Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Jazerus posted:

kreia's kind of like a human who's been both an angel and a demon. she knows from personal experience that god and satan are real - she's talked with both of them - and control mortal events down to the smallest events when it interests them. but neither of them care about people, at all - they just like fighting each other with them. their power can be drawn upon by anyone with sufficient mystical potential, who is then transformed into an angel or demon, and most cataclysmic wars in recorded history were angel vs demon, with mortals just being cannon fodder on either side.

that's enough to make anyone go full rebellion-against-god. kreia is lucifer, basically.

No, she's just stupid and selfish, pushing responsibility off on something that is effectively no different than gravity rather than admit she ever did something wrong. The Force isn't even sentient, it's not the God of Abraham. It doesn't tell you to do things. "The Dark Side" isn't real, it's not whispering in anyone's ear. It's just making a choice to shut yourself off from others and feed off your own negativity for power. She's a coward unwilling to put a lightsaber to side of her head and start it up, so she drives you to death by Jedi her.

And she's boring at that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zane
Nov 14, 2007

Mulva posted:

The Force isn't even sentient, it's not the God of Abraham. It doesn't tell you to do things. "The Dark Side" isn't real, it's not whispering in anyone's ear. It's just making a choice to shut yourself off from others and feed off your own negativity for power.
the force isn't sentient but it is teleological. and in that sense it absolutely is telling people what to do. star wars is a simple moral allegory in which you can only be a good dude or a bad dude within a galaxy-spanning conflict. every individual choice from every individual character leads necessarily to one of those two positions. it is almost perfectly analogous to how a theistic universe functions.

Zane fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jan 24, 2020

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Counter-point:

Nah.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Lt. Danger posted:

I would suggest the target for a lot of KOTOR2's ire is RPG tropes than the Star Wars property. The beggar on Nar Shaddaa is a slam on simplistic morality dilemmas that exist to let players max alignment points, and has more to do with "XP is you sucking the literal lifeForce out of people" and "your party members are being mind-controlled by you, the player" than Kreia's meatier philosophical dialogues. This seems to be something Avellone likes to do - see Torment and player death advancing the story/prohibition on elves, dwarves and swords, or Lonesome Road's blank-slate-PC-wasn't-entirely-blank-after-all.

I think this is it too. The first thing Kreia does is mock you for looting a corpse.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Hi, I know this seems slightly unrelated, but I was wondering what her take would be on the fact that my cat just jumped up on the counter to eat a tiny bit of barbecued pork that I left out.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

you deserved it for being to weak to stop it. or maybe its gods fault. or maybe she made the cat do it to make you stronger. to be honest i still have no idea what her deal is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007