, the cheerleaders - and their assorted leaders and captains. (Just ask if you want to engage with any of these people). Celeste's sudden appearance interrupts this exchange, and Dan looks clearly uncomfortable.

So, where do you want to take this? Some private time with Dan? Infiltrate one of these cliques and take over for the night? Get Celeste locked in a closet somewhere?

Celeste: Nicola's friend frowns at you and your rude interruption. He looks kinda mad, but maybe you could turn this into a wicked threesome? Or ice out Nicola and take something she thought she already owned? Or ditch both these losers and actually let loose for once? You suddenly realize - Claus is out of the picture, at least for now. Sure, you feel some moral imperative to right this strange ghost timeline thing - but why not have fun and then do that? When's the last time you actually got to let your hair down? And, what do you plan to do now?

Juniper: Krampus sighs back at you. "Look, kid, this is some powerful ghost curse. I can't really tell if this is just some fantasy dream, a parallel universe, or actually the literal past - but don't get too crazy, alright? I gotta think how to use this poo poo." You can feel him retreat a bit, scheming and whatnot. Oh well, means you get some trouble you can be a part of.

Oh, and look, Hannah seems like a perfect trouble to get into! Halfway towards getting her loaded and Krampus chimes in with some bonus stats. With that knowledge in hand, what do you plan on doing with it?

Hannah: (First things first, tell Juniper a secret, would you kindly?)

Juniper slips her arm behind yours, and then rests it gently on your back, then guides you to the drink table and pours you some vodka, encouraging you to drink some. Your brain must be going nuts right now - what are you thinking?! How does this make you feel? Do you drink, and how deeply?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm: 0/4 | Experience: 5/5 | Conditions:

Oh gag me, this nerd's like, totally into the season. And, I mean like, whatever, but it totes reminds me of Celeste.

And like, my mom, who was a total Christmas-head too. I guess I used to be, too. But like, you know, puberty and whatever, and everything started to suck a few years back, right before I ended up at the school. Tanya's BS campaign was in full swing by that point and I guess I didn't help matters that I was like, jumping right into the baby bat poo poo with gusto so I was all black and that year and mom just could not understand why I didn't wanna go caroling or help her make cookies or wrap presents or especially do the stupid fuckin' ugly sweater Christmas card photos. She hadn't bought the cutter lie Tanya was spreading before then, said I was just expressing myself, but like, she got really mad about it after Christmas that year and started saying I should go to therapy. All downhill from there, really.

But I mean uh, whatever, that was years ago and now I'm dead so like, no chance of reconciling that poo poo or whatever. It is what it is, I'm not gonna obsess over her inability to recognize good taste, especially since I think my mom was in high school in the eighties and...oh god I'm probably the same age as my mom right now what a fuggin' gross thought.

Shaking my head out of that, I roll my eyes at Nick and his dumb loving hat. "Dude, whatever. The stupid hat can come but like, your whole...uh, thing, that's gonna need some adjust." Not like Evelyn and I were like paragons of fashion or whatever, especially not all barfed on by the eighties like we currently were. But like, a blind monkey could probably get a better outfit together than this kid. Still I convinced Evelyn to take the lead so, she oughta. I'd back her up. In the meantime I was trying to figure out just why the eff Nick was so important to Zack. Like, if this was a BttF situ, whose dad was he? And who did he need to impress or whatever?

@LifeGetsWorser: 2d6+2 Gazing About Nick = (5+3)+2 = 10

Lucid visions, taking 1 forward on them, and an xp for rolling Dark! That's 5 xp so I'll take the Dissipate move from the Ghost Playbook