Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Who would do anything so cruel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA_Hs9DkmOo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The Nolan batman movies were a metaphor for the war on terror

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

The best scene from those movies is the one where Batman starts to growl yet another threat at a criminal but then starts coughing violently. He tries again and his voice comes out as a raspy little squeak because he over-strained his vocal cords and has to take like a week off before he can speak again.

That scene definitely happened. I remember it happened. Anyone who's seen that movie knows it happened.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
It's amazing that they let the guy do that stupid voice for three movies. Why didn't they say something?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Icochet posted:

It's amazing that they let the guy do that stupid voice for three movies. Why didn't they say something?

And then he kept doing it in Terminator 4.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The biggest trick Nolan ever pulled on you was convincing you that his Batman was supposed to be taken seriously

The finale of TDKR is literally 'Sometimes you just can't get rid of a bomb!'

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

CountryMatters posted:

There is a part in that game where a "criminal" is dangling by a rope helplessly over a pit of lethal green joker gas. He begs for you to save him. In order to progress with the game, you have to cut the rope he's hanging from to cause him to fall down into the gas and break a roof tile that's blocking you

Non-lethally, apparently

Isn't there some scene where a dude is on a train heading for disaster and Batman is like "Not gonna kill ya but I'm also not gonna save you". Pretty sure that counts as murder anyway or at least some kinda negligent manslaughter.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Picture this: it’s like a new Batman movie. Alfred quits Batman over mounting unrequited sexual tension, Batman drinks himself into oblivion and forgets all the batcodes to poo poo, gets on the internet and griefs people over not being able to shoot them with an arsenal of different batguns. Everything turns out alright for him in the end though.

Voting Floater
May 19, 2019

As expected, Batman's car is covered in multiple ridiculously oversized and impractical phallic objects that only really serve to show off his own deep-rooted emotional issues.It's something that's also clear in the contrast between Batman and his greatest nemesis, whom he spends an inordinate amount of time obsessing over, chasing and harassing but who he can never truly change or permanently repress. The Joker is the one thing Batman most wants to be but constantly denies himself: a colorful, outrageously camp and unabashed gay man.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Some piece of poo poo cop griefs some rando for not being Batman or not thinking or believing he is Batman on the Internet, all the previous Batman actors show up in costume and physically beat the cop into the dirt. Like some grainy art house poo poo.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!

Colonel Cancer posted:

Batman more like badman amirite people?
it is you, your the badman

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Gentlemen please.

We are all the bad men here.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I love badminton!

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

ante posted:

Imagine if he even spent even of a fraction of the cost of that military-fetish gear on social programs to help with homelessness and mental health issues, then no one would have to be desperate enough to steal wallets in order to feed their family or afford a bed to sleep in at night

No, The Joker would still pull his boner(s)

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I think the no longer criminally poor underclass would be happy to subsidize jokers boners. It's basically performance art

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
has Batman ever hosed the joker? this is important

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

why do you think he keeps chasing him

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

Only in his sweet dreams

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

arkham knight wasn't a very good game but it was hilarious how they gave you the batmobile so that you could non-lethally run people over. you could even non-lethally drive back and forth over their 'unconscious' bodies.
No you see, the outside of the Batmobile was electrified so that it would safely knock the thug unconscious and send him spasming out of the path of the oncoming Batmobile traveling at 80MPH. Alive and well.

And, um, Nerf tires.

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Stunt_enby posted:

batman is lovely propaganda imo

He’s in the pocket of Big Bat.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Systemic corruption and abuse by those in power wreaks far more havoc than a giggling bomber. Maybe Batman should PUT IN THE WORK and shut the gently caress up.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Mooey Cow posted:

Isn't there some scene where a dude is on a train heading for disaster and Batman is like "Not gonna kill ya but I'm also not gonna save you". Pretty sure that counts as murder anyway or at least some kinda negligent manslaughter.

Well, that same bad guy is the one who cut the brakes, so really Batman had no legal or moral obligation to save him from the trains impending derailment.

#BackTheBat

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Colonel Cancer posted:

I think the no longer criminally poor underclass would be happy to subsidize jokers boners. It's basically performance art

If the Joker happens because society is 'sick', then a healthy society would have one of the goofy, we-can-all-laugh-about-it-after versions of the Joker, and not the murdery and grim and squick versions of the Joker.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

A Batman has to have hosed a Joker in Flashpoint, so yes.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Fully socialized boners for everyone NOW

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I don't hear Bruce Wayne, working his employees to the bone while he lazes about in his palatial estate with his manservant and boy-charge demanding boners for anyone but himself!

I want fully funded, equally distributed boners, FOREVER

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Systemic corruption and abuse by those in power wreaks far more havoc than a giggling bomber. Maybe Batman should PUT IN THE WORK and shut the gently caress up.

Batman is super-rich, what makes you think he isn't totally aware of this?

Batman's campaign of violent vigilantism against the criminal underclass isn't about crime, it's about giving the middle classes a show. Keeping the majority from revolution by making them think that their world isn't totally out of control, things aren't getting worse, this is fine. As long as they keep blaming the poor for signing up as henchmen, they won't turn their attention on the rich in their penthouse apartments and gothic mansions. Batman's nightly pantomime is what keeps the guillotines at bay.

Batman has not reformed a single super villain. That should tell you something about the supposed "world's smartest detective", he's not really trying.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

is this a Golden Bat mobile? like it's designed for Golden Bat, the first super hero? I love that guy he just runs up to bad guys laughs then promptly kills them with way more force than required. all while crackling.

He would totally use this if cars where a thing when he was invented.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Let’s not forget Batman lives in a city that is basically designed for his bullshit. Come on down to the hood with that bullshit son, batmobile on blocks and Batman hanging on to his grappling hook from a street light and poo poo. :clint:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Klyith posted:

Batman is super-rich, what makes you think he isn't totally aware of this?

Batman's campaign of violent vigilantism against the criminal underclass isn't about crime, it's about giving the middle classes a show. Keeping the majority from revolution by making them think that their world isn't totally out of control, things aren't getting worse, this is fine. As long as they keep blaming the poor for signing up as henchmen, they won't turn their attention on the rich in their penthouse apartments and gothic mansions. Batman's nightly pantomime is what keeps the guillotines at bay.

Batman has not reformed a single super villain. That should tell you something about the supposed "world's smartest detective", he's not really trying.

We need that China Mieville Batman that's a working class hero whose nemesis is the rich Batman.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

We need that China Mieville Batman that's a working class hero whose nemesis is the rich Batman.

Spiderman?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Let’s not forget Batman lives in a city that is basically designed for his bullshit. Come on down to the hood with that bullshit son, batmobile on blocks and Batman hanging on to his grappling hook from a street light and poo poo. :clint:

Didn't Jason Todd start out trying to steal the Batmobile's hubcaps

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

1redflag posted:

Well, that same bad guy is the one who cut the brakes, so really Batman had no legal or moral obligation to save him from the trains impending derailment.

#BackTheBat

But Batman is his legal guardian and has a legal duty to keep him out of harm's way and should have taught him cutting the brakes would lead to certain doom.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
Did you know that before they gave it to Nolan, the then-new Batman was going to be directed by Darren Aronofsky? His vision was for Bruce Wayne to be a destitute vigilante who was a bit unhinged but more of a man of the people, played by Joaquin Phoenix. For a while I was disappointed we would never get to see what might have been. But then, a movie set in Gotham City that essentially fleshed out Aronofsky's idea for Batman: Year Zero actually came out in 2019. It was entitled Joker.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

eSports Chaebol posted:

Did you know that before they gave it to Nolan, the then-new Batman was going to be directed by Darren Aronofsky? His vision was for Bruce Wayne to be a destitute vigilante who was a bit unhinged but more of a man of the people, played by Joaquin Phoenix. For a while I was disappointed we would never get to see what might have been. But then, a movie set in Gotham City that essentially fleshed out Aronofsky's idea for Batman: Year Zero actually came out in 2019. It was entitled Joker.

That seems like one of those ideas that's from someone who has very little grasp of what the character is actually about and wants to just make their own thing, like that suit from the Nicholas Cage Superman who wanted him to be Venom, or the guy who wanted Hellboy to be the Hulk. In this case, sounds like he wanted Batman to be Moon Knight.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That seems like one of those ideas that's from someone who has very little grasp of what the character is actually about and wants to just make their own thing, like that suit from the Nicholas Cage Superman who wanted him to be Venom, or the guy who wanted Hellboy to be the Hulk. In this case, sounds like he wanted Batman to be Moon Knight.

disrespecting the source material is a proud tradition that gave us such gems as Starship Troopers and A Clockwork Orange (and before you say Dune as a counterexample, it didnt disrespect the book 1% as much as Jodorowsky planned on doing and that obviously would have been the greatest movie of all time)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

eSports Chaebol posted:

disrespecting the source material is a proud tradition that gave us such gems as Starship Troopers and A Clockwork Orange (and before you say Dune as a counterexample, it didnt disrespect the book 1% as much as Jodorowsky planned on doing and that obviously would have been the greatest movie of all time)

The difference is those movies were clearly made actually paying attention to the source material and deviating from it with purpose. for every one of those there's a half dozen Super Mario Bros movies

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

They should make a Batman movie where Batman doesn't give a single loving poo poo about killing people good OR bad.
Like he doesn't kill for fun, but if you and your family are standing around when he's got the wheel scythes out chasing the joker's gang around the streets of gotham and cuts all of your legs off as he drives past he's not even gonna honk or wave.
His new hard-core catchphrase that goes on all the merchandise and toys and stuff is a hardcore, growled, batvoice saying "...so WHAT".

Batman, you captured Penguine but killed hundreds in the process, AND started the Childrens Fair animal exhibit on fire!
"...so WHAT"
Oh, Batman! You're incorrigible!
"so WHAT?!"
Batman, I'm afraid it's cancer.
"SO what?"

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

The only good part of Ben Affleck's Batman is when he falls down in Justice League and can't get up, like a turtle.

The rest of the time he's just growling about how much he hates everything and how his life is so hard just cuz his parents died. Guess what? Superman's entire world is dead and you don't see him moping around (unless he's directed by Zack Snyder, too).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Does batman ever actually have a 'come to jesus' moment where he realizes that he's selfish jackass playing second fiddle to the villains he fights? I mean, one that MEANS anything that results in any change for the character?
I mean he's such a basic bitch.

I feel like people who would actually be fans of Batman himself would be the kind of people who really like Space Marines in warhammer because they're such cool dudes.