Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who will reign supreme
chipotle
qdoba
moe's
gently caress all this poo poo i'm going to taco bell
some other local bullshit chain no one cares about
View Results

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

FBS posted:

Freebirds, bitch

:hmmyes:

Unfortunately the nearest one to me is 12 hours away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Derpies posted:

I worked at a place called Salsaritas in college that was this same style and although my boss was insane the food was good

I feel like a bunch of colleges had salsarita's

it was genuinely pretty decent and on the meal plan
I didn't like their chips that much but my now husband would just eat them all so it was fine

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
Never been to a qdoba so I got nothing on that. The moe's here is better than the chipotle tho. I usually make my burritos at home anyway and they're usually just pintos, onions, garlic, various chilies, cumin, black pepper, hot sauce and a bit of curry simmered in a crock pot for a day then immersion blended. Good stuff. Cheese too of course during the construction process

----------------

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Space Race Riot posted:

Cheese too of course during the construction process

What kind of cheese? I always just go with the generic taco blend stuff you get in a bag but I did always like the cheese Chipotle uses (Monterey?)

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
Typically a blend of Monterey, Colby and Habanero jack but the bagged ones work fine. Sometimes I'll throw a hard cheddar in there to mix it up but supermarket stuff goes well too. I eat way too many bean and cheese burritos. Also look up hank's hot sauce, as it is great

----------------

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Got an email that Qdoba has BOGO entrees through 8/30. it's apparently a reward in your rewards account, just scan your reward barcode when you checkout (or maybe it's automatic ordering online, not sure)

e: I just checked and it's in my account. might have to get a bowl for now and one for another day

Crusty Nutsack fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Aug 20, 2020

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
Haven't had Moes in years, they still doing their own version of the Taco Bell Crunchwrap? Moe's takes my vote because their chips and salsa bar can't be beat. Qdoba is acceptable and Chipotle sucks. If you're in MN, St. Cloud has a place called Bravo Burritos that is amazing.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

my Qdoba doesn't have pork anymore :mad: it was like their only protein with flavor. the "brisket" is dry as poo poo

I wonder if it's just a pandemic streamlining thing or if it's gone everywhere for good

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Crusty Nutsack posted:

my Qdoba doesn't have pork anymore :mad: it was like their only protein with flavor. the "brisket" is dry as poo poo

I wonder if it's just a pandemic streamlining thing or if it's gone everywhere for good

Mine still has Pulled Pork if that's what you mean

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

While Moe's is the best food out of the three I really hate places that force everyone to greet you when you come in the door. Similarly, ordering online at Five Guys and telling them your name and they're like "HEY EVERYONE, ___ IS HERE!" and everyone working the line is obligated to turn around and say "HI ______!" Like, just keep doing what you're doing it's okay if you don't shout me out like I subbed on twitch or something.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

TheAardvark posted:

Mine still has Pulled Pork if that's what you mean

well damnit gently caress my locations :argh:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I'm going to create the first restaurant that forces the employees to say THANKS FOR THE SUBSCRIPTION, REMEMBER TO LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE! to capture the zoomer market

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

TheAardvark posted:

I'm going to create the first restaurant that forces the employees to say THANKS FOR THE SUBSCRIPTION, REMEMBER TO LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE! to capture the zoomer market

Remember to train your staff, every customer that comes through that door gets a "Whatsup guys"

----------------

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
every store is permanently live streamed to youtube. staff profiles are mandatory. employees can be tipped over the internet (so I can pay them less than minimum wage)

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

i've never seen this greeting thing at the few Moe's i've been to, nor had my name taken at five guys :confused:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Johnny Truant posted:

i've never seen this greeting thing at the few Moe's i've been to, nor had my name taken at five guys :confused:

The five guys thing was only when you ordered ahead online and gave your name. Maybe it's just a per store thing.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

explosivo posted:

The five guys thing was only when you ordered ahead online and gave your name. Maybe it's just a per store thing.

I doubt it, 5G is notoriously strict on managing franchisee store processes. Source: coworker who owned a 5G store for a while.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

We don't have Moe's around here, Qdoba is pretty dang good, and Chipotle is gross and will give you ecoli.

DessertStorm
Aug 9, 2013

What pisses me off about Chipotle is how they somehow convinced everyone that they're the 'healthy' option so when I worked in LA every Chipotle had lines down the block come lunch time. hosed up for several reasons-
1. It is the barest minimum of 'healthy' and insanely sodium-filled
2. There is always at least one authentic taco dive/truck close by in LA and you can probably see one from that long rear end Chipotle line
3. I don't need this pretense for eating Americanized Mexican food, I just want a gooey mess of meat and tortilla covered in queso

And this is why Moe's is the superior chain.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I like Moe's. Every burrito I've gotten at Chipotle fell apart after the first bite. Gotta wrap that poo poo tight!

Remember that "You can't spell 'Chipotle' without E Coli" joke?

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Basically what I've learned here is that there is no difference between a corporate owned and a franchised restaurant. They have an equal chance (high) of being complete poo poo.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Moe's still sucks, though. You don't go on Undercover Boss if you're treating your employees well.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

You can get their queso at Safeway

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
When I tried Moe's the chicken was infinitely nastier than Chipotle.

Freebirds is baller but also nowhere near where I live.

That's my story.

FacelessVoid
Jul 8, 2009
Chipotle = Tijuana Flats > Qdoba >>>> Moe's

Chipotle has the best hot sauce around and is always clean.

I've been to half a dozen different Moe's and they all suck poo poo and were dirty as gently caress. One guy I knew who loved them was extremely obese and stupid. Think it's safe this is true for everyone that likes them.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
A few weeks ago, on the way back from an afternoon trip, my wife suggested picking up from Moe's.

I was... ok with it. I don't love Moe's but I was thinking maybe a burrito bowl would hit the spot.

My wife got it in her head to buy one of those $50 family meals for us and our child.

If you're wondering what's worse than Moe's, it's having to serve yourself.

She was excited at the idea of having leftovers. In my experience there is nothing worse than left over fast food.

I didn't eat the leftovers and inexplicably neither did she. She wasn't feeling well the next day (not blaming Moe's on that) and of course, in her eyes, 2 day old leftovers are unsafe to eat.

So $50 not well spent. At least it didn't come out of my pocket.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

I can't figure out why Moe's exists.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Devonaut posted:

because it's better than Chipotle in every way, OP

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

kumba posted:

because it's better than Chipotle in every way, OP

and qdoba

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Devonaut posted:

some people enjoy flavor in their food

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

i dont have any of those around here so i cant compare, but probably

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

it's so bad seriously, it's like what I would expect if I went to a "mexican" restaurant in the uk

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Personally I prefer Chipotle but I think it comes down to the first chain you try and like. Qdoba is bland to me and we don't have moe's in our area.

I miss their chorizo tho.

Duck Stab!
Oct 21, 2020

HERE I COME, CONSTANTINOPLE!

From my experience with the three in my area, Qdoba > Moe's > Chipotle though there's really amazing taquerias near me so I really don't bother with the big chains anymore.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I go to Qdoba. Chipotle is maybe 5 minutes further but Qdoba is right on the way so I just go there. I exclusively get burrito bowls and since I count my calories I can get a huge bowl of food for 700-800 calories that lasts me until dinner so I just have 2 meals a day. My protein is usually steak and I've tried them all. Maybe just once or twice I've gone the extra 5 minutes to Chipotle and didn't find much of a difference between them and Qdoba. They're basically the same thing.

Something that hasn't been mentioned before. Qdoba (at least mine) has a Coke Freestyle machine. I LOVE those things. I get diet coke with lemon. I used to love Pepsi Twist back in the day and this is my way of getting it now.

Never heard of Moe's.

----------------

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Never heard of Moe's.
WELCOME TO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOES

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Previa_fun posted:

Personally I prefer Chipotle but I think it comes down to the first chain you try and like. Qdoba is bland to me and we don't have moe's in our area.

I miss their chorizo tho.
Whose chorizo? i've can't remember having good big chain chorizo, which seems like something they could get at least passable but it's always so bad.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
I get annoyed with all of them because moe's used to have a a taco salad with a hard shell and they got rid of it but they're the only one with shredded iceburg lettuce, which i prefer to romaine for taco salads. the other places only use romaine and sometimes i dont want romaine but i want a lettuce

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
They all pale in comparison to Pepperjax Grill, which is pretty much only in Kansas City, Nebraska, and Iowa. They don't even advertise as Mexican, but they have all the same stuff as Chipotle plus sandwiches that are also tasty. Their marketing sucks though, and they inaccurately refer to the sandwiches as Philly cheesesteaks when they are an entirely different thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Konstantin posted:

they inaccurately refer to the sandwiches as Philly cheesesteaks when they are an entirely different thing.

This is the same everywhere in America outside the Philly area. Cheesesteaks are loving simple on paper, but everyone botches them.