Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do u have regional options
Yes
No
Goku
Thanks for this forum BURT!
View Results

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Fried cheese curds are amazing and I am deeply thankful that they're not common where I am because I'd probably weigh 400lbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
braums has the best shakes on the planet, imo

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I am truly blessed, as I am close enough to:

Portillo’s (though sadly no Pasta Bowl out here, but we do get ribs now)

In-N-Out

Senior Baja

Flame Broiler
(which is totally not healthy even though it pretends)

Rubios (which sadly sucks now)

terminal chillness
Oct 16, 2008

This baby is off the charts
People say in n out sucks but when you consider a double cheeseburger costs under four bucks it's pretty great!

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

terminal chillness posted:

People say in n out sucks but when you consider a double cheeseburger costs under four bucks it's pretty great!

People who say in n out sucks let it get too cold (especially the fries).

That it is cheap is also cool and good, but they could charge more and I’d still love it.

I’m working to wean myself down from three by threes to just cheeseburgers because Im not 18 any more.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Ultimate Mango posted:

In-N-Out

Senior Baja

Flame Broiler
(which is totally not healthy even though it pretends)

Rubios (which sadly sucks now)

Out Rubios in Utah all went under which is sad cause it wasn't bad food.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I'm in Philly, do cheesesteaks count as fast food? Also ODB apparently got arrested at a McDonald's a mile or two from my house, if that counts as "regional".

YeahTubaMike posted:

aaaaawwwwww yeeeeeeaaaaahhhhh :btroll:

Been meaning to hit one of these up as there are a couple locations that aren't too far from me. I guess it's good then?

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

Craig K posted:

braums has the best shakes on the planet, imo

When I lived in northwest Arkansas, that place was always hard to dodge. Burgers were pretty drat solid and the spicy chicken sandwich was on point.

I guess in Minnesota we have taco John's, but I've seen them in the Wisconsin and Iowa too. Easily some of the worst fast food tacos I've ever had.

walking around
Jul 29, 2013
as someone who did not grow up in SW Ohio but currently lives there, Skyline Chili is no good. It's like eating soft, but without the redeeming qualities of other different types of soft foods like dim sum or marshmallows

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Someone bring Cook Out to SoCal kthx

City of Glompton
Apr 21, 2014

no wonder everyone wants to move to this city

- we have several Los Betos (open 24 hours, best burritos and everything else is good too, also, cheap)
- Arctic Circle which, along with the courtesy cone mentioned in the op, features the delicious pumpkin pie shake when seasonally appropriate
- Taco Johns and Taco Time which meh but some ppl like em
- Happy Teriyaki (sadly closed on Sundays, the day of the week i most often want teriyaki, it seems :( )
- various Burger Dens, home of the Potato Log, which is much much tastier than it sounds i promise

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Allentown in PA has Yocco’s, which has been around since the 1920’s serving Chili Dogs. I think there are three locations. They were also cash only till just a few years ago (2015?) which is crazy to me

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

City of Glompton posted:

no wonder everyone wants to move to this city

- we have several Los Betos (open 24 hours, best burritos and everything else is good too, also, cheap)
- Arctic Circle which, along with the courtesy cone mentioned in the op, features the delicious pumpkin pie shake when seasonally appropriate
- Taco Johns and Taco Time which meh but some ppl like em
- Happy Teriyaki (sadly closed on Sundays, the day of the week i most often want teriyaki, it seems :( )
- various Burger Dens, home of the Potato Log, which is much much tastier than it sounds i promise

Boise?

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

It's an excellent place to move away from! Fry sauce is good though.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Rhode Island has Walt's Roast Beef, a chain which is like Arbys but tastes good.

Papa Gino's is a pizza chain in New England that's really good.

Nashville has Hugh-Baby's which has smash-style burgers and BBQ sandwiches. It has a drive through so I'm counting it as fast food. They also have a local burger chain called Fat Mo's but it seems to be dying out for some reason.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

sean10mm posted:

Papa Gino's is a pizza chain in New England that's really good.

A couple years ago a bunch of them closed down due to some financial/bankruptcy thing going on with the company. The stores closed down overnight with no notice to anyone including employees. The one I remember going to as a kid in Lowell is gone. It's not a huge loss as there are several places there with better pizza but it still sucks losing that piece of nostalgia.

City of Glompton
Apr 21, 2014

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

i like it. sorry you don't but more fry sauce for me!

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

People associate Philly with the cheese steak and the hoagie, but the incredible Capastrami is where it's at. Shaved pastrami, Swiss cheese, slaw, and Russian dressing served hot. (even though cold slaw is cold? :confused: I don't want to complain everywhere I go)

I don't live anywhere near a Capriotti's, but god drat I wish that I did.

City of Glompton posted:

i like it. sorry you don't but more fry sauce for me!

I left like 20 years ago, maybe it's better now. Tubing the river with an inadvisable amount of cheap beer is hella fun, though.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Iron Crowned posted:

Interesting. You know what you have in the PNW that you should have mentoned? loving Ivar's you heathen!

Burgermaster doesn't get talked about enough, it is a very good place to get a burger.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Bow before Yocco, the Hot Dog King!

Ordering a hot dog or burger with everything (onions, pickles, Secret Chili Sauce) and Mrs. T's pierogies is a fine way to strip the lining of your esophagus. No lese mageste saying Potts is better will be tolerated.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Woah stay in your lane thats a UTAH DELICACY sir.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Beef-a-Roo is an unusual chain of 7 fast food restaurants exclusive to Rockford, IL and its nearby towns.

They have a big menu with a large variety of sandwiches and salads. Their burgers are fine, at best a little better than McDonald's, but their other options are where they stand out more. I've always liked their hot ham and swiss sandwhiches and their salads are actually very good. Pretty good roast beef sandwiches as well.

By far their biggest draw though are their cheese fries:

Inside, they have a dining setup similar to Culver's with numbers given out and food brought to the table. However they go a step further and have folks going around giving people after-dinner mints.

If you are ever in the Rockford area then I'd definitely recommend stopping at one of these.

City of Glompton
Apr 21, 2014

mmmm cheese fries look good

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I'm not from Rochester and we don't yet seem to have an FFForum goon that is, but I want people to be aware early and often about Rochester "Garbage Plates"

See http://garbageplatereviews.com for more Garbage Plate news and analysis.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

shadow puppet of a posted:

I'm not from Rochester and we don't yet seem to have an FFForum goon that is, but I want people to be aware early and often about Rochester "Garbage Plates"

I saw the ep of Binging With Babish where he makes this, but it's pretty wild seeing this in real life.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

The 'ol Rochester Barf Box

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Rhode Island also has "New York System Hot Wieners" which have nothing to do with New York and are this unique sort-of-chili-dog-but-not-really thing invented by Greek immigrants (I think.)

They're very good.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

C-Euro posted:

Been meaning to hit one of these up as there are a couple locations that aren't too far from me. I guess it's good then?

crown fried chicken and texas chicken & burgers are the best "coming home at 2am drunk as gently caress" food establishments in NYC

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

Ultimate Mango posted:

I'm so drat jealous of people in the Phoenix area (for really only this), probably my #1 most missed fast food from Chicago, hell anywhere I've lived. Even when I was drat sick I could get the appetite for one of the italian beefs.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Around here, combination roast beef and fried seafood shops rule the roost.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

shadow puppet of a posted:

Need a garbage plate thread TBQH

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Anonymous Robot posted:

Go on ...

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.
We have a family chain in Augusta called Gary's Hamburgers and they legit have the blandest burgs I've ever eaten. 2/10 not ever eating again.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Anonymous Robot posted:

Where's you at? I was up at Cape Cod last summer and there were a few of those on the main drag.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Brolander posted:

Yeah...I'm thinking I'm rax

drat, I miss Rax. That was my favorite as a kid.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Gonna work some more to expand out the OP tonight but drat I wish I had a cook out nearby.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Jose Oquendo posted:

Where's you at? I was up at Cape Cod last summer and there were a few of those on the main drag.

It’s the north shore’s specialty. I don’t know why- sometimes there’s also pizza, sometimes not, but it’s never just roast beef sandwiches or fried seafood. It’s always both. It isn’t a chain thing, either; there are a few small chains, but it’s mostly family operations.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
It is not regional to me, but I want to post my appreciation for the Pal’s micro chain in northeastern Tennessee, mainly for their amazing architecture.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

That is quite beautiful. I want to Roadtrip down to a Pal's for a chipped ham and a sauceburger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
This is no longer my home region, but when I lived in Montreal, I developed a love affair with the shawarma. And no Montreal shawarma came close to the most holy of all the shawarmas: Boustan. It used to be just one family-run location, visited by politicians and hockey stars and other famous people, but now I think there are a few locations and the original owner cashed out.

What makes it superior? The wraps were grilled after being made, not put in a press of some sort, and they were small so the ratio of bread to fillings was better. If you were hungry, simply buy two. The pickled turnips were excellent and chunky, leading to a most pleasing texture. The garlic sauce was magical and should be liberally applied to the potatoes you get as a side dish as well as put in the wrap itself. But the most important thing, the thing that no one else in Canada seems to get right, is this: no. loving. lettuce.

It is magical, and the closest that fast food can come to being an actual religious experience.