Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Crusty Nutsack posted:

I also ENJOY their fries most people don't I don't understand why. skin-on fries are great, like sorry if they remind you too much of a potato guys

:same:

Legit my favorite fast food fries because of the skins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Yeah Wendy's fries are good. Thick cuts. Skins. The only ones that are better are the fresh cut ones you get at places like Five Guys.

edit: Posting the Super Bar image someone put in the old GBS thread

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Feb 11, 2020

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOvHZDGK-kY

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Jeff please embed this song on repeat for the forum

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

is it just me or do wendy's have the oldest loving drive-throughs in the fast food world?
hit a mcdonalds or burger king and there's this giant screen that shows you your order, and you pull up to a giant window with a foot-operated mechanism that's big enough to pass entire people through
go to wendys and it's some tinny speaker they ganked from the last drive-in movie theater in the county, and you pull up to a window they have to manually pull closed that's so small they can barely fit a medium soda through it

at least my local wendy's finally got a coke freestyle machine in the back. before this if you ordered some soda that wasn't in the old soda machine (so anything more complex than coke/diet/sprite/dr. pepper) they had to send an employee around the counter to get your drink & god help you if the machine was out of one of the flavors you requested.

spicy nuggets are so goddamn good though :munch:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That's just a local thing. All of the fast food places here have the regular menus and only McDonald's has a screen which they just put up maybe a year ago.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

CaptainPsyko posted:

Wendy’s is rarely the best choice around, but it is always so far from the worst choice that it deserves recognition.

This is exactly how I feel about Wendy’s as well.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I liked their old fries better though but their new ones are still above average ie way better than BKs

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

bird with big dick posted:

I liked their old fries better though but their new ones are still above average ie way better than BKs

yeah, it's a good basic base fry, at least it's clearly made of real potato. I'll get one of their sauced up fry things once in a while and they're usually pretty decent.

sports
Sep 1, 2012
I consider Wendys as a part of Big Three with McDs and BK and Wendys outperforms those two hands down

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Wendy's has lost their way with the disgusting no lettuce, no tomato, mayo and bacon burgers, but the Jr bacon cheeseburger is still nearly perfect in every measure except size. You can taste the bacon and the tomato and the beef, but not the grease. As it should be. And the fries are great.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah I like all of the lettuce, tomato, onion(?) thing. It's not limp. I like the crunch and I generally have most of my burgers with those toppings when I get one at a real restaurant.

sports
Sep 1, 2012

poverty goat posted:

Wendy's has lost their way with the disgusting no lettuce, no tomato, mayo and bacon burgers, but the Jr bacon cheeseburger is still nearly perfect in every measure except size. You can taste the bacon and the tomato and the beef, but not the grease. As it should be. And the fries are great.

The Baconator is a perfect sandwich. It's unfair how great it is. I am a hardcore "deluxe" lettuce/onion/tomato/mayo burger guy and even I make an exception for the Baconator.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
The Baconator is the only actually palatable Bacon/Cheese/Mayo Burger, so that's something of an achievement. Thankfully they brought back the Big Bacon Classic, unfortunately they hosed it up. Half the magic of the old BBClassic was the bun.

sports
Sep 1, 2012
Driving down I-80 in my now dead Ford Explorer eating a baconator with one hand, listening to my friends Fripp and Eno tape, only time I was truly happy

sports
Sep 1, 2012
Just ate another Baconator. What nourishes me also destroys me.

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.
The 4 for $4 with the Double Stack is the best lunch option.

Thanks for listening to my TEDTalk.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

What's the most decadent/gluttonous thing y'all have done at Wendy's? Mine are (separate meals):

- five junior bacon cheeseburgers. Maybe I had six, my memory is hazy on that one.
- a double Triple. Told them "Give me double everything" and they didn't understand that no, I did not want two separate burgers, I wanted one with the toppings of two.
- Triple baconator. By the last few bites the meat no longer tasted like meat.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Wendy’s did provide me with my most memorable fast food experience.

Driving back from a concert late at night we stoped at a Wendy’s drive thru. Got our food. Drinks came last. I had ordered a lithe Cheer Wine.

On the way out the window the drive thru guy bobbled my Cheer Wine, Popped the top and just drenched me in red soda, got me all over the front and somehow angles enough that a bunch somehow went straight into my shoes.

Guy just stops dead looking at me. Grabs like 5 napkins, throws them at me, closes the drive thru window, walks away and then turned off the interior lights.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wendy's definitely has the best fast food bacon. It tastes like they actually cooked it themselves instead of just microwaving precooked bacon.

Their chicken sandwich is also really good.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

muscles like this! posted:

Wendy's definitely has the best fast food bacon. It tastes like they actually cooked it themselves instead of just microwaving precooked bacon.

Their chicken sandwich is also really good.

They have many chicken sandwiches and they are all good.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
In terms of chicken sandwiches, Wendy's contains multitudes.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
There's definitely something to be said for their chicken. I can't recall ever having a disappointing chicken sandwich from Wendy's. The little dollar ones are tasty but the spicy chicken rules the roost.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I agree. I think Wendy's has the best chicken sandwiches. I haven't tried the Popeye's one yet and I've had chik-fil-a maybe 3 times ever and I don't get the hype. Wendy's is pretty solid all around. Especially anything spicy.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I agree. I think Wendy's has the best chicken sandwiches. I haven't tried the Popeye's one yet and I've had chik-fil-a maybe 3 times ever and I don't get the hype. Wendy's is pretty solid all around. Especially anything spicy.

IMO the Popeyes chicken sandwich is a step above Wendy's spicy chicken, which is still solid along with the spicy nugs.

Wendy's fish sandwich is also really good. They actually warned me it was made to order last time I got one, and it came out about 5,000 degrees. :supaburn:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Popeyes are woefully inconsistent, Wendys pretty much tastes like Wendys from Bellingham to the Nogales (that has a rare 24 hour Wendys). So the best Popeyes in town's sandwich is better than Wendys but like the rest of the garbage ones that suck, it's worse.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I'm usually a mustard and ketchup guy when it comes to burgers but I will gently caress up a buncha junior bacos given the opportunity.

Spicy asiago ranch is drat good too. I like to get it with chili instead of fries and a ton of the spicy chili sauce (because some of it's going on that fuckin sandwich)

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Always ask for chili sauce even if you don't get chili so you can stock pile them.

They need to sell it by the bottle.

sports
Sep 1, 2012
Back in the day Wendys used to serve their chicken sandwiches "deluxe" style with lettuce/onion/tomato/mayo/pickle and you can request that without cost.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

I like to bite the corners off the burger before starting my car and peeling out of the parking lot. Sometimes I drive around for a while before heading home.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
A thing I like to do at Wendy’s is order an order of spicy nuggs and an order of regular nuggs and just kind of blindly put them in the same bag and enjoy playing the “is this nugg gonna be spicy?” game as i blindly pull them out to eat while driving

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I work next door to a Wendy's. For a time it was terribly understaffed, so it took like 20 minutes to get an order.

Now, it's fast as a shark, I get up there fast, dude takes my money at the first window, and in the next minute I've got my baconator or spicy chicken sandwich and I'm back to work before all the other suckers have finished leaving for lunc.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

CaptainPsyko posted:

A thing I like to do at Wendy’s is order an order of spicy nuggs and an order of regular nuggs and just kind of blindly put them in the same bag and enjoy playing the “is this nugg gonna be spicy?” game as i blindly pull them out to eat while driving

this sounds fun and I like it

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

this sounds fun and I like it

The Spanish have a thing called pimentos padron, which is basically peppers some of which are randomly hot.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I really like Wendy's food, but they have the absolute slowest drive thru's out of any fast food chain. Consistently.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
The ‘bailing on drive thru’ thread mentions 20-40 minutes in Taco Bell queues, it’s longer than that?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Wendy's breakfast is soft rolled out in a lot of locations this week. Thinking of going out and trying that chicken croissant

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The Wendy’s near me had huge drive thru problems until recently, to the point where it would often go into the street. They seemed to also take someone’s order and wouldn’t take the next person’s until the first driver got their food and left.

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

i have never waited at a wendys drive thru. more than visiting the nation, more than media or anything, this board is really making me consider the differences between america and canada.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
I tried to try the Wendy's breakfast today and they wouldn't serve it to me at 10:33 AM.

I will be writing to my congresswoman about this outrage.