Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
You're basically responsible for global warming OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

the trick is actually to insulate yourself from the heat with wool

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Amend your tinder/grindr profile to specify that you only hook up with people with a/c

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Or in bathrooms which are notably cooler

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Last year I took one of the portable ACs we have at work and it was totally useless. Put aluminium foil on the windows instead and that worked okay. Gonna try to do something on the outside of the windows next time, alternatively develop heat resistance or go to the north pole and pet some polar bears.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
those portable floor a/c units just dont put out for how big they are. old roommate left one when he moved out, dehumidifying the basement is its best use.

that being said, where i live is too hood for first floor window units, so its better to be able to take the exhaust out of the window and lock up when you're not around.

like my neighbor had an a/c unit properly screwed in and mounted using a kit, somebody had a helluva time ripping it all to poo poo but they got an A/c of some form from the ordeal

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

I wonder what people who live at the equator that have no AC think about American citizens who die of heat stroke on the regular when it gets above 90

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

I also can't stop thinking about the guys who ride their horses through the Nevada and Qatar desert, and then when the horse died of heat stroke they were like "this is a fine place to build a city"

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
At any rate it's a great place to set up a stabling business.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Dignity Van Houten posted:

I also can't stop thinking about the guys who ride their horses through the Nevada and Qatar desert, and then when the horse died of heat stroke they were like "this is a fine place to build a city"

Paradise for people who hate horses

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Right now I've got one of those bigass units that's set up outside the apartment and connects to the ducts in my apartment and comes out from all of them.

All of that comes standard but this is Las Vegas, not having them would probably be a human rights violation if not an outright crime against humanity

Wendigee posted:

You're only option is a window unit and it will keep your bedroom very cool.

Window units are basically all you see in many countries but they seem relatively rare in America, I hardly ever see them. They're great, no complaints from me. Got me through several years in southeast asia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Reckon y'aughta find some shade, pardner. :clint: