Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I'm truly sorry there is no goku option but I want this to be scientific
I would like to be able to fly
I would like a billion dollars
View Results

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
How far can I fly, and at what speed?

edit: I guess if it's Superman flight, I'd...still pick a billion dollars, assuming that death plague becomes significantly less of a risk soon. Drinking coffee & Bailey's and then going to sleep > having to actually navigate and worry about the air force shooting me down.

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jun 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy
Honestly I'd settle for even low gravity crouching tiger style flying, I don't think it would ever get old just parkouring around the city

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:
Am I immune from aerodynamic effects? Are the people who are flying with me? The airflow at mach 9 could really put a damper on the sex cult related activities.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Flight. Especially if I can cheat the system by carrying people who are carrying people. Even if you can only take one other person you can still basically abolish national borders in a matter of weeks. Refugees all over the globe, libertarians dropped into Somalia, liberation for oppressed people everywhere.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

What if I wore spurs??? :thunk:

how many billions you got?

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.
I would buy a helicopter and hire a full-time pilot and use the other 999 million for fun things.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

The Walrus posted:

Another issue with flight is that you'd be obligated to help people.

"Oh great another loving penthouse orphanage is on fire"

with a billion dollars you SHOULD be obligated but you definitely won't be.

Penthouses are encouraged to burn to the ground and indeed starting a fire at the top of buildings will bring about rapid social change.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I'd sell a private SPACE TOUR to every billionaire on Earth. I would tell them that to save time, we're just going to do one trip and they can all pile on at once. I would advertise it as a fantastic jot around the solar system to see the moon, Saturn's rings, the Titan, etc... and that they would be the only ones to ever get to do it.

Then once they were all on board I'd fly directly into the sun.

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

I would buy a helicopter and hire a full-time pilot and use the other 999 million for fun things.

Bad idea: https://www.ranker.com/list/famous-people-who-died-of-helicopter-crash/celebrity-lists

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I'll take the billion and a private jet + helicopter to fly me anywhere I want to go.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Once all the billionaires are in space just let go and fly back to Earth. Some nice island somewhere. Also lol at AA weapons taking you down, you fly at mach 9 and are basically undetectable by modern technology by virtue of being made of meat.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I’m a huge pussy who’s afraid of plane travel, so I’d probably pick flight so if my plane started crashing I could just open the door and yell ‘bye suckers jokes on you I can fukkin fly!!’ and not die in plane crashes.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I'd take 100 thou over flight

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

big nipples big life posted:

how many billions you got?

Zero billions lol. :v:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

I'm running out of time to change my life

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Spinz posted:

If I somehow become a billionaire, Ill give you that 100 thou homie. Maybe a few.

You could open up a Mediterranean restaurant named 'Spinz'

feller
Jul 5, 2006

And a high-end boutique named Spenz

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Zero billions lol. :v:

you can walk

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Spinz posted:

Thinking like that ain’t helpful.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

A billion? What kind of chump change is that?

now a trillion...

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Thinking like that ain’t helpful.

You are right. It's a challenging time. Ty goons!!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
A billion bucks, definitely. Flying would get old pretty quickly, with a billion bucks you could even do two chicks at the same time.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

you could poop on people from low earth orbit although the math would probably be pretty difficult

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

The Walrus posted:

If you feel you could found a sex cult, that's fine. I guess, for you.

This guy founded a sex cult dude, anybody can do it.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

the billion. flying sounds cool but in reality once somebody recorded you playing superman everyone would instantly recognize you everywhere you went and you'd never, ever, ever hear the end of people wanting rides or you to bring them poo poo or their own private airshow. even if you tried doing a clark kent routine it would only take one or two fuckups for some nosy reporter to catch you changing your clothes in a phonebooth and then your face is on international news the next day. no amount of money will get people to forget the face of a real-life superperson, whereas you can easily buy as much privacy as you want with the billion

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I would take the billion and use it to destroy capitalism

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
an anonymous billion sounds way better than being able to fly. You'd probably make a lot of money flying but you'd be famous and it'd be a real loving hassle.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Bird strike will gently caress you up

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I was gonna say fly because you'd be able to live comfortably and probably live a way happier and more interesting life than the average billionaire. But then I thought about it:

-Some people would probably try to kill you for being an abomination/alien/whatever
-Everyone would hate you for not devoting all your time to saving people. Like if 9/11 happened, you couldn't just sit at home and watch. Everyone would be like "where's the flying guy"?

I do wonder if it would even be possible to earn a billion dollars with the power of flight. Millions, sure, but billions? It would be the world's greatest sideshow act. Rich dudes would hire you privately to perform for guests. You could do those jobs where a guy changes a lightbulb on a mile high tower, and do it 20 times faster. Actually, with super fast speed you could change all the bulbs in america in one day. I just don't know if it's possible to make billions without being a true businessman though.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
If I could fly, I would carry all NASA/whoever's neat science stuff into space for free. While I'm up there, I would leave my filthy rear end-prints on the lens of every spy satellite. After that, I don't know, solve world hunger or wealth inequality somehow? Maybe I'll secretly build a moon base out of floating space junk and only come back every once in a while to gently caress with the biggest jerks in the world by pretending to be an alien or something... and to get more beer.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

If you can fly at mach 9 getting money would be kinda trivial.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i voted before i read your modified flight rules. wtf is this bullshit superman can fly fast enough to travel backwards in time. i'm taking full speed superman :colbert:

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

I wish I was a 1% poo poo stain.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

If I could fly at mach 9 my only job would be transporting poo poo that needed to be moved ASAP. I would just move organ transplants from hospital to hospital. Not only do I get to help people, but if I wore a gopro and had a patreon? I'd be set for life and I'd help countless people who really need it.

If you had a billion dollars best case scenario you either run out of money helping people or you have to engage in stinking capitalism in order to continue helping people. Boooooooooo.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Torquemada posted:

I’m a huge pussy who’s afraid of plane travel, so I’d probably pick flight so if my plane started crashing I could just open the door and yell ‘bye suckers jokes on you I can fukkin fly!!’ and not die in plane crashes.

Never said "land".

Or "avoid getting clipped by the tail section" for that matter

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

You could fly but you have to expend sufficient amounts of calories

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I could also, spread a nasty rumor like, BNBL is a SADDLE SNIFFER! :aaa:

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

If I flew to the moon would I have to wear a spacesuit? I know you said Superman rules when flying but does that mean once I landed on the moon and started walking around I’d need a suit?

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST
rescuing people from penthouse fires all day would be fun as gently caress, actually

all God complex in your head, perfecting an arsenal of corny-rear end fire jokes to tell people while they watch their lives burn to a cinder, rock hard dick the whole time

the only reason to have cartoonishly large amounts of money is to spend it chasing the freedom that superman flight would give you, except you have to do it via proxies like ferraris and coke and ruining peoples lives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Get a cheap costume and pretend to be Son of Mothman