Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Goldie The Mack posted:

I'm also curious what pre-war means. My attempts at googling the answer, albeit feeble, were unsuccessful.

Pre-War collectable cards usually refer to cards from 1948 or earlier. It's probably an auction company that primarily does vintage cards but also holds auctions for valuable pokemon/magic/other collectables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
My 5 year old pulled a card worth about $20 the other day

Goldie The Mack
Nov 25, 2005

Go on and stick yo' seff

Tom Gorman posted:

Pre-War collectable cards usually refer to cards from 1948 or earlier. It's probably an auction company that primarily does vintage cards but also holds auctions for valuable pokemon/magic/other collectables.

That would explain why my Pokenon specific searches had results about old baseball cards.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Tom Gorman posted:

Lotta pokemon went ashore at Normandy in 1944. Lotta pokemon didn't make it off the beach.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

saving private nidoran

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Full Melmetal Jacket

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Saving Private Raichu

Madness
Jan 23, 2007

Colonel Cancer posted:

Actually scratch that I'll trade u a beanie baby and some Shrek pogs

Dude if you have some slammers in there then he's getting the better deal. Don't do it man!

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Slammers with those useless fingertip grooves

Bodhidharma
Jul 2, 2011

"virgin no more! virgin no more!" i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob
I regret donating my pokemon card collection. Don't let the same thing happen OP!

Bodhidharma fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Sep 9, 2020

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i still have most of mine, they make good bookmarks. they will also make good kindling when darkness eventually envelops the land.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Pre-War Pikachu uses POLIO!

It's super effective!!!

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

Pre-War Pikachu uses POLIO!

It's super effective!!!

Does it paralyze?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Spazzle posted:

Does it paralyze?

It’s super effective! Charizard’s legs are crippled!