Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Having a deep, heartfelt conversation and a genuine good time with someone only to find out they are a robot mimicking the behavior patterns of an enslaved person that feels or experiences none of this, and who also dies if you disconnect them from the machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

That I'll never feel like I deserve to be happy and satisfied. That the afterlife, if there is one, is just a continuation of my lifelong anxiety.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
That something actually matters.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

sweet thursday posted:

That nothing we do here ultimately matters.

This fact is more liberating to me than scary, tbh

Kurt Loadeater
May 15, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I might be gay.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
That I'm already dead after a terrible life which earned me a free ticket to hell. I think about that one a lot but don't really believe in hell. This seems much like the classical definition of it however; it seems as though I've been here way too fuckin long. That one and drowning. There are many ways I don't want to die but the thought of drowning truly does terrify me. And yet I spend a ton of time in or on the water. I dunno, you figure it out

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

A black planet

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
Falling from a height high enough that I have time to panic on the way to my death.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
My people being wiped out by whites

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Losing any fingers, or my hands on general. I'd rather lose both legs before I would lose a single finger

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, i have koalas.
i don't want to die

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Im trapped in a broken elevator, with an overly chatty old person.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer

Jay_Zombie posted:

Falling from a height high enough that I have time to panic on the way to my death.

This is another one I've put some thought into. Falling for long enough that you know you're screwed. I've skydived a few times and always thought that if that parachute doesn't work as it should you're gonna have to think about that impact for way too long.

Morty the Mad
Jul 24, 2002

GOOD GOD, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING? WHY ARE YOU TAKING YOUR PANTS OFF? IS THIS A GODDAMN NUDIST COLONY? ARE WE ABOUT TO TAKE A SHOWER
Returning to SA to post for the first time in something like 15 years and not being loved unconditionally.

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007
war crimes

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Fears are fleeting.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

YeahTubaMike posted:

Dying in a way where you know what's coming and you know you're not going to survive so you spent the last moments of your life absolutely terrified. Falling out of a 15th floor window or being hanged, for example.

Jay_Zombie posted:

Space Race Riot posted:

This is another one I've put some thought into. Falling for long enough that you know you're screwed. I've skydived a few times and always thought that if that parachute doesn't work as it should you're gonna have to think about that impact for way too long.

:smith::hf::smith::hf::smith:

Dale-Taco posted:

Im trapped in a broken elevator, with an overly chatty old person.

I also worry about getting stuck in an elevator and getting my head/arm/leg cut off or cut in half when the elevator starts moving again.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
After my years of working in nursing homes, hospitals and ems there's one thing that has become my greatest fear.
Becoming a vegetable after a stroke or getting locked in paralyzed from parkinsons etc.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

the leprechaun from the leprechaun film series

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

The realization that by putting my hand into the pain box, I infact gave into my fear of the gom-jabbar and failed the test all along

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
That being "just an ideas guy" won't carry the sex life in my marriage.

loving bitch wants "results" suddenly after 10 years

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
Becoming a cantankerous old fart and dying alone and unloved.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
I'm also worried about dying in a comically stupid way, like falling down the stairs because I sneezed too hard.

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
That humanity will kill off most complex life on this planet through climate change and sheer stupidity.

Looks like my fear is being realised!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Idk is that really such a bad thing? The idea of lasting existence beyond your individual lifespan is a joke anyways and it's probably better for the rest of the universe if humans don't prospect it and throw trash around. Not that any values matter hahah

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Having so much gas that it perforates my intestine and it goes in my veins and travels into my heart and it kills me and my headstone says

Icochet
1983 - 2019
Farted into his heart

and people just laugh at it

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

ubachung posted:

That humanity will kill off most complex life on this planet through climate change and sheer stupidity.

Looks like my fear is being realised!

Who gives a poo poo? Life is a cosmic cancer and deserves to be eradicated.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

dogs with bees in their mouth and when they bark they shoot bees

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Any medical malady that involves pooping or peeing. Getting old and needing a catheter to pee. Colostomy bags - I honestly think I'd rather die than have a colostomy bag. Incontinence.

The creeping dread that everything we are experiencing has already happened, and we're just stuck reliving it over and over again based on how it actually happened the first time. So, like, you know that something obvious and terrible is about to happen, it's deja vu, yet you just keep acting like normal while you're cognizant the bad thing's coming, and you recognize that your reaction is not going to help prevent the terrible thing. And then it happens and you just dumbly watched it happen like it was in slow motion.

Being falsely or unjustly imprisoned, and then being raped, tortured, and/or forced to eat feces by the other inmates.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

That old familiar feeling

Bigchops
Mar 13, 2005
Biggus Choppus
My fear is that my sons will never understand me.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
The permanent cessation of consciousness.

Honestly, I'm not afraid of anything else. Everything can be overcome as long as there's a you to overcome it, but someday, much, much sooner than you think, there will not be a you.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer

The Real Amethyst posted:

After my years of working in nursing homes, hospitals and ems there's one thing that has become my greatest fear.
Becoming a vegetable after a stroke or getting locked in paralyzed from parkinsons etc.

Seen this stuff way too many times myself. My grandmother developed dementia (I say developed because it happens slow initially, and she knew it was happening, and was terrified that she'd become exactly what she did become)and then went blind around the same time. So imagine being blind, trapped inside your own head and repeating the same names and phrases over and over and over. For 3 years. I was one of those names.

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
Torture, being in a crashing plane, stranded in deep sea

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now
In the end, I'll do no better than my own parents.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The complete and utter oblivion of death.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Acknowledging the need to do something important for someone else but not having the strength to do it

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

That old familiar feeling

drat

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Death. I have been having existential crises about death for so long. The thought of living forever is also terrifying. The Galaxy and universe and everything will go dark and end eventually and living forever means absolutely nothing eventually. I am scared my dudes. Of everything and of the eventual nothing. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer

Icochet posted:

That being "just an ideas guy" won't carry the sex life in my marriage.

loving bitch wants "results" suddenly after 10 years

This legitimately made me laugh for a couple minutes, happy holidays.