Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
It's where you put over twelve thousand users on ignore until you literally break the forums.

:coupons:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I can't believe I remember Proudlegion fifteen years later.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Farten Barfen posted:

Coupons used to have a ton of free magazine subscription threads back in the day and that was cool:eng99:

Lol yeah I got like 18 years of Maxim or something.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It's a place for a couple moderators to shill their affiliate links for Amazon, Walmart, etc and make the big bucks off of the forum.

Hope that helps OP.

This is literally one of the rules:

"Rules for affiliate posters:

If you have no idea what affiliate links are, you probably aren't posting them and you can disregard this. Referral chains are exempt. Happy posting!

Anyone posting affiliate links must be pre-approved by me and will have to agree to additional rules before you can start posting them. Send me a PM for approval. (if you don't have platinum, buy the upgrade and then send me a PM)

The privilege of posting affiliate links is a reward given to consistently good posters, who have demonstrated that they're willing to put in the time to make the Coupons forum a better place, even without personal benefit. Don't even bother asking if you haven't been an active SA poster for at least the past year and if you're not a coupons regular who very actively contributes new deals/freebies (no, posting once a week isn't enough). People who just registered or just wandered off the SA street into Coupons aren't eligible. Stay, post a while, then you'll be considered. I've had a ton of people ignore this - if you ask and have barely contributed to the forum, you'll be banned from further consideration for a few months.

People posting affiliate links without approval will receive thread edits, probations, or banning, depending on the situation and how innocently I think it was done. (inadvertent posts with, say, the slickdeals code won't get you a ban or probation, for instance)"

It's very hypocritical that only a select few can post affiliate links. I don't understand why it's ok for only a couple of people to make a few bucks.

Other than that it's a pretty good resource to find deals without wading through the slick deals poo poo where someone will waste $10 in gas driving around to save $5 on a video game.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
I guess lowtax should have posted his mangosteen shill in there.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

There was a brief golden age of internet marketing in the mid aughts where lots of companies were starting to offer free samples/subscriptions/memberships/etc. because they wanted to get in on Internet Marketing™ and didn't realize that places like SlickDeals would proliferate and take advantage of these deals by signing up hundreds of times. There was a lot of cool free swag posted in the Coupons forum during that time ("Coupons, Rebates, Freebies, and Great Deals" back then). Companies eventually realized how bad of an idea that was and most good freebie deals dried up, and the Coupons forum kinda dried up with them. Or maybe forums members aged out of needing free glass decanter sets from Camel Cash and two dozen physical copies of Debian. :shrug:

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Coupons allowed me to sign my friend up for about 20 magazines a month, it was fantastic.

American Cheerleader got him some strange looks, Motorboating was the best one though.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

It just seems shady man, what’s going on down there? Are they organizing sex parties, drug deals?

Holding your gangbang coupon tightly, you patiently wait in the line of men for your turn. While you wait, you buy a handful of mixed loose pills using another coupon, a bourbon with yet another, and wash down the pills with the bourbon.

Reaching the front of the line, you have just managed to keep your erection, but suddenly feel very very dizzy...

You wake to find yourself strapped face down to a massage table. There is a line of men, queueing up to use you. The guy at the front of the queue exchanges his coupon for a jar of vaseline...

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jan 27, 2021

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i heard if you stay in coupons for too long, your browser will mysteriously navigate to wikipedia as fishmech's ghost tries to correct another article

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

lots of good deals thats what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Is it where you can get this free nooner I'm always hearing about?