Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
Yumbo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O7F4uvTxUk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

wow, that looks absolutely scrumbo!

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
old burger king nuggets shaped like dinosaurs with the good breading

these goldfish knockoffs called Dolphins.... saltier and so loving good to fat child me

whataburger does a lot of limited time/trial period stuff and i hate them for it. somehow above thr burgers i miss their stupid banana milkshake.

and these

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYvG5R2RXIk

they brought it back a while back, and was quickly removed again, turns out people don't get nostalgic for the 70s and no amount of improv actors pretending to work at Burger King could have fixed it

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

TelevisedInsanity posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYvG5R2RXIk

they brought it back a while back, and was quickly removed again, turns out people don't get nostalgic for the 70s and no amount of improv actors pretending to work at Burger King could have fixed it

I thought it was decent but I only ordered it a couple times because usually if I go to Burger King I'm there for some variation of the Whopper.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

n8r posted:

Stroopwaffel McFlurry.

Whaaaaaaa?! I didn't know this was a thing! Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I guess I'll have to try to find a copycat recipe or something.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

Used to grab one of these on the way to work most mornings. RIP

Think Less fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Mar 2, 2020

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer

drat I miss these, I always finished the meal with at least one.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

The Beefy Crunch Burrito.

https://tacobell.fandom.com/wiki/Beefy_Crunch_Burrito

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

When I was in Malaysia a few years back KFC had this wasabi wrap for a month or so:

It remains the single best thing I've ever had at a fast food joint and I was getting 2-3 of them a week until it disappeared.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I miss those Torpedo from quiznos. It doesn’t stretch the mouth like subway footlong and more filling despite the smaller size.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Pretty good posted:

When I was in Malaysia a few years back KFC had this wasabi wrap for a month or so:

It remains the single best thing I've ever had at a fast food joint and I was getting 2-3 of them a week until it disappeared.

Goddamn that looks amazing. It would be nice if we could get more crazy wasabi poo poo here in the States.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

A&W a few years ago had a maple chipotle burger, it was so good but they got rid of it :(

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't had one since I was probably 5 but I still remember exactly what McDonalds pizza tasted like.

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
cool ranch taco. yes i know. but i miss it some.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

RIP to:
- the BK smoked whopper circa 1997
- all of that pretzel bun stuff Wendy’s was doing like 5 years ago
- the BK California whopper, the guac was surprisingly good
- the KFC Twister (not sure if a true LTO)

TheAardvark posted:

I liked the Hot Pockets "Subs" that were like huge and fluffy a lot.

:hmmyes: these were fuckin great

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Also :rip: to Subway's cheesy garlic bread option, I'm not sure it even lasted more than a month before they just sorta stopped restocking even before the end of the promotion. Subway's, well, Subway, but if you're gonna eat there anyway, toasty garlic butter and a ton of mozzarella make it way better.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Bold Robot posted:

RIP to:
- the BK smoked whopper circa 1997
- all of that pretzel bun stuff Wendy’s was doing like 5 years ago
- the BK California whopper, the guac was surprisingly good
- the KFC Twister (not sure if a true LTO)

:hmmyes: these were fuckin great

Twister is still standard menu in Aus so not impossible it'll come back up there.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I remember I used to like the Super Hero Burger from McDonalds. The one they had for like Batman and Robin or Batman Forever. This was when I was in Canada. It had 3 beef cheeseburger patties, white American, onions, lettuce, tomato, mayo and maybe something else on a long roll

They also had like a California Burger or something

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Gatts posted:

They also had like a California Burger or something

???

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Pouring one out for my boy, the double chalupa. Just a giant boat of cheese and meat in an overly greasy shell.

It requires 5+ fire sauces to taste right, and I'd eat three of them in a heartbeat if given the chance.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Can we also mourn Fast Food places that are no more?

We only have one Hot 'n Now in the world now. It used to be like White castle in that it server slightly larger sliders in huge amounts for drunk people and high school students. Got they were good.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I remember getting 49¢ hamburgers at Hot N Now, but I don't ever remember them selling sliders Krystal/White Castle style.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Hey Taco Bell. Bring back the Naked Chicken Chalupa you fucks! And give you the option of filling it with ground beef.

Taco Bell gimmicks have been pretty boring lately.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Casimir Radon posted:

Hey Taco Bell. Bring back the Naked Chicken Chalupa you fucks! And give you the option of filling it with ground beef.

Taco Bell gimmicks have been pretty boring lately.

Supposedly KFC is working on something similar, a chicken taco with the "shell" being fried chicken.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
I feel like being a mad scientist working at the Taco Bell or KFC laboratories coming up with the craziest things you can must be one of the best jobs.

Did American KFCs have the chizza?

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Aside from the Double Down, American KFCs are a lot more boring when it comes to wacky items than in other parts of the world. They are all about selling buckets of 20-100 pieces to families on Sunday after church.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I want the cheesy beefy melt, Taco Bell

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Limited time...and never returned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyIOfO6Cu_U

I ate quite a few of these while available in 1994. They had a decent, flavorful sauce on them and whole beans which was odd at that point in Taco Bell history.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

wish taco bell would bring back the grilled stuffed burrito. for years, it was the only thing I'd ever order from the bell. that and gorditas. chalupas are too greasy for my liking.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

liquid courage posted:

wish taco bell would bring back the grilled stuffed burrito. for years, it was the only thing I'd ever order from the bell. that and gorditas. chalupas are too greasy for my liking.

The Grilled Stuft is a standard menu item at every taco bell I've been to. :shrug:

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Bold Robot posted:

The Grilled Stuft is a standard menu item at every taco bell I've been to. :shrug:

They took it off the menu at the end of last year.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Q_res posted:

They took it off the menu at the end of last year.

You gotta be making GBS threads me, this is the best item on the menu other than maybe the Crunchwrap Supreme.

e: gently caress I guess I haven't been to taco bell in like six months, I can't believe this

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Apparently Grilled Stuft was one of the bigger logjams in the kitchen.

The Enchilada Grilled Stuft LTO is one of my all time favorite things that Taco Bell ever did.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Poore bros. limited time chip flavor smokehouse cheddar. Best chip I ever ate rip.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Fartington Butts posted:

RIP Quizno's honey ham sandwich circa 2003.

yeah the honey bacon club or whatever? that poo poo was really good

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
the original grill stuffd was better than the last one they had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Anybody remember magic middle cookies from the 90s? Shortbread with a fudge center. Second only to mini middles, the mini version. Keebler you sons of bitches being then back :smith:

There was a time when I thought I'd never get to eat a fudge oreo again but they brought them back!! See, keebler!! loving get on it!!