Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mindstorm
Jan 28, 2011

Smellrose
Big double tray with cheese mayo and ketchup, side of a corn dog and chicken nuggets/quesadilla, and a mint M&M milkshake.

Also sometimes get a huge burger with cheese mayo and ketchup and some sort of a milkshake. Chocolate peanutbutter is a good time. Cookout kept me fed throughout a lot of college.

:lrpage2:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
My Cook Out Hot Takes for the day:

Cajun chicken wrap > spicy chicken sandwich, easily.

Onion rings > fries.

That's all.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

sean10mm posted:

My Cook Out Hot Takes for the day:

Cajun chicken wrap > spicy chicken sandwich, easily.

Get this: you can get a tray with both :stare:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

TheAardvark posted:

Get this: you can get a tray with both :stare:

That's how I did the comparison! :v:

If you go 2x wraps for your sides that's 1,000 calories by itself!

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Feb 12, 2020

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Double, cheddar style with two chicken quesadillas. Exactly what drunk me needed.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Yeah I'll have the spicy chicken...fries...and more fries for the side. Yeah the peanut butter banana shake? Can I get that with chocolate too? I CAN? Yes I would like some buffalo sauce.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
I'll take a burg, a chicken wrap, and a thing of chicken nuggets with a Huge Tea

also is this the Cook-Out in Salisbury NC? I used to live there

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Zippy the Bummer posted:

I'll take a burg, a chicken wrap, and a thing of chicken nuggets with a Huge Tea

also is this the Cook-Out in Salisbury NC? I used to live there

this thread is the cook-out in our hearts

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
the cook-out in Kernersvlile bizarrely has an actual dining room and tables to sit at, but that's because they converted a Libby Hill

the solid black windows are a nice brutal touch to every cook out. I like knowing the people inside can see the throng of fat humans outside lining up for a double tray

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
all the newer cookouts built in the past few years have indoor seating

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Can y’all post more pics please?

And tell me how much it would cost to bring CookOut to SoCal....

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
tray big double with cheese lettuce pickles onions hot sauce quesadilla and a cajun wrap. heath fancy shake.

when i lived in NC i forced myself to only go to cook out 1x/mo

cook out Kernersville represent

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I wish there was a cookout near me, it'd make a killing here too since I live in a rural Virginia county

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
BBQ Sandwich, hold the slaw; Nuggs and Hushpuppies, PB Fudge shake.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
one hi-c fruit punch milkshake please

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Hell yeah this thread is back, gimme a chedder style

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i wish they would just make me a less thick milkshake if i asked. it's not like it's a machine they can't change, just put less ice cream and more milk??

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Ask for your shake low-key thicc instead of dummy thicc. From my experience anyone working the window at a Cookout will know what that means.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Got a cappuccino milkshake at the drive through.

It was a good idea.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Double cheese burger with TWO honey mustard chicken wraps and a coke float for $6. There is no better deal

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan
Man, I love their hushpuppies and shakes, but it's a shame they put bible verses all over their poo poo. Sorry, I don't want you giving my money to whatever evangelical fascist prosperity gospel church is telling you god loves you for exploiting the working class!

doritto
May 12, 2013

lemme get uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh big double tray cheddar style with cajun fries, the cheese curds and uhhhhhhhhhhhhh oreo, peanutbutter, heath bar shake.

can we also say a quick prayer for those who live outside of god's country with no cookout?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

dsipal posted:

lemme get uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh big double tray cheddar style with cajun fries, the cheese curds and uhhhhhhhhhhhhh oreo, peanutbutter, heath bar shake.

can we also say a quick prayer for those who live outside of god's country with no cookout?

Don’t pray for me goons, just open a franchise in my zip code.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?
Huge burger with just cheese and bacon
Large chili cheese fries
Huge Cheerwine (lite ice)
Orange Push-Up milkshake

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
cook out tray, outwest style, hold the onions and add chili. fries quesadilla. large cheer wine no ice.

it comes out to 6.66 at my local one but this being the bible belt they just say 6.67 or 6.65 but the price on my cc every time says 6.66

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

dsipal posted:

i used to get my fix via regular work travel but in COVID times im dyin over here boys

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
theres a new chorizo quesadilla thats decent. im like 100% this is the chorizo they are using is that super cheap poo poo that comes in two clear plastic casings you get for like 1.25 in walmart but i dont care poo poo tastes good in my home made burritos and it tastes good in the quesadillas. im scared im gonna get high af and ask them to mix chorizo into a shake. i have in the past just told them to make me a quesadilla sauce shake and they did i didnt regret it until i woke up in the morning and my stomach hurt real bad.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Pumpkin pie milkshake. Pumpkin pie milkshake. Pumpkin pie milkshake. Pumpkin pie milkshake. Pumpkin pie milkshake. Pumpkin pie milkshake. Pumpkin pie milkshake. Pumpkin pie milkshake. Pumpkin pie milkshake. Pumpkin pie milkshake. Pumpkin pie milkshake. Pumpkin pie milkshake. Pumpkin pie milkshake. Pumpkin pie milkshake. Pumpkin pie milkshake. Pumpkin pie milkshake. Pumpkin pie milkshake. Pumpkin pie milkshake. Pumpkin pie milkshake. Pumpkin pie milkshake. Pumpkin pie milkshake. Pumpkin pie milkshake. Pumpkin pie milkshake. Pumpkin pie milkshake. Pumpkin pie milkshake. Pumpkin pie milkshake. Pumpkin pie milkshake. Pumpkin pie milkshake. Pumpkin pie milkshake. Pumpkin pie milkshake.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

How is their chili?

Has anyone asked for a BURGER Cajun style? That might actually be a really good idea come to think of it.

Cheese Thief
Oct 30, 2020
Where is the Subway thread?
i had 2 footlongs and a diet coke at the Subway for my Thanksgiving. THANK you for being open, today I was hungrier than I can ever remember being in at least the past 7 - 8 years, and on thanksgiving how ironic. ALL the vegetables because more == better

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Cheese Thief posted:

Where is the Subway thread?
i had 2 footlongs and a diet coke at the Subway for my Thanksgiving. THANK you for being open, today I was hungrier than I can ever remember being in at least the past 7 - 8 years, and on thanksgiving how ironic. ALL the vegetables because more == better

Reported for pedo poo poo

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

sean10mm posted:

Has anyone asked for a BURGER Cajun style? That might actually be a really good idea come to think of it.
TRIP REPORT: They will do it and it's great

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Cookouts near me have fried cheese curds as a side and it owns

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Akbar posted:

Cookouts near me have fried cheese curds as a side and it owns

Cookout is blessed

----------------

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

sean10mm posted:

How is their chili?

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Never had it

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.
I've lived like a quarter mile from one of these for two years in hillbilly Tennessee. You're telling me that poo poo is actually good? wow

----------------

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

shirunei posted:

I've lived like a quarter mile from one of these for two years in hillbilly Tennessee. You're telling me that poo poo is actually good? wow

I mean I don't want to oversell it as something that transcends being fast food, but yeah.

The milkshakes are 100% legit for sure.

The burgers taste like somebody made them from whatever was in their house and threw them on a backyard grill. This puts them ahead of a lot of fast food but they're not life changing or anything either.

Fries are average. Onion rings are good. They have a ton of random food items that range from decent to pretty good.

Cook-Out also tends to be cheap for what you get.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Get a tray, try out the options :shrug:

It's nice having a lot of options, but keep in mind you get very few fries or onion rings in the tray. (One side of onion rings is 130 calories. One side of Chicken Wrap is >500) it's kind of a strange thing they have going, which I assume is why the price is higher on the tray every time I go back home.

I imagine actually that the chicken wrap sides will eventually not be sides any more, they're higher calorie and the same size as the chicken sandwiches in the entree side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Tried my burger Cookout Style the first time and I gotta say it's next level fast food experience.

That chili (no beans fyi) was perfectly formulated to put on a burg with onion, slaw and mustard to make a kind of uber sloppy joe kind of thing.