Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Drunk Nerds posted:

Antonio Brown looking more and more tempting.

I triple dog dare you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

Antonio Brown looking more and more tempting.

Do it

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
D'oh.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
8.7 - Noah Fant, TE, Denver
Noah Fant is my big fat tight end crush this year that I might be a year early on, while powering ahead and ignoring any downsides (see Gesicki, Michael in 2019)

9.6 - James White, RB, New England
Everyone is fading Patriots because they might suck poo poo. Whether or not they suck poo poo, James White is going to get a lot of targets. If he doesn't, it's a round nine pick and my fourth RB.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Robbie Anderson in the back of the tenth feels off to me... did I miss some bad news?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Round 8 on:

Sony Michel - If I were starting Jarret Stidham, I'd run the ball a lot.

John Brown - Had some solid moments last year, maybe he can keep that up.

Antonio Brown - The draft went quicker than I thought overnight and the couple dudes I had queued up got sniped

Sterling Shepard - He didn't light the world on fire, but when healthy seemed a decent flex last year.

Duke Johnson - Cause David Johnson is cooked.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Round 11 Dallas Goedert: I need to throw a TE dart
Round 12: Will Dissly: Another TE dart
Round 13: Rashad Penny. It's round 13 and idk maybe he'll get off the pup and turn into the first round back he was supposed to be

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Taysom Hill because I assume he’s TE/flex eligible and it’s the fourteenth round anyway.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Welp, here's what I ended up with:

QB: Drew Brees
RB: Mark Ingram
RB: Jordan Howard
WR: Michael Thomas
WR: Chris Godwin
WR: Courtland Sutton
TE: George Kittle
FX: Terry McLaurin
FX: Tevin Coleman

BENCH

RB: Ke'Shawn Vaughn
RB: Joshua Kelley
RB: Anthony McFarland Jr.
RB: Adrian Peterson
WR: Diontae Johnson
WR: Larry Fitzgerald

After going hard at WR and taking a star TE early, I split my RB picks between trusty veterans who should have decently reliable workloads and rookies who should get a chance. I'm expecting a top ten year out of Brees and was happy to take him in the back of the 10th as the second-to-last team to take a starting QB. Probably not the #1 best team drafted here but I feel good about it overall.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I just liked seeing how many rookies I could grab in the later rounds as lottery tickets. Probably not a strategy I’d do in a real draft but this was fun to try. Thanks!

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Ito Smith because if Gurley really is busted, one of the guys behind him is worthwhile.
Josh Reynolds at the end. Last year you had to pay a 4th for disappointing production from the rams WR3. Getting that in the 15th means this is a value pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
R9: Henderson was a monster in college and that backfield’s wide open (aka a crapshoot).

R10: Again, I expect the Browns to look a lot better this year (if there is a this year) due to their upgraded OL, and Hooper should be a part of that. Even if the OL doesn’t come through, Baker can use him like a safety valve when protection breaks down. I feel like TE is a huge crapshoot after Kittle & Kelce though.

R11: Mecole Hardman is boom or bust as hell, but he should be pretty thoroughly in the mix by this point. He’s good Tyreek insurance too. Plus gimme as much of this offense as I can get (even if they have to play the Chargers defense twice a year).

R12: I think the Colts are going to kick a lot of rear end this year; Rivers is a big upgrade over Brissett, Buckner is excellent and is joining a defense which looked incredible at times last year, and the OL should be one of the (if not the very) best units in the league. If Campbell doesn’t turn to dust when you think about him, he could benefit quite a bit.

R13: More Colts. Rivers loves dumping the ball off to RBs, which makes Hines 100% worth a 14th rounder. Plus he gets to run behind that OL!

R14: Again, the Rams didn’t do much to improve, so might as well bet on the beneficiaries of the declining OL last year. At one point Higbee was flexworthy, and it’s a 14th. Wish I’d reached for Gesicki though.

R15: Since I accidentally drafted Josh Allen, I figured a backup QB would be a wise investment. Jones was the best option left, although I would also obviously drop him without hesitation.