Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I have no idea, tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Let's Play honestly. I think I joined around the time DC got harassed over one of his games. It quickly lead me to playing on the WoW goon squad forums, and then eventually I met some friends in GBS.

BigSexy
Apr 21, 2020
I’ve been on the forums for more than half my life and I’m 35 now. Wow what a ride !!

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Yorbalinda water district

Mia Antifa
Sep 12, 2011

nazi punks fuck off
Can’t really recall (might have been the gamespy forums?) but I remember reading the h-game reviews and front page stuff before registering for the 9/11 memes after the forums blocked the unreg’d on that day around ‘11

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Photoshop Friday, they were the only articles I "read" on the main page and decided to lurk the forums before jumping in and trying my hand at some of the photoshop threads.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i think i saw a link on the killthechildren.com forums

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

some moron asked me if I had stairs in my house

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Flasher in the park had the website written across his fupa in lipstick.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I was posting but mostly lurking on the website the straight dope and big bad SA kept being mentioned. Since I was always drawn to evil or dysfunction or broken I checked it out

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I have no loving clue. It wasn't WoW or SWG. Maybe I was looking up funny pictures in 2005 and stumbled on it.

E: All I remember is making a "first post!" post in some thread (it being my first post on the forums) and lowtax probing me with the reason "it's not even the first post in the thread."

its all nice on rice fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Mar 12, 2021

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Derek smarts desktop commander.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

DangerDummy! posted:

Someone sent me an email link or however we used to do that back then of Cliff Yablonski stuff and I found the forums going through front page stuff.

Same. I was a senior in high school when I stated reading SA and the forums in 2002 I refused to pay $10 bucks to post on the internet and I didn't have a credit card so I didn't even bother lurking and spent all of my time on SA reading all of the front page content. It wasn't until 2004 that I started lurking and then one night in 06 I got pretty drunk and woke up the next day to see that I had registered.

enomie
Aug 10, 2017

The Locator posted:

It was so long ago, and I'm so old now, that I don't remember. I know I lurked for many years before finally creating an account and starting to participate in the forums in any way.
Me too. I know I used to read Your Band Sucks and Fashion SWAT back in like 2002, and I kinda knew the forums were there, but I didn't have a credit card and anyway scoffed at paying for something on the internet. Information wants to be free!

Came back a few years ago, paid, and am very glad I did.

Strigil
Oct 26, 2004
Photoshop Phridays and All Your Base drew me here.

Also :filez:

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

i think I heard about it from people mentioning it on Fark and possibly seanbaby or fatchicksinpartyhats? and I believe the first thing I saw was probably a cliff yablonski hates you "article" very much in the same vein. so, around 2000

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
my brother who then made fun of me for buying an account

shelley
Nov 8, 2010
sometime around 2005, I would look at photoshop competitions on worth1000, then one day I guess one of them linked here and that was it, I was hooked

didn’t register until 2010 bc there was no way teenage me was asking my mom for her credit card information so I could post on a forum... this account was one of the first things I bought with my own credit card

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

One of my friends got dial-up internet back in 2005 and we lost our poo poo at the Hardy Boys photoshop thread. A year later I was in college with absolutely no other exposure to the internet, so I decided to make camp here until I got my bearings. I knew I'd found my forever home when the Make Bad Christmas Music threads started.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I used to read planet quake religiously as a kid. One day I noticed Lowtax was no longer writing articles so I searched and found the front page/forums.

Seems embarrassing in retrospect but it was 20 year ago.

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Mar 12, 2021

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
the forums were thrust upon me without my knowledge or consent

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

A link on an IGN mmo forum to a thread on SA by a guy who had been loving himself in the rear end with his sisters dildo for months and she just walked in on him

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I came here via fark while I was in hs in 2005. I used to read fark during a bullshit computer class I took to have an easy period and found it from fark comments

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

being dumb as gently caress it was a natural progression to end up here

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

All your base! :2bong:

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.
I can't remember exactly how I got here. I do remember when this place was bright orange, though.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i have a 2000 reg date account but its a PITA to use it cause it needs a different email and poo poo :shrug:

and any ways THIS account has all my bests posts :colbert:

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3
Some old rear end starcraft forum, I can't remember what it was called.
something about bullshit? Who knows!

Or maybe it was the x-entertainment forums, I'm old and so is my memory

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

cliff yablonski + jeff k

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I'm pretty sure I got linked to the front page from TOTSE around 2001/2002. I only found the forums a few years later but didn't have a credit card because I was a child. One of the first purchases I made when I got one was a forums account.

God it's been 20 years.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I was a bad J4G (Join for guild) because I wanted to join Goonswarm in the Eve Online thread.

I got rejected for that very reason.

Sixfools
Aug 27, 2005

You be the Moon,
I'll be the Earth
And when we burst
Start over, oh, darling
When Gabe from Penny Arcade had a shitfit and shutdown their forum for almost a year during the M2 era. People wouldn't stop making threads about how his wife was fat.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Pretty sure it was some article about or reference to the Boatmurdered Let's Play, which led me to checking out other LPs, and then eventually sticking around.

I think it was the 'golden age of CYOAs' that turned me from a lurker to a regular, back when there suddenly was a fuckload of active CYOAs on GBS and the like.

BigDaddyDuck
Dec 23, 2018

Some long gone website called ihatemmorpgs.com I found back when I played dark fall.
Lurked for a long while, finally felt guilty for all the free entertainment and bought an account.
Now I pay to lurk.

Tres
Jun 21, 2003

Richard Stallman AKA St. iGNUcius-sama <3
Grimey Drawer
Pretty sure it was this exact thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=464783&userid=0&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

About clock spider (that image of a huge spider behind a clock).

Then I stuck around because of the MS Paint threads and Bigpeeler's dumb stories. I think I registered just around the time of the Geno invasions on Habbo Hotel.

At the time the forums really were good at loving with the rest of the net without it turning racist or stupid like 4chan eventually became.

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe
I'd been checking it on and off since high school, learned of it from gamefaqs when I was told to stop poo poo posting on their current events board. I lost my old account like a dumbass but I don't think I ever used it so idk.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
a friend of mine in high school tried to send me a link to a thread and I didn't have an account. so he said "well check your email I just bought you an account merry christmas"

I had vaguely known of SA before then (a lot of stuff invariably got reposted on other forums I posted on) but never really knew what it was all about. its reputation definitely preceded the actual content of the forums and I remember being a little nervous to post on da big bad SA forumz at first tbh

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
mike and seb from gifted liked jeffk and we all got our grade five selves some free forum accounts. I sometimes wonder if they're still posting. hi mike and seb!

JeffLeonard
Apr 18, 2003

TV Violence
Photoshop Phriday: RoboCop goes to the waterpark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists
A buddy and I were surfing the web, looking for funny sports topics, and stumbled upon the SASwiki which to some young teenage minds was the height of comedy. Finally figured out what it linked back to and then spent years lurking around the forums until I finally got a credit card and registered.