Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Peachfart posted:

This is the weirdest take that I hear from a ton of people. All I can assume is that you were a kid when they came out and have rose tinted glasses because yikes, those are some terrible movies.

actually, my take is good and yours is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm 69 years old and the prequels are good

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Roth posted:

I'm 69 years old and the prequels are good

nah

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

cuntman.net posted:

actually, my take is good and yours is bad

my take is gooderer!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

My take is the goodestest

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i actually like them more as i get older but thats probably the sequels fault

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Peachfart posted:

This is the weirdest take that I hear from a ton of people. All I can assume is that you were a kid when they came out and have rose tinted glasses because yikes, those are some terrible movies.

It was just the opposite for me. I didn't care for them much when I saw them as a kid, but when I rewatched them ahead of seeing TFA I found they were solidly enjoyable bad scifi.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Peachfart posted:

True but at least the plot was coherent... mostly.

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 20:15 on May 3, 2020

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I thought all of prequeldome was required reading for this forum, wtf

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Zoran posted:

I thought all of prequeldome was required reading for this forum, wtf

We just told you that so you'd do it! Now you're as crazy as the rest of us!

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

reignofevil posted:

We just told you that so you'd do it! Now you're as crazy as the rest of us!

buddy I’m the second person to reply to that thread, you bet your rear end I’ve read the whole thing

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

The prequels sucked rear end but the core premise of them (the fall of the republic along with palatines rise, and the corruption and fall of Anakin) were solid and Lucas at least had a vision. The sequels were soulless paint by numbers corporate dreck that had no overarching story it really wanted to tell

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Feldegast42 posted:

The prequels sucked rear end but the core premise of them (the fall of the republic along with palatines rise, and the corruption and fall of Anakin) were solid and Lucas at least had a vision. The sequels were soulless paint by numbers corporate dreck that had no overarching story it really wanted to tell

:emptyquote:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Feldegast42 posted:

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Feldegast42 posted:

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Feldegast42 posted:

Nailed it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The prequels are bad but the memes and palpy are so good they make me not mad at them any more. They just exist and I can shrug and never watch them lol

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

I just watched Skywalker for the first time and holy lol the dialog is bad. JJ must've picked up a ton of mcu one liners left on the writers room floor

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

I just watched Skywalker for the first time and holy lol the dialog is bad. JJ must've picked up a ton of mcu one liners left on the writers room floor

They fly now!
They fly now?
...THEY FLY NOW!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I know the rest of your story...

I’ll tell you later lol

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Somehow... [incredibly pained sigh] Palpatine returned.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm convinced that Hux saying he's the spy followed by Poe yelling "WHAT?" was genuine anger from Oscar Isaac.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
It probably would have been a better and more coherent film if it had just been the actors doing improv the whole time.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

nine-gear crow posted:

They fly now!
They fly now?
...THEY FLY NOW!

lol this has probably already been posted in this thread

i don't care

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd9DvIs97G0

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Angry Salami posted:

It probably would have been a better and more coherent film if it had just been the actors doing improv the whole time.

Yeah the single biggest strength of the sequels is the great casting and the chemistry that most of the actors have together, they probably could have improvised some really great stuff

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

lol this has probably already been posted in this thread

i don't care

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd9DvIs97G0

Hahaha, this is great

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Yeah the single biggest strength of the sequels is the great casting and the chemistry that most of the actors have together, they probably could have improvised some really great stuff
They have a great central cast and it's absolutely wasted outside of TFA.

But now they walked a trunkload of cash into Taika Waititi's direction so I hope his A Star Wars Story film is a meditation on Space Racism and as weird as Wilderpeople.

Space Sam Neill When

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

Space Sam Rockwell When

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Kylo Ren was the only good thing about the sequels. and then he gives his life force (where the gently caress did that come from?) and dies???

yes, I know the life force thing was established with the force healing thing, but god. killing him off was dumb as hell. shoulda been Rey.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

the sequels

dumb as hell

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
"oh you're a force diad so I can steal your life energy nice"

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

I will make no apologies for my love of adam-chan

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011
I feel so bad whenever anyone says they liked TLJ here since a bunch of folks will quickly show up and start telling them they're wrong over and over again

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

dracula vladdy AF posted:

I feel so bad whenever anyone says they liked TLJ here since a bunch of folks will quickly show up and start telling them they're wrong over and over again

I don’t, those are the trials that make you into a true posting warrior

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 198 days!

star wars heterodoxy will not be allowed

baromodo
Nov 14, 2012

Tbf, they're not just saying they liked it, people can enjoy the taste of garbage that's perfectly fine. They're making some WIIILD claims about it being actually good.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
For my view on TLJ, please check the OP.

I think Vince Mancini of filmdrunk is the best movie critic in the world, and his review of TLJ is very good, you can read it here:

'The Last Jedi’ Subverts Some Of The Worst ‘Star Wars’ Tropes

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

baromodo posted:

They're making some WIIILD claims about it being actually good.
It ranks better than RotJ in my book.

TFA is basically a heroin-smack of nostalgiafandom. "look! Not the prequels, remember your buddies! Intrigue! Are you interested in adding this to your Wookiepedia entry?!"

TLJ has faults, but at least it reaches for something. I remember talking about the last scene as being both cynically commercial (hah, the franchise will never end!) but also hopeful with my friends after the film ended.

Burns
May 10, 2008

FilthyImp posted:

TLJ has faults, but at least it reaches for something.

Like what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Burns posted:

Like what?

the heat death of the universe