Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

got some coupons for some BFC (breaded fried cheese) breakfast sandwiches that I'm going to try tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Ultimate Mango posted:

Double western is my downfall

The day they dropped the six-dollar western from the menu is the day a part of America’s soul died :911:

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Cross-Section posted:

The day they dropped the six-dollar western from the menu is the day a part of America’s soul died :911:

Only once. I knew I had to stop after that.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

grill youre saelf posted:

got some coupons for some BFC (breaded fried cheese) breakfast sandwiches that I'm going to try tomorrow. Wish me luck.

I got the BFC angus a couple weeks ago, pleasantly surprised by the cheese puck. novel. pretty good overall.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Last time I got anything from Hardee's that wasn't a breakfast chicken biscuit and hash rounds was the Jim Beam burger in like 2013. That burger was good as hell.

A ton of burger places have some kind of BBQ themed burger and that's usually my go-to because I'm a slut for BBQ sauce, but the Jim Beam sauce was really, really good and stood way out from the other western/BBQ themed burgers I've tried. There is literally a Hardee's less than a mile from my house and if they still had that burger I'd go there all the time.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I liked Carls once upon a time but they have taken a big nose dive and the price of nearly everything on the menu has gone up 25-100% in the last four years where the only difference between Carls and a restaurant price is the tip.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Had a double western and fried zucchini today for lunch. It was my only meal today and im still not hungry.

Life is good.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The new angus burger is all right I guess, kind of tastes like the "fresh beef" McDonalds quarter pounders. They are not as good as thickburgers were though.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I remember when they were the $6 burger. Because they were as good as the burgers at restaurants who charged $6 for them, but Carl’s was cheaper.

Bring back the western bacon $6 burger and I will die happy.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Ultimate Mango posted:

Bring back the western bacon $6 burger and I will die happy.

:hmmyes:

Still baffles me to this day why they got rid of it in the first place

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I like the western bacon cheeseburger

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
The burgers taste really weird imo, the blackened parts on the patties are slimy. Buns are good. Sauce game on point too, and the fries are pretty great. I miss when my local Hardee's had red burrito, the nachos were way better than taco bell's

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

Carl's. Jr. gave me norovirus in cali once. I still want to know what bbq sauce they use on their western burgers because it's what I really like there as well as the crisscut fries.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Krataar posted:

Carl's. Jr. gave me norovirus in cali once. I still want to know what bbq sauce they use on their western burgers because it's what I really like there as well as the crisscut fries.

Yeah their BBQ sauce is really good. I always thought it was weird when they would do LTO with some other type of bbq sauce that was never better than their normal one.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

FuturePastNow posted:

I like the western bacon cheeseburger

Double. Always double. With fried zucchini.

And a side of regret, tears, and shame.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I bring you the first post in four months to let you know I ate a Frisco burger at a Hardee's today. It was pretty good. Not amazing, but not bad.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I usually get one of their value "all-star" meals from the Hardee's thats two minutes from my work but last week splurged and got a mushroom Swiss burger.

Pretty drat good I gotta admit

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

A sausage biscuit is two dollars, but two sausage and egg biscuits are three dollars, so I got two sausage and egg biscuits.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
In recent years Carls has put on burgers:
  • Hot dogs
  • Pulled pork
  • Pastrami
  • Ribs
  • And now Prime rib

They all kind of have an overall similar after taste, to be honest. But I thought the latest was decent enough. Obviously doesn't taste like freshly prepared prime rib but it adds a smoky taste to the whole thing, and the mustard/BBQ sauce was decent.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I loved Hardee’s back when it had Roy Rogers fried chicken and was near my house. This is back when the only Popeyes we’re way across town and the order times, and what you got, were pretty much random, so my fried chicken addiction was served by Hardee’s.

Reading this thread reminded me that the breakfast biscuits were pretty good.

Another random memory, every person working there was much slimmer on the top than the bottom, they all had the same unusual body type.

My parents told me that in the 70’s there was a vaguely Star Trek-themed disco called The Enterprise that shared a parking lot.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Last time I went I ordered criscut fries and they said they didn't have them anymore. This time I saw a sign up that said they now have waffle fries on their menu. Despite what they look like in the picture, they're just criscut fries. Not sure if I was being trolled for not knowing the new name before or they didn't have them while they changed the menu or what. Anyway I'm glad a real one is still around so all's well that ends well.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Cross-posting from the "discontinued fast food items" thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKq7_FYzrH4

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I swapped regular fries for waffle and the order came out to $19.00. lol. They had to have made some sort of mistake somewhere but the worker is so stressed out that I didn't have the heart, since was probably the difference between being $19 and $16.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Two Jalapeño doubles for $7 is a p good deal for a p good burg, you can do a lot worse.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Okay so I don't go to Hardee's much but I did yesterday and they had the "hand breaded chicken sandwich." I wasn't expecting too much even for a five dollar premium item, but god drat. They clearly took the chik fil a recipe (which iirc is pickle juice and buttermilk) but it's better than the 'real' thing. Was surprised and impressed.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i hit up carl's jr for the angus 1/3rd pounder burger today. it was good.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Anyone else a fan of the Cali Classic Double? It's very obviously trying to be evocative of an In & Out burger, but it's pretty drat good in its own right.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Q_res posted:

Anyone else a fan of the Cali Classic Double? It's very obviously trying to be evocative of an In & Out burger, but it's pretty drat good in its own right.

My wife used to order it plain until I pointed out its the same a a plain double cheeseburger just a dollar more

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Carls Jr almost always has good quality burgers. I'm not a huge thousand island fan so I don't do the Cali Classic but I love me a superstar or any of their other specialty burgers. Although 90% of the time I get a double western and like 9% of the other time I get the hidden double cheeseburger/spicy chicken value menu item which is still a good deal.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

a sexual elk posted:

My wife used to order it plain until I pointed out its the same a a plain double cheeseburger just a dollar more

I work at a carl's and I chuckle whenever people will order the double western, but only cheese. Instead of ordering the big carl with only cheese which will be the exact same thing, but is almost 2 bucks cheaper.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Leal posted:

I work at a carl's and I chuckle whenever people will order the double western, but only cheese. Instead of ordering the big carl with only cheese which will be the exact same thing, but is almost 2 bucks cheaper.

It's been a very long time since I worked there but can you still sub out burgers patties for chicken and make it a double chicken western? I was always amazed at how versatile the POS system was and how easy it was to do whatever weird poo poo you wanted.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Yeah you can do things like that, whenever I want a chicken sandwich I ring up a big cheeseburger and then sub the patty out for a crispy chicken fillet. It ends up being half the price of the regular chicken sandwich, but instead of mayo and a pickle its got cheese and other stuff. Not sure if corporate appreciates it, lately they've been skimping hardcore. Employees are no longer allowed to use kid cups for the free drinks perk because apparently they were losing just so much money off that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
drat that sounds like a way better chicken sandwich.